How do you rate the new kit overall?

How do you rate the new kit overall?  

510 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the new kit overall (out of 10)

4 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Sheffield Star laying into Owls in the Park and the kit for no other reason than the pigs have sold Brooks to Bournemouth.

Seen the posts from em on our twitter page of owls in park, obsessed or maybe bored because they don't or can't do an event like this.

A 7 from me.  I am so pleased that we have stripes back, and this is a huge improvement on the previous two horrific efforts.

Negatives for me are that it is not striped on the back and the sleeves, and I am not keen on the socks.  And finally I just can't come to terms with the badge, I hate it, I had hoped I would grow to like it but I just can't.  I hate it so much that I won't buy anything with it on.  This really upsets my kids as I won't buy them shirts any more, especially now the 2015/16 shirts are too small for them.

15 minutes ago, HirstIsGod said:

A 7 from me.  I am so pleased that we have stripes back, and this is a huge improvement on the previous two horrific efforts.

Negatives for me are that it is not striped on the back and the sleeves, and I am not keen on the socks.  And finally I just can't come to terms with the badge, I hate it, I had hoped I would grow to like it but I just can't.  I hate it so much that I won't buy anything with it on.  This really upsets my kids as I won't buy them shirts any more, especially now the 2015/16 shirts are too small for them.

Couldn't agree more about the badge - it's hideous. I too refuse to buy anything with the badge on.

For me, it's a 5/10 kit. Loses points for not being striped on the back, the socks, the gold lettering... but mostly it loses points because of the badge.

11 hours ago, HirstIsGod said:

So you're refusing to buy your kids a shirt and as a result, you upset them, because of a badge? Jesus. Just buy them a shirt mate. You don't have to get one.

Edited by stabbo

So. We have loads of supporters who a)Don't like the badge, despite that its more close to the original than a schoolboy squiggle b) Its got stripes on the front but not the back., forgetting that we originally played in hoops c)it has a relatively small sponsor name, not a great big advert for Furmiture polilsh, an American car giant , a foreign airline  or some such thing , and d) because the club's owner has jhis name across the front, rather tastfully imo lined in gold . 

I don't like the idea of ANY sponsorship on te front, but if I had a firm who was prepared to pour money doown the drain, I would certainly like my name on it.  How many people go around paying good money for giving the makers FREE advertising in the way that Nike, Lacostte, Puma , addidas and many others do, so why not elev8?

When I first started watching Wednesday manmy, many years ago, you felt proud if you had a ble and white scarf that your Mum had made.!

Another point that has been conveniently overlooked. There is a choice of  shirts - one wihich the players will wear during matches, and I know my match shirt used to get filthy and sweaty, and a cheaper version that shows off the lub colours but will be much more suitable for sitting/standing on a cold Kop on awetTuesday evening in December.

Has anyone tried to buy a cheap but reasonably priced summer shirt these days. You will pay a MINIMUM of £25  to get one from Matalan etc..

And don't forget - you have the option of saying 'No thanks'. 

Given this a solid 8.brill to look like wednesday again.not too keen on elev8 on the socks but hey i wont be wearing em and from my seat on the kop i'll just see stripes,black shorts and blue socks.feelgood factor back for new season,bring it on! UTO

29 minutes ago, hacky blue said:

Given this a solid 8.brill to look like wednesday again.not too keen on elev8 on the socks but hey i wont be wearing em and from my seat on the kop i'll just see stripes,black shorts and blue socks.feelgood factor back for new season,bring it on! UTO

Hackenthorpe fella eh ?

Me too,for thirty years before moving on.

Edited by DELUDED OWL

3 minutes ago, hacky blue said:

Yeah born there moved away then moved back.used to be a blades area in the main but grew in a strictly owls family apart from one who recently married in!there allways one eh haha

Never noticed that blades thing when i was younger/growing up there,you got a few years on ya back or still relatively young...............20's/30's ?

Haha i wish pal.51ont outside 20s in the mind!can just about remember last seasons kit first time round but was too young to be bothered about it but can remember the silence when i asked me dad about it!whereabouts you living now mate?

1 minute ago, hacky blue said:

Haha i wish pal.51ont outside 20s in the mind!can just about remember last seasons kit first time round but was too young to be bothered about it but can remember the silence when i asked me dad about it!whereabouts you living now mate?

You've got 2 years on me,am now a resident of Handsworth fella,you've got to have knocked the froth of  a few at Bell,Sportsman,Hogshead even Golden Plover maybe.