Sheffield Wednesday in Championship income/losses league table

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Think it means Villa had Income of £73.8m and losses of £41.1 so had a net profit of £32.7m.

I think you are wrong because, using the same logic, it would give us a couple of million profit in the same period. Chansiri would take that I reckon.

:Chansiri:

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Think it means Villa had Income of £73.8m and losses of £41.1 so had a net profit of £32.7m.

I think the losses are just that, losses. If Villas income was £74M and they lost £41M they must have spent £115M, or summat.

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

That is some serious accounting black magic there mate...... lol

giphy (1).gif

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I think you are wrong because, using the same logic, it would give us a couple of million profit in the same period. Chansiri would take that I reckon.

:Chansiri:

By my logic ( which may be wrong) it would have meant we spent circa £40m, had income of c£20 and a net loss of c£20

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

I think the losses are just that, losses. If Villas income was £74M and they lost £41M they must have spent £115M, or summat.

that's how I am reading it.

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

By my logic ( which may be wrong) it would have meant we spent circa £40m, had income of c£20 and a net loss of c£20

Seems pretty much in line with what was reported in the annual accounts. 

I know we all know this already but when half of Championship clubs spend more on wages alone than their turnover, it really is all f***ed.

SWFC paying £126 in wages for every £100 of income.

By my maths, that means we lose around £6m a season before we pay a single bill.

4 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

If correct Villa are truly FFPed if they don't go up.

They get 4 years of not caring about FFP parachute payments now last 4 years this is the complete joke of the whole system.

2 minutes ago, londonowl said:

I know we all know this already but when half of Championship clubs spend more on wages alone than their turnover, it really is all f***ed.

SWFC paying £126 in wages for every £100 of income.

By my maths, that means we lose around £6m a season before we pay a single bill.

When you take rhodes, abdi and fletcher there combined salary are over £5m a season not including fees you can see why our losses are so high this last season £5m bought us about 10 goals between the lot of them.

25 minutes ago, torryowl said:

those figures show how unfair  it is to compete against clubs with parachute payments ....reading and QPR  with an income £ 25 million above ours. 

Neither of these clubs had parachute payments for the season listed did they? They were both relegated in the 12/13 season, and I was under the impression parachute payments last for three years... meaning their final season of them would have been in 15/16. Or am I talking out my bum? :biggrin:

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Neither of these clubs had parachute payments for the season listed did they? They were both relegated in the 12/13 season, and I was under the impression parachute payments last for three years... meaning their final season of them would have been in 15/16. Or am I talking out my bum? :biggrin:

i don't know I just assumed that clubs that size couldn't generate that sort of income .........

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Wasn't it 4 years then it changed to 3 years.

33 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

If correct Villa are truly FFPed if they don't go up.

Remember its over 3 years. 1 of those they were in the premier league. So as long as they made a decent profit that year they might be ok. We need to see the full three year picture to know for sure. But I kinda hope they are well out of it. 

Edited by Daizan10
Snorkles