Jump to content


paullie

The talk of moving to Weedon Street...

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

 

Think they just knocked up the bottom tier quick time as opposed to temporary seating. It wasn’t open at the start of the season but soon after and building the roof/second tier continued from there. It cost £18million for a two tiered end Stand about five years ago.

 

Obviously I’m now an expert in the above having just googled it.

 

You’re doing more research than me, I just make it up as I go along.

 

The redevelopment of Old Trafford for example only cost £9.27, some signed Beckham shirts and George Best’s favourite pint pot.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Loving the work of the mole in this thread.

 

Rock the casbahowl

 

lol

There's clearly a Clash of ideas on this thread!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

There's clearly a Clash of ideas on this thread!

Should we stay or should we go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Should we stay or should we go

I reckon around 80% on here would stay....................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Should we stay or should we go

 

London calling

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

I reckon around 80% on here would stay....................................

 

How can you come up with these wild unsubstantiated statistics. We need a poll or something  :biggrin:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

There's clearly a Clash of ideas on this thread!

 

Let's avoid a white riot. Especially when we're trying to give racism the red card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

 

Let's avoid a white riot. Especially when we're trying to give racism the red card.

It's a case of as fans we need to know our rights!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

It's a case of as fans we need to know our rights!

 

9oBQ.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Millwall away last season........

we found the actual steps in Camden Market 

B0E6589C-389F-4CAA-9175-04CDDFC4844A.jpeg

5FAB7BA0-EF60-4B5E-BA1B-A05F3E84B3A3.jpeg

3C213335-EDC4-4FE9-A75C-9E0D4FE6C272.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Millwall away last season........

we found the actual steps in Camden Market 

B0E6589C-389F-4CAA-9175-04CDDFC4844A.jpeg

5FAB7BA0-EF60-4B5E-BA1B-A05F3E84B3A3.jpeg

3C213335-EDC4-4FE9-A75C-9E0D4FE6C272.jpeg

Bet your daddy was a bank-robber as well!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Millwall away last season........

we found the actual steps in Camden Market 

B0E6589C-389F-4CAA-9175-04CDDFC4844A.jpeg

5FAB7BA0-EF60-4B5E-BA1B-A05F3E84B3A3.jpeg

3C213335-EDC4-4FE9-A75C-9E0D4FE6C272.jpeg

 

 

Apart from the different building on the right, the different wall on the left, different floor and lack of overhead beams, that is exactly the same place 

:carlosswfc:

 

 

Nice picture of Senor Bull btw, you all still look handy.

 

So as i was saying, uncanny that you have recreated the exact same spot.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

 

 

Apart from the different building on the right, the different wall on the left, different floor and lack of overhead beams, that is exactly the same place 

:carlosswfc:

 

 

Nice picture of Senor Bull btw, you all still look handy.

 

So as i was saying, uncanny that you have recreated the exact same spot.

Really is the exact same spot ....... things have a habit of changing over a period of almost 40 years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Really is the exact same spot ....... things have a habit of changing over a period of almost 40 years!

 

 

I'll let thi off then.

Was just trying to 'excite' you as this thread has become tame and civilised.

 

 

 

Boooooooooooo!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2018 at 15:24, meggoisgod said:

I often go passed this waste ground on the train north of Meadowhall and wonder if this could be a perfect spot....road & train links would be great (M1 to the right)

 

image.png.e7d597dfac45d48d2da55e1452f959e7.png

 

Monorail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

 

Monorail?

It's the Barnsley line, or at least it was when I last lived in Sheffield (1987).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not being from a construction background at all, so probably a silly question but would a new site (if it ever did happen) have to be flattish ? if not there's loads of land either side of Midhurst Road over the back of the training ground and across the Don. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, paullie said:

Not being from a construction background at all, so probably a silly question but would a new site (if it ever did happen) have to be flattish ? if not there's loads of land either side of Midhurst Road over the back of the training ground and across the Don. 

 

 

They excavated into the hill to build Brighton's stadium, so presumably the site doesn't have to be flat to begin with. I imagine the additional costs would be pretty high though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought as much big area though and close to training ground and keeps it in the area

 

Edited by paullie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

 

They excavated into the hill to build Brighton's stadium, so presumably the site doesn't have to be flat to begin with. I imagine the additional costs would be pretty high though.

 

Hope we move to the ski village, could have Eddie the Eagle as our new mascot. DC has no clue how to maximise income so prob won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×