If Mr Chansiri doesn’t re-act before transfer window closes

40 minutes ago, swfctc1 said:

I’m done , after nearly 49 years of going to Hillsborough, that’s a sad statement, but he is slowly killing this once great club . What is he doing !!!!! 

Ya know that sack ya have between ya legs,do us a favour and grab it,just to make sure its still there.

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Nope S2

Be clever all you want mate!! 

Just enquiring cos if you think the current mood around hillsborough is based on the open 3 fixtures then your very much mistaken!! 

The last 12-18 months have been a shambles that has lead to current situation that we find ourselves in. 

34 minutes ago, swfctc1 said:

But the apathy has never been this bad , we have fans that can’t even afford to watch our beloved team , it’s all wrong 

But the attendances are up over past 3 years under Chansiri. 

Not for much longer if things don't improve but they are up. 

49 years?? You must have seen far worse unless you've jumped ship before when goings got tough. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

All the pieces were in place when there was a 'save our owls' campaign in the 70's or when we were outside the courts less than a decade ago fighting off winding-up orders as we didn't have enough money to print the programmes or get the team to away games? 

No one is kidding themselves that everything is alright but some have short memories if they think it has never been worse.

Within my first sentence I said I know it's been worse. We're not all the same age either and a large number of the fan base would not have been around in the 70s.

38 minutes ago, swfctc1 said:

But the apathy has never been this bad , we have fans that can’t even afford to watch our beloved team , it’s all wrong 

I don't agree with or like the current pricing, but that's always been the case.  When I first started supporting us in the early 90's we couldn't afford to go very often.  

Attendances are as high as they were when we were in the Premier League so it's hard to say that it's hugely affected people going.

Just not bothered...

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Well, the OP best be ready to pack it in, because I'm pretty sure the money's run out and we'll be lucky to see any incomings at all

That said... I can't imagine 'packing it in' because the club (hypothetically at this stage) haven't bought anyone in. You're acting like it's a surprise this is the case... it's been ruddy obvious for weeks/months we've run dry of funds... 

Well Chansiri needs to go flock off then 

1 minute ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Within my first sentence I said I know it's been worse. We're not all the same age either and a large number of the fan base would not have been around in the 70s.

I did edit my post and apologise before you posted this. 

We are not all the same age but the OP was around in the 70's and most of us on here were around less than a decade or so when the club was in court, couldn't pay to print programmes or make proper professional arrangements for travel to some away games and the players had far less connection with the fans than some of the current team have now.

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

I don't agree with or like the current pricing, but that's always been the case.  When I first started supporting us in the early 90's we couldn't afford to go very often.  

Attendances are as high as they were when we were in the Premier League so it's hard to say that it's hugely affected people going.

Watch this space 

4 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Be clever all you want mate!! 

Just enquiring cos if you think the current mood around hillsborough is based on the open 3 fixtures then your very much mistaken!! 

The last 12-18 months have been a shambles that has lead to current situation that we find ourselves in. 

Yeah I can't wait for Eric McMordie to be signed so we can score 6 goals in 6 months...luxury...we used to Dreaaaaam of having a player like Fessi lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I did edit my post and apologise before you posted this. 

We are not all the same age but the OP was around in the 70's and most of us on here were around less than a decade or so when the club was in court, couldn't pay to print programmes or make proper professional arrangements for travel to some away games and the players had far less connection with the fans than some of the current team have now.

I heard thats why Gary Teale's Bentley got knackered. Put a lot of mileage on that

32 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He needs to bring in a very good championship centre half in. If we don’t, we could be in serious trouble.

We are in serious trouble. A new centre half will not fix it. I'm not convinced the manager knows how to motivate or direct a team.

He stays, we're in a relegation fight.

Definitely needs a few fresh faces, the first time in 19 years I don't feel that spark for saturday, I feel the same from people sat around me. It's just so negative hope something changes and we see a few smiles on faces around Hillsborough. 

2 minutes ago, Stokey said:

I heard thats why Gary Teale's Bentley got knackered. Put a lot of mileage on that

Could be, I heard he refused to travel in peasant-class on the train with the rest of the squad but wouldn't give anyone a lift either, reyt team spirit!

1 minute ago, Reeowls said:

Definitely needs a few fresh faces, the first time in 19 years I don't feel that spark for saturday, I feel the same from people sat around me. It's just so negative hope something changes and we see a few smiles on faces around Hillsborough. 

You felt more of a spark when Chris Turner guided us to the 2nd worst position in over 100 years of league football, or when we couldn't beat the likes of 9-man Yeovil under Irvine? 

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Oh dear oh dear...no more words needed!!! 

It's ok, not everyone can be like Oscar Wilde...mind you Your only power of reason is to put two and two together and come up with an answer that suits you. ( Sorry Oscar :laugh: )

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Could be, I heard he refused to travel in peasant-class on the train with the rest of the squad but wouldn't give anyone a lift either, reyt team spirit!

all joking a side that video of howard wilkinson patiently trying to explain how he and Nick Parker were trying to save us from being wound up beig constantly interrupted by some nobber kept banging on about Teale's sodding Bentley is one of the most embarrassing things I've seen following Wednesday. Add to that we had Alan Irvine managing us at the time and were getting humped 4-0 by the likes of Leyton Orient... yeah its bad right now but its still not that bad