Van Aken

Pudil

Reach

Pelupessy

Bannan

Joao

Nuhiu

Forestieri

Basically the side that started against Norwich except Venancio and Loovens are gone so Lees and Van Aken come in plus I think Westwood is currently the better keeper

Edited by Sultan_Pepper

GK - Wildsmith 

LWB - Boyd.

LCB - Pudil

CB - Lees
RCB - Hutchinson

RWB - Palmer

LCM - Reach

Attacking CM - Forestieri

RCM - Bannan

FW - Nuhiu 

FW - Joao

Either win 3-0 or we lose 3-0.

I can't make the decision to leave out FF or Joao.  

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

That’s it now.

Apart from The Mystery of the Secret Goalkeeper, we know now who is fit, who will still be here on Saturday. 

No equivocation guys. What is YOUR pick for Saturday? YOUR formation? Not who you think Jos will pick.

Mine...

The Secret Keeper

Hutchinson Lees Pudil

Boyd Joey Bannan Reach

Joao Nuhiu Forestieri

Thats easily good enough to beat Wigan away, and it’s one match at a time. 

This but Palmer at RWB he's going to miraculously transform into Kieran Trippier

8 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

I think his team will be

Keeper

Palmer Lees JVA Thorniley Boyd

Hutch Joey Bannan

Nuhiu FF

This scares me

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Think we all will. 

But... There's that little bit of me that's always thinking "He's a brilliant  attacker... but not a striker"

7 hours ago, Walt said:

Yet despite the overwhelming evidence that FF plays his best stuff on the left our fans want to put him in a front two or in the free role behind, where in both positions he has been at best average.

He's a nightmare to mark on the left as he wanders infield with or without the ball, he's far easier to pick up / bully when he's central. He hasn't hit it off (for us) with any strike partner he's played with when up front in a two. It really is basic stuff. That said I fully expect Jos to play him in a two alongside Nuhiu!

5 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

GK - Wildsmith 

LWB - Boyd.

LCB - Pudil

CB - Lees
RCB - Hutchinson

RWB - Palmer

LCM - Reach

Attacking CM - Forestieri

RCM - Bannan

FW - Nuhiu 

FW - Joao

Either win 3-0 or we lose 3-0.

I can't make the decision to leave out FF or Joao.  

Once you accept that 343 suits every key player everything slots neatly into a balanced team. I think most fans know a two up top which includes FF doesn’t work, but understandably can’t leave him out of any line-up.

Do we really need 5 across the middle against Wigan, Millwall, Hull, Brentford or Ipswich?

Im hoping we see that Jos has spent the Summer looking at those Plan Bs and Plan Cs we read about so much on here, before going back to how he ended the season, largely in a balanced 343.

We need to get a very strong points total from our first 5 games and I hope we don’t spend them working out that FF in a 2 up top leaves us toothless and pushes us too deep.

Add a few interesting details to the pot...

In our final 9 games we scored 20.

8 - FF, LJ, AN on the field

8 - LJ and AN in tandem

3 - FF and JR in tandem ( Hull and Reading)

1 - FF, AN and MM on the field

I think it’s really interesting that several of us would drop Joao or Nuhiu, with whom we scored 16 in 7 games during that successful run.

Had the Norwich game been last Saturday rather than 10 weeks ago not sure many would be leaving Nuhiu or Joao out. They deserve to pick up where they left off.

14 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Westwood

Hutchinson

Lees

van Aken

Palmer

Bannan

Pelupessy

Reach

Pudil

Forestieri

Joao

Despite the set up there, I expect us to be more of a back 5, hence Pudil out on the left wing back position.

Westwoood

Hutchinson

Lees

Pudil

Boyd (Wing Back)

Pelupessy

Bannan

Reach (Wing Back)

Forestieri (Free Role)

Joao

Fletcher

Go at them from the off in a hybrid 5-3-2,

3-4-3.

