Sheffield Wednesday in Championship income/losses league table

28 minutes ago, room0035 said:

They get 4 years of not caring about FFP parachute payments now last 4 years this is the complete joke of the whole system.

Parachute payments are now 3 years, not 4 and are in fact only for 2 years if the club only spends a single season in the EPL.

5 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Remember its over 3 years. 1 of those they were in the premier league. So as long as they made a decent profit that year they might be ok. We need to see the full three year picture to know for sure. But I kinda hope they are well out of it. 

Also if you have been in the premier leauge in that 3 year period you get a lot more that you can lose through FFP aswell.

16 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Neither of these clubs had parachute payments for the season listed did they? They were both relegated in the 12/13 season, and I was under the impression parachute payments last for three years... meaning their final season of them would have been in 15/16. Or am I talking out my bum? :biggrin:

Sort of. QPR were last relegated from the Premier League in 14/15, so would’ve been on their 2nd year of parachutes. Reading’s income is a surprise though. It’s not as if they get huge crowds or anything. 

17 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

Sort of. QPR were last relegated from the Premier League in 14/15, so would’ve been on their 2nd year of parachutes. Reading’s income is a surprise though. It’s not as if they get huge crowds or anything. 

Reading were in there final year of parachute payments.

7 teams had parachute payments that season. Newcastle, Villa, Norwich, QPR, Fulham, QPR, Cardiff, Reading and Wigan to varying degrees. The first 3 got over £40m, QPR 31m and the rest £16m that season. Fulham and Norwich have lost theirs now. QPR have 1 more season.

Norwich had a wage bill of £55m that season, 2nd highest in history.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BHA83 said:

Reading had 'media revenue' of £20.9m in 16/17, up £6.8m on the year before. Can't find out what that is exactly. £4.9m commercial revenue and just under £10m matchday income.

Our income is not broken down in the same way but we have around £17m matchday and associated income plus just under £7m commercial revenue.

2 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Reading had 'media revenue' of £20.9m in 16/17, up £6.8m on the year before. Can't find out what that is exactly. £4.9m commercial revenue and just under £10m matchday income.

Our income is not broken down in the same way but we have around £17m matchday and associated income plus just under £7m commercial revenue.

To quote my own quote, as said by pazowl before, Reading were in last year of parachute payments and look to have received around £12-£14m

25 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

True, but for a team relegated in 12/13, their final year will have ‘only’ been 8m, so it’s still a surprise to see them on income comparable with QPR, who will have received around £20m for their 2nd year of parachute payments.  

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Reading income must have been genarated by player sales.They do let out stadiumfor corpoarte events but that income seems high even for that.

1 hour ago, londonowl said:

To quote my own quote, as said by pazowl before, Reading were in last year of parachute payments and look to have received around £12-£14m

I was gonna say, how the hell does a club the size of Reading create that much revenue lol . I expected our income to be higher than it is on there. What are we doing wrong, is it because we have a SH iTE 'mega store' :duntmatter:

Edited by Sticky belly

1 hour ago, Sticky belly said:

I was gonna say, how the hell does a club the size of Reading create that much revenue lol . I expected our income to be higher than it is on there. What are we doing wrong, is it because we have a SH iTE 'mega store' :duntmatter:

JV will be along shortly...dont worry.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

How long before the Leeds cretin pipes up? This is liking dropping pieces of candy for James Woods.

Champions of Europe when it comes to turnover. Have they sacked 'ecky yet?

It's down to nationwide merchandising, because of old Donald.

The problem for them is that  although they're allowed to spend more than us, they don't. Chris Wood was "only" on £17 thousand a week, a grand-a-week less than Winnall.

17 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

made up by media revenues I believe.

16/17 season for Reading included two play off semi finals and one final. A fourth round away fixture at Arsenal in the League Cup and a third round FA Cup fixture at Old Trafford, both sell outs and on TV. Plus the £1m+ for being the losing play off final club. So the perfect storm for income revenue streams really.

17/18 revenue will be a lot less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1