The talk of moving to Weedon Street...

17 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

I'd have agreed...until I saw the absolute clusterf*ck that's going on at WHL at the moment.

Champions League, brilliant manager, great football, England captain up front and one of the best stadiums in the world on the site of their home. 

I wish we had a clusterfu*ck that occurring down at S6. Levy is the best Chairman in British football, by a considerable distance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Getting to a new location may be easier. Parking would be closer, no tickets, vandalism would likely decrease. You havent mentioned the sale of the ground or how developing may be constrained by the actual site.

What exactly do you base that on?

Cars are vandalised around Hillsborough cos the vandals know that no bugger is going to be back to "The cars" before the game ends....same thing will happen at wherevr we locate  won't it...?

"Parking would be closer"/..Lets see the plans then...?

ohh there aren't any....

Theres nowt to substantiate anything you claim "might happen"

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Cars are vandalised around Hillsborough cos the vandals know that no bugger is going to be back to "The cars" before the game ends....same thing will happen at wherevr we locate  won't it...?

ohh there aren't any....

Thats right. Im summising. Isnt that what we do. Theres lots of other unsubtantiated testicles on here.

I will say i havent been to a stadium car park thats more than 10 mins away from the stadium. Have you?

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

ohh there aren't any....

Perhaps the vandals dont go the games, perhaps they just live near the ground. Would they travel away from the area just to vandalise stuff. Just a thought. You can think right?

15 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Getting to a new location may be easier. Parking would be closer, no tickets, vandalism would likely decrease. You havent mentioned the sale of the ground or how developing may be constrained by the actual site.

Kin ell, how much are crystal balls me owd...

Just now, billyblack said:

Perhaps the vandals dont go the games, perhaps they just live near the ground. Would they travel away from the area just to vandalise stuff. Just a thought. You can think right?

...Pickpockets travel to crowded places don't they, football grounds, racetracks...., The cars around hillsborough are not "simply vandalised" owt that can be taken, has been taken,, its happened to a mate twice in 3 years...So yea..they will travel...Sure I agree its all mainly supposition on both sides Billy

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

...Pickpockets travel to crowded places don't they, football grounds, racetracks...., The cars around hillsborough are not "simply vandalised" owt that can be taken, has been taken,, its happened to a mate twice in 3 years...So yea..they will travel...Sure I agree its all mainly supposition on both sides Billy

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Opportunists. They could just go to meadowhall instead

2 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Putting all other comparisons to one side, the redevelopment of Hillsborough discussed on this thread would be cheaper than buying new land and building a new stadium. This would be made by construction savings I have already mentioned.

Well if its cheaper then it must be the best option. The future will tell

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Opportunists. They could just go to meadowhall instead

Think about it...Someone car thief goes to Meadowhall...They have no idea how much shopping said car owner is doing...might be nippin' in for a loaf....

Football ground..He/She is going to leave their car and be away for maybe an hour and a half...

Wheres the biggest risk?

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Think about it...Someone car thief goes to Meadowhall...They have no idea how much shopping said car owner is doing...might be nippin' in for a loaf....

Football ground..He/She is going to leave their car and be away for maybe an hour and a half...

Wheres the biggest risk?

May be stewards in the car parks. Easier to monitor than random streets surrounding the area. Pretty certain i have seen security in stadium car parks

3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Hopefully before promotion as we need this infrastructure in place before we get promoted - and while the ground is never more than 2/3 full

Doubt we can do it all in 9 months mate.

3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Totally agree on the North but - what is it about the Kop that makes it 'a wonder of the footballing world'?? lol

I often wonder  why I sit in it. lol

Just now, billyblack said:

May be stewards in the car parks. Easier to monitor than random streets surrounding the area. Pretty certain i have seen security in stadium car parks

so EVERYONE parks in the stadium car park?

Where in the name of f.ook does trhat happen at football grounds Billy/

Just now, sw1867 said:

It happens nowhere asteener.

We have plenty of free on street parking around the ground. People can walk from their homes in plenty of areas. There are buses and trams directly back into the town centre.

How easy must it be to get to a football game?

We have vandalism on one road who I believe were caught at the last home game.

Thats because people read what they want to read and not the actual text

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

It happens nowhere asteener.

We have plenty of free on street parking around the ground. People can walk from their homes in plenty of areas. There are buses and trams directly back into the town centre.

How easy must it be to get to a football game?

We have vandalism on one road who I believe were caught at the last home game.

Thats good. No more vandalism then or thefts then

23 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Where did i say they would? Are you just reading other stuff? 

You didn't, nor did i state you did....you more or less said Stadium car parks would be safer...I mentioned EVERYONE couldn't park in a stadium car park...So the vandalism and theft would still be present.

I simply posed a question

5 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

If the Chairman really has got unlimited funds (as he suggests) he could do far worse than prepare us for the Prem with allowable stadium improvements now.  Infrastructure improvements make us a much more valuable asset - for when he sells us anyway.

Couldn't agree more. The time to come up with a plan and start the work is now. The lack of such forward thinking indicates to me that the plan is get promoted and sell up.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Don’t go talking sense, they’ve all got their fingers in their ears going “la, la, la, I can’t hear you”.

I am as sentimental as the rest as far as Hillsborough is concerned but we need facilities that generate substantial non-matchday revenues. We can’t continue accumulating debt associated with maintenance of outdated and failing infrastructure. 

Sometimes the head has to rule the heart. Sad but true.

Point is Simon with some imagination and investment it could all be done at Hillsborough, we genuinely don't need to move.

We do however need to get started on a complete redevelopment of both the West Stand and Kop (as in flatten them and start again) and later either a major revamp of the North Stand or again a total rebuild. As I and others have stressed time and time again obtaining the former Wednesdayite car park is a key element because it gives us a huge amount of space to provide multi-level carparking (probably sufficient for 1,000+ cars) with commercial and entertainment facilities as well.

I fear for the future of Hillsborough not through a genuine need to move, but a lack of commitment, imagination and being trendy in going for the new stadium.

• Like 1

Guest Grez Bez

I think we are all agreed that SOMETHING needs to be done right? We cannot stay at Hillsborough in its current state; it needs doing up or we need to move.