Important warning for anyone driving to #SWFC games

14 hours ago, owler66 said:

There are some roads of Holme lane if they parked properly nobody would be able to drive down them, wait until someone there gets done for parking on the pavement and they all park on the road and nobody can get passed good luck with that one SCC

without reading all the thread to see if I'm repeating someone's post - this is the crux of the matter 

No one goes up on a kerb to be difficult it's more to keep the road passable and to avoid damage 

This camera car seems a cash cow 'you'll never know you've been done' -smirk 

After years of pushing a wheelchair around I fully understand the clear pavement factor.

The simple fact is the roads are too narrow they were never built with today's car ownership in mind. This is the reason I ever considered moving because the stadium surrounding areas are not fit for modern access

possible answers   

Convert Hillsborough park into a bigger matchday car park

develop better public transport access around the ground - park and ride in N/S/E/W directions

Worst case Move from Hillsborough when poss

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

Imagine the chaos and shouts of discrimination if they targeted wolsey road.

One rule for one..... Etc.

Not just there-Methodist church near us are just as bad. Parking sinners should burn in eternal fires of hell. Our lass managed to trash the alloys on her new car Sunday cos she had to swerve to avoid an oncoming car which was avoiding a parked car. God botherers hear this-if you find your wing mirrors hanging off after church then don’t park there in future! 

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Not just there-Methodist church near us are just as bad. Parking sinners should burn in eternal fires of hell. Our lass managed to trash the alloys on her new car Sunday cos she had to swerve to avoid an oncoming car which was avoiding a parked car. God botherers hear this-if you find your wing mirrors hanging off after church then don’t park there in future! 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Is it a bit early for parking tickets to have arrived through the post?

From the absence of any posts, I assume nobody got a ticket left on the windscreen.

As seems to happen at the start of every season, my regular spot was busier than normal on Saturday. Every season, I either have to arrive earlier, or park further away: I'll soon be parking at Meadowhall. (I wouldn't mind if there was a decent tram service).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

From the absence of any posts, I assume nobody got a ticket left on the windscreen.

As seems to happen at the start of every season, my regular spot was busier than normal on Saturday. Every season, I either have to arrive earlier, or park further away: I'll soon be parking at Meadowhall. (I wouldn't mind if there was a decent tram service).

I'm a believer in lateral thinking.

Dash into the players car park wearing your semedo mask.

Carry one of those silly wash bags and rush to your seat.

• Haha 2

On 24/07/2018 at 06:31, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Dear Sheffield Council. Appreciate you are a bunch of left wing maggots. Are you intending to use this anywhere other than football matches? Why not trial it along Wolsey road where the users of a certain religous establishment regularly double park illegally on double yellow lined areas. That’s right, not one, cars each side of the road in those areas. Surely such blatant p@ss taking which causes significant traffic to form could be captured from the relative safety of a passing parking car? Bet the Council have specific no-go areas not to upset anyone other than the cash cow that is football fans. Be a good FOI request; please provide information on what routes your automated parking infringement car has taken whilst in service. 

Brilliant post and absolutely spot on.  So annoying to see them smirking and bragging about people not knowing theyve been fined until they get up in the morning to do an honest days work and find their days pay has been taken by the council.

No-one is saying that cars blocking peoples drives or parked dangerously should not be penalised but nearly all football fans are reasonable and spend a lot of money in the local economy. They should be encouraged not made criminals. And just to rub it in, Wednesday fans have been targeted specifically in the past by wardens and I suggest they will be targeted by this, when others are deliberately left alone. Disgraceful.

• Thanks 1

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 12:28, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

If there was room for her to swerve in to why didn't she get in to that space earlier thus negating the need to swerve.....sounds like not looking past the end of the bonnet to me

On 13/08/2018 at 20:12, Tamworthowl said:

I parked at tesco at top of herries road and walked down.  

Plenty of spaceslol

On 13/08/2018 at 20:12, Tamworthowl said:

I drove up parkside rd when we played Villareal ,and they were ticketing every car parked on the verge by the cafe/bar . 

9 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

The lower tier of Tinsley viaduct is down to one lane, northbound only, for 13 weeks! Traffic being sent up the central service road, between the normal lanes.

Tremendous.

Be a bit awkward for parking then ? 

• Haha 1