How do you rate the new kit overall?

How do you rate the new kit overall?  

510 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the new kit overall (out of 10)

49 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

8/10 

Two points off

1 for no back stripes. 

1 for black collar and sock turnover.

However. 

I'm delighted overall. 

Considering the abominations of the recent past its a monumental step in the right direction.  

Concur on all aspects

• Thanks 1

Guest Grez Bez
2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

7/10.

We have some level of stripes, it’s the right colour blue and we have black shorts.

Negatives are that there are no stripes on the back or sleeves, white stripes are narrow on the front and we have a large white stripe on the side and the collar doesn’t look great.

Its a step in the right direction and we will look like a Wednesday team next season. 

Exactly this!

To say im not a huge stripes fan anyway - I am pleasantly surprised and gave it a 9!

Like the blue / black / gold - each item is the right colour.

Nothings overly fussy - in fact from a design point of view it all balances very well,

I like the plain blue arms but would have think it would have been sensible to have the stripes on the back as well.

If it had that and had been Nike / Puma / Adidas - I may even have stretched to a 10.

Needs stripes on the back and sleeves

Collar needs sorting

Badge should be the same shade as the blue stripes

Not really bothered about the socks but they could do with a more minimalist logo. Maybe just the "8" instead of "Elev8".

The perfect kit:

• Simple crew neck collar
  • Stripes from the 15/16 season but with the colours reversed (so a blue centre stripe instead of white)
  • Black shorts
  • Hooped socks from the 17/18 season
  • Gold sponsor from this kit (preferably no sponsor)
  • Badge the same shade as the blue stripes

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Woozie

I'm giving it a 9 now.  I like the strips, also like the solid blue on the back (looks better for names/numbers).

To be really picky given I'm rating the whole kit I'd prefer the socks didn't have elev8 on the front.  Would look nicer with SWFC.

May change my mind and give the kit a 10 when worn by my son tomorrow

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

8/10 

Two points off

1 for no back stripes. 

1 for black collar and sock turnover.

However. 

I'm delighted overall. 

Considering the abominations of the recent past its a monumental step in the right direction.  

This ^

I think that's a fair assessment. It is our best home kit in quite a while. It's not perfect because of the back and the collar but the stripes are back and the black trim and shorts look class. For me it's around a 8 or 7 out of 10, as I think it's one of our nicest home kits since being in the top flight. It reminds me of some of our kits we had in the late 90s and early 90s, which is a good thing for me as I started supporting Wednesday in the late 80s/early 90s and it as the recognisable look of a Wednesday kit from my younger years.

3 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

7 for me. Wish the stripes were down the back and sleeves. Plus a proper collar. That would make it a 10. 

^ This

Also wondered why the shorts looked more like navy blue on most of those pics

... but the description says 'black' so maybe it's just down to photo quality, lighting etc