If Mr Chansiri doesn’t re-act before transfer window closes

2 hours ago, swfctc1 said:

I’m done , after nearly 49 years of going to Hillsborough, that’s a sad statement, but he is slowly killing this once great club . What is he doing !!!!! 

Slowly, you are joking aren't you, he is running the club into the ground at a rapid rate.

3 season from being in an excellent position to being financially fizzed and he still hasn't got a clue what he is doing.

6 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

He won't have a clue while surrounded with people who know fk all about football 

Be fans fault again on Friday at the meeting 

This sums up his level of incompetence. If he doesn't know what he is doing why throw millions and millions of pounds down the bottom.

If he has been badly advised than why the fizz has he not woke up to this and sought the advice.of good football people.

The man screams clueless and I for one can't wait for him to sell up, I just hope we still have a club to sell.

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You guys are saying that like it doesn't happen

Yet at the same time we have fans asking where all the fans have gone

Simple fact is that some fans DO end up walking away for a myriad of reasons whether that be lifestyle changes, economic changes or they can't afford it anymore, their circumstances change, or they just fade away and lose interest - 

That's a fact

My uncle - one prime example - used to have a season ticket on the North for years and years and years. Full time hardcore fan. Ended up getting totally cheesed off with it and didn't renew his season ticket a while back, then missed a couple of games, then a few more. Ended up not going at all now

You guys are hardcore supporters but repeatedly fail to recognise that's what you are and others aren't like you and have different levels of interest, reasoning or logic for going or not.

Of course it happens. Do I enjoy the circus and rip off prices around football , no not as much as I did decades ago. Football supporters are just customers now whatever our feelings and passions for our club, we would naive to believe that we are the main priority in the game anymore. Look at the recent assessment that all premier clubs could play in front of empty stadiums and still make a profit . The game has sold its soul and we are its victims, still blindly follow your club but there is a real bitter taste in the mouth and its been there for years.

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Simple fact is that some fans DO end up walking away for a myriad of reasons whether that be lifestyle changes, economic changes or they can't afford it anymore, their circumstances change, or they just fade away and lose interest - 

That's a fact

My uncle - one prime example - used to have a season ticket on the North for years and years and years. Full time hardcore fan. Ended up getting totally cheesed off with it and didn't renew his season ticket a while back, then missed a couple of games, then a few more. Ended up not going at all now

You guys are hardcore supporters but repeatedly fail to recognise that's what you are and others aren't like you and have different levels of interest, reasoning or logic for going or not.

Good point

I have had shareholder and season tickets on the South for at least 15 years, but the 2 seasons before DC bought us and before this season I did consider not renewing and luckily for me its never going to be a money thing, the standard of football and passion of the players (at what ever level we are at) is what does it for me.

If you break it down the whole point of watching football is to see your team score goals - that's where the euphoria comes from.

Every season I still renew but I can see if I didn't and decided to pay on the gate, if we were playing like we have been for the last season or so, I may start missing the odd game and then that easily turns to missing more games if the teams not performing and eventually you lose the habit.

15 hours ago, 1963owl said:

i know we are in the shiit mate but weve been deeper in it than this

You see this is why I think people are too happy to accept s#it and yeah whilst I think you are right about being in deeper before especially under DA why the hell should we accept whats going on now?

Chansiri has had it all his way so far, he had called all the shots lots of unfavourable ones and what has he actually achieved since hes been here ...absolutely nothing and we dont even know if its him or another silent partner or group that are sanctioning the buying and selling, we are all in the dark from top to bottom at this club I make a list.

We all expected great things from this guy but truth be told its heartbreaking watching Wednesday now under him because the main issue is he just doesnt want any advice from decent reliable people on how to run a football club and then when he does appoint someone he gets a woman with a horrendous record on how to communicate with her customers, sorry fans.

He either needs to shape up and swallow some humble pie or just sell up to someone who can walk the walk.

Totally understand where the OP is, I feel the same even if were financially worse off in past times.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Can't remember the game... but I was layed out on the kop reading a (borrowed) programme.

I read it front to back.. then back to front.

In the second half I did the same but upside down...it takes ages that.

Then I lined the top of it up with the roof of the west and lowered it row by row...... counting.

It might have been Peterborough..it was all a bloody dream...

Things have been worse...and you know it.

0-0 verse forest 2001ish...spent all game chatting with my mate id not seen in a while and had no idea what happened on the pitch

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

0-0 verse forest 2001ish...spent all game chatting with my mate id not seen in a while and had no idea what happened on the pitch

You been talking with Barry Bannan !!! He has the same problem 

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's a fact

Good post.

Personally for me I feel more disconnected from the club than I ever have. People can say we've had it worse, be grateful for where we are etc. But even when we were on the brink of administration and outside the high court steps, something still pulled me in. Maybe it was the classic stripes? Maybe it was the badge I grew up with my entire life? Maybe it was the fact I knew we had no money and didn't expect us to go out and challenge every year, Perhaps it was, for all their flaws, we had exciting unpredictable and passionate players like JJ, Sibon, Reda, Semedo, Bullen who for their limited ability would always give you something to be excited about.

Looking at us now, I see a squad low on morale and commitment. I see that money has been wasted, I see the club setting a high expectation and not delivering. I see fans, including myself, being priced out of going. I see our badge change, I see our kit change,  I see a gold elephant outside the south stand, I see our chairmans name plastered across the shirt and the north stand. 

All for what? A day out at Wembley where we lost? Maybe I'm being ungrateful, but I don't see a lot to be grateful about. That first season under Carlos was a joy, fair enough. Since then it's been poor and frustrating. Even that second season the football was dog turd. Yet the chairman keeps coming out and saying this is the best Wednesday we've seen in 20 years. 

I don't know. It doesn't feel like it for me. Maybe it's to do with getting older and finding new interests. Maybe I'm falling out of love with the modern game with all the money, tv appearances and constant analysis being shoved down our throats on social media. But for me the spark is no longer there. The passion has died a bit. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

27 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Mandy always said that he'd only sell when he found the right buyer ...

this 'right buyer' was covered in the removed thread when the boardroom was shut down 

pleased and relieved that MM turned us around and left on a fairly sound footing 

but don't ever be fooled - he tried to sell us to some proper 'characters' and in fact did, but thankfully it fell through 

Mr Chansiri is just misguided and a fish out of water here, personality, experience and culture wise