Match day parking near the ground

Does anyone know of any parking facilities near the stadium on match day. 

My elderly father is not good with walking anymore, so we need to park somewhere close by. 

He's not registered disabled so the club can't help. 

Any info, numbers etc would be much appreciated, 

thanks UTO!

Yeah I always park in the Wednesdayite car park, just across from the megastore, mainly coming from Manchester im always running late lol

You will have to wait to see if it will be open next season because the land is leased and no one knows whether it will be built on or not, as has been the way for the past 2 seasons

• Thanks 1

Guest mkowl

Plenty of others opened up on the link road between Herries Road and Law Bros. Road which the old bus garage was on. Seems to be  a fiver was the going rate

Just now, mkowl said:

Plenty of others opened up on the link road between Herries Road and Law Bros. Road which the old bus garage was on. Seems to be  a fiver was the going rate

Funnily enough that road is called Herries Road.

Guest mkowl
Just now, Sham67 said:

Funnily enough that road is called Herries Road.

Isn't it Herries Road South or summat

Parking in the training ground car park is a steady walk down. Free, and as long as you get there around 130pm, no issues. Surprised the club haven't either clamped down on it, or started charging. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Isn't it Herries Road South or summat

No, Herries Road South is the road that goes straight down from the Five Arches to Penistone Road.  Herries Road itself veers right to meet up with Leppings Lane.  I think HRS was a later addition.

Edited by Sham67
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

No, Herries Road South is the road that goes straight down from the Five Arches to Penistone Road.  Herries Road itself veers right to meet up with Leppings Lane.  I think HRS was a later addition.

HRS will have been a later addition but must have been many many years ago, it was there when I started going in late 1960s.

My guess is August 1952 lol

3 hours ago, vulva said:

Parking in the training ground car park is a steady walk down. Free, and as long as you get there around 130pm, no issues. Surprised the club haven't either clamped down on it, or started charging. 

FFS. Keep yer gob shut!!!!! 

You are the reason I sometimes can't get parked. When we have to pay next season you can pay for everyone with your daft suggestions. 

Vulva by name, daft Vulva by nature!!

:carlos:

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

FFS. Keep yer gob shut!!!!! 

You are the reason I sometimes can't get parked. When we have to pay next season you can pay for everyone with your daft suggestions. 

Vulva by name, daft Vulva by nature!!

:carlos:

Odd place to park if you're coming from Stannington. 

Anyway, head up.