Bristol City - 2 years ago....

Guest addedtime

10 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Remember listening to radio in car about half 6 and Rob Staton saying man city game had been called off for heavy rain and it may come out way. Didn't think much of it really apart from bugger might get wet.

When it started raining at about 7 honestly thought game had no chance of going ahead.

We were in the Rawson Spring, the rain was astonishing. It was like a river ON TOP of the trams and we got soaked walking to the ground. At half time we wished it had been called off

3 hours ago, Stoop said:

It was a great night 

Me and my dad got in the stadium unusually early, then had a reyt laugh watching everyone come in p*ss wet through 

:manager:

Ha. 

I was the same. 

People coming in looking like they'd fallen in a swimming pool :duntmatter:

Without doubt one of my favourite nights at Hillsborough. Everything about it made it so memorable. The weather (I was one of the lucky ones that was in the ground before the downpour), the fact we were 2-0 and could have been out of it. The two red cards, the missed penalty, Bannan's goal and the last minute winner. As good a game of football as you will see.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fantastic game.

Tammy Abraham bullied Lees in the second half. Think Wallace came on at half time and changed the game. 

That's the thing about Wallace, could always do that - there's a few moments from him I won't forget

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

Ha. 

I was the same. 

People coming in looking like they'd fallen in a swimming pool :duntmatter:

I remember this old bloke in the South Stand bogs, he took his Wednesday shirt off and was wringing it out. I couldn't below the amount of water coming out of it, a mangle would've been ineffective  

Guest addedtime

Me and about ten other blokes were sheltering in Granvilles on Marlcliffe Road just after the heavens opened. I was in two minds but just decided to run down. Got wee wee wet through, but worth every drop.