Give them a welcome back to the championship roasting and get rid of the cloud of negativity brought about by our inept chairman and his advisors,

But I fear we will go out there, sit back, fans will get tetchy (rightly so) and it will be Preston all over again.

• Like 1

Some simple issues which I reckon Jos must follow 

Lees cannot play right hand side of a 3 at the back, not mobile enough nor comfortable enough on the ball

JVA cannot play in the middle of the 3. He is too one sided. Panics when the ball arrives on his right hand side

You cannot play a left footed player on the right hand side of a back 3.

Don’t see any option but Palmer at wing back

Playing Hutch as an attacking midfielder like he did against Villarreal is an interesting concept 

Playing FF and Nuhiu as a front two is bonkers as it negates the positive aspects of both of them

Joao has to play 

Needs to decide where he is going to play Reach and give the  lad a chance to have a settled position.

Dawson

Hutchinson Lees Pudil

Baker        Bannan  Pelupessy         Reach

FF

Joao    Nuhui

You can then ring changes on this eg we have Van Aken or one of the younger centre backs; Fletcher coming back gives us options; Matias in the front three; Boyd for Reach; Palmer for Baker etc. I don't feel strongly about names, except Hutch when fit is as food a CB as anyone in this league.

That's a decent line up with enough cover to allow different individual options. And one which would be fun to watch. The main worry is lack of midfield alternatives. Kirby and Hunt? 

Sadly, I worry that he will play Hutch in midfield, and two or only one up front, both of which would on their own be bad decisions; taken together will be really disappointing

Westwood      

Palmer   Lees   Pudil   Reach

Hutch   Pelupessy    

Joao   Bannan   Forrestieri  

Nuhui

Keeper of your choice?

Hutchinson RCB

Lees. CB

Pudil  LCB

Boyd RWB

BannanCM

Pelupessy CM

Reach LWB

Forestieri (Free role behind front two)

Fletcher

Joao 

When we are 2-0 down after 15 mins scrap this idea and bring on the young ‘uns. It’s just what Didwell Wilson would have done!:duntmatter:

16 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Same for me.

Which means we've agreed on something more times this week, than the whole of last season.

:Pelupessy:

Me too.

i like the look of @Holmowl ‘s team. Only question mark would be whether to go with Palmer or even Baker at RWB. But I think Boyd is potentially the more attacking choice.

Here’s what we fans have gone for so far in some of the key areas:-

Pick 3 forwards or 2

• 40 playing 3 forwards
  • 14 playing 2 forwards, dropping Atdhe or Joao.

Hutchinson role

• 31 Defence 
  • 19 midfield or in front of back 3.
  • 5 not to start

Defence

•  28 picked a Hutch-Lees-Pudil back 3
  • 28 picked an array of different back 3s and back 4s.

18 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Westwood

Reach--O'Grady--Lees--Pudil--Boyd

Hutchinson--Bannan

Forestieri

Joao--Fletcher

Subs -

Dawson

Baker

van Aken

Pelupessy

Nuhiu

Borukov

Matias

You watch a lot of O’Grady is he good enough to fill the RCB void Venancio left ?

5 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Some simple issues which I reckon Jos must follow 

Lees cannot play right hand side of a 3 at the back, not mobile enough nor comfortable enough on the ball

JVA cannot play in the middle of the 3. He is too one sided. Panics when the ball arrives on his right hand side

You cannot play a left footed player on the right hand side of a back 3.

Don’t see any option but Palmer at wing back

Playing Hutch as an attacking midfielder like he did against Villarreal is an interesting concept 

Playing FF and Nuhiu as a front two is bonkers as it negates the positive aspects of both of them

Joao has to play 

Needs to decide where he is going to play Reach and give the  lad a chance to have a settled position.

Agree with a lot of this but.....

Baker has to play instead of Palmer.

I would play Pudil on the right of a back 3. He is good enough on the ball to do it. We have no one else and that option is better than Lee.

Rest I agree with