Match day parking near the ground

Guest Ash76
2 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Lazy sod.

Its not what I do just thought it’d be good for the OP considering his fathers mobility issues 

Guest Maxine
6 hours ago, vulva said:

Parking in the training ground car park is a steady walk down. Free, and as long as you get there around 130pm, no issues. Surprised the club haven't either clamped down on it, or started charging. 

I didn't know this. 

Edited by Maxine

11 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Is parking still available opposite the south stand in that school ? I used to get permits a few seasons back .  Awesome spot 1 minute from the ground sorted . 

I don't think so ….saw it was empty earlier this year and mentioned to my mate they could make a few quid parking cars there .

Building and Paving supplies car park. Easy to get in ......just takes ages to get away.

I drop my very immobile and registered disabled 85 year old father at the Herries Road/ Rawson Spring road corner while I park.

He hobbles to the Herries Road/ Penistone Road Corner and sits on the wall until I get there and we head to ........you guessed it...The South Stand.

I do think the club could make better provision for guys like my Dad who have supported the team all their lives. Just a dropping off point where all those expensive Range Rovers and Bentley's are parked would help.....and I would be driving not my Dad so they would not have to worry about the scraped paintwork!!!!!   

Just drop him at the Wednesday Tap when it opens and park up wherever you like and walk down to him. Just make sure he's got you a couple lined up for when you get there. Then just do the same in reverse. Win-win IMO.

• Like 1

Car at home walk to Hillsborough from Stannington, have a few beers at one or two of the pubs on the way, into the match, drinks after to celebrate the win, commiserate the loss - job done. Then picked up or bus back to Stannington it not a nice walking back up the hill.garymegson 

5 hours ago, torryowl said:

I don't think so ….saw it was empty earlier this year and mentioned to my mate they could make a few quid parking cars there .

Shame that , it’s well placed and can hold quite a few cars . I’m sure it wasn’t cheap though .

7 hours ago, Owl in Nottingham said:

Building and Paving supplies car park. Easy to get in ......just takes ages to get away.

I drop my very immobile and registered disabled 85 year old father at the Herries Road/ Rawson Spring road corner while I park.

He hobbles to the Herries Road/ Penistone Road Corner and sits on the wall until I get there and we head to ........you guessed it...The South Stand.

I do think the club could make better provision for guys like my Dad who have supported the team all their lives. Just a dropping off point where all those expensive Range Rovers and Bentley's are parked would help.....and I would be driving not my Dad so they would not have to worry about the scraped paintwork!!!!!   

A safe legal drop off point is a great idea. When I take my Dad my usual tactic is to get there early drop him  somewhere on Penistone road and then go and park the car. 

6 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Really don’t they park down the side of the kop anymore ? 

saw a rather nice Bentley with the number plate  13oyd parked behind the south stand for the Norwich game so think they park in there these days 

• Like 1