ooooohhhh...

It is no secret whatsoever that Mr C was aware of the financial situation, knew the current level of loss was not sustainable, and was seeking further investment. There was a note to this effect in the last accounts.

So IF there are talks ongoing it should be no surprise whatsoever.

What has always confused me though is that we were originally told we'd been bought by Thai Union Foods, the story then changed to having been bought by a consortium led by Mr C, and finally the sale was downgraded again. Just Mr C spending his own dosh, and his wife's housekeeping money / kids' inheritance.

I've always wondered what the full story was.

Any possibility he might know someone willing to help out with a few bob after a scouting mission?

Edited by theowlsman

15 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Correct me if I am wrong....

But if a new investor comes in, wipes out our debt.....we are back to £0 debt. 

We start again!

lol

I suspect DC will still be the main share holder. 

You're wrong, I'm afraid.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't think they questioned that as much as they questioned Carlos going batshit crazy, screwing £20 notes up and losing every game of football he was managing (even going a month without a shot on goal which is quite some record)

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No...but we should have taken note of his attitude towards criticism of him in the original appointment. He was hurt. He is very  sensitive to any criticism directed at him. In my view he has had enough and would gladly hand over the reigns to somebody else..He has run his race .and missed the boat to the promised land.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

In the normal world of business, if a debt is written off on the balance sheet, there is an equal and opposite credit to the P&L account, as the “net asset” level will have increased. In the specific case of FFP, I can’t answer whether this treatment is allowed...

14 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

No mate. They haven't got back to me yet after supplying all the details.

Unlucky mate.  

I managed to get the footage going somehow, they rejected both my dutch and german ip addresses but got a norwegian one working in the end. :CEO:

Hopefully you get the subscription sorted out before hull.  I would suggest saving your email login with the password on the official site.  Seems to do the job for me.

• Like 1