If Mr Chansiri doesn’t re-act before transfer window closes

51 minutes ago, steelowl said:

if our 'punishment' is to only be able to sign on loan at no more than 10k per week it limits the choice somewhat 

We are limited anyway .I doubt we have an array of contacts in the football world.Derbys chairman is a shrewd man he brought harry redknapp in as an advisor and now has frank lampard as manager.Im sure he was using the lampard situation to bring in some quality loan players and redknapp must have a contacts list as long as your arm.We on the other hand seem to have nobody.

42 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

Bad times....that Bournemouth game was it...Bad memory here...some virus going around the team and about 3k in Hillsborough...like living through the Great Depression. UTO.

My mate went off for ages.. thought he'd gone for a pie...turned out he'd gone and bought a carpet whilst the game was on.

Could have been that one.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, swfctc1 said:

I’m done , after nearly 49 years of going to Hillsborough, that’s a sad statement, but he is slowly killing this once great club . What is he doing !!!!! 

This great club as had more bad seasons than good in the last 49 years why the drama now 

26 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Well, the OP best be ready to pack it in, because I'm pretty sure the money's run out and we'll be lucky to see any incomings at all

That said... I can't imagine 'packing it in' because the club (hypothetically at this stage) haven't bought anyone in. You're acting like it's a surprise this is the case... it's been ruddy obvious for weeks/months we've run dry of funds... 

What is wrong with some people?

A few days ago we were under a transfer embargo that we're told had been in place for months. The signs were there even last summer that we were tightening our belts in recognition of the crisis to come. Nothing obvious has changed since but that status has now been lifted. Clearly, whatever the solution was, the situation is still very tenuous. So where is the funding going to come from for any new arrivals and will it attract the interest of the EFL again? This is important, because if we have any chance of keeping the best of that large raft of players who are in the last year of their contracts, we have to be stay out of the embargo to make early offers to them.

I remain convinced that many are pathologically addicted to constant changes of managers and players.

19 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You felt more of a spark when Chris Turner guided us to the 2nd worst position in over 100 years of league football, or when we couldn't beat the likes of 9-man Yeovil under Irvine? 

That's all I needed I feel better already 

• Haha 2

I take peoples point that things have been worse before. I can see their point about the 70s (although slightly before my time) and winding up orders, Alan Irvines time but speaking personally all those times it still felt like my club.

At moment it doesnt, feel disconnected from it and never felt that way before.

Think thats partly down to way modern football is but partly to do with how the club is being run. Feels like its being run to fuel one blokes ego and expoliting fans loyalty at every turn.

Don’t want my fellow fans falling out , my post wasn’t a look at me !! It’s come from the heart , yes I’ve enjoyed the goods times , I’ve endured the sad times, think I’ve covered most grounds in the country following the owls , I’ve even travelled back on the team bus once when the team coach stopped to assist us ( love big jack ) been to away grounds on crutches , slept in cold deserted train stations because we thought we could squeeze another pint in lol. But sadly maybe because of age I think or until Chansiri comes to his senses I’m done , and believe me I’m not the only one . WAWAW 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Thinking that any (loan) signings in the next days will save us from the mess we are in is folly indeed.

If anyone can't stand us being crap then they may as well give up now, because the turning of the ship is going to take a good while yet.

Indeed. If people are freaking out about the implications of the Profit & Sustainability regulations on our squad and finances this summer, just wait until the next one. There may not be a wealth of fine detail in the public domain but enough information is out there to recognise that this is just the beginning.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I take peoples point that things have been worse before. I can see their point about the 70s (although slightly before my time) and winding up orders, Alan Irvines time but speaking personally all those times it still felt like my club.

At moment it doesnt, feel disconnected from it and never felt that way before.

Think thats partly down to way modern football is but partly to do with how the club is being run. Feels like its being run to fuel one blokes ego and expoliting fans loyalty at every turn.

Of course but every club has to deal with that...I'm sure that many Citeh supporters didn't want foreign owners and felt not part of the club...however that's modern football and you need to be part of it...I'm just waiting for a leader to make us part of it throughout the club...commerce, football communications everything. We can't do it overnight though so ne need to beat ourselves p about this.

40 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Ya know that sack ya have between ya legs,do us a favour and grab it,just to make sure its still there.

That space between your ears !!! oh yes it’s still empty !! When I want the toilet to speak I’ll pull the chain  pal 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Of course but every club has to deal with that...I'm sure that many Citeh supporters didn't want foreign owners and felt not part of the club...however that's modern football and you need to be part of it...I'm just waiting for a leader to make us part of it throughout the club...commerce, football communications everything. We can't do it overnight though so ne need to beat ourselves p about this.

Think even taken into account the modern football effect Wednesday are making fans feel disconnected from them.

Chansiri took over not far off 4 years ago now and the club is way behind on all levels where it should be after that time.

Remember he didnt take over from a club in a mess. Took over from a club on solid foundations if a bit underfunded.