We got a player on our hands!

1 minute ago, AwokenGiant said:

So was it just Reach in defence in those games? Did Lees play in them? And if so, what does your theory say about him as a defender? 

I just going on your statement that reach can 'create chances and can do excellent work both defensively and going forward'

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You are right but we still need Reach 

He is a keeper for our team and I don't mean a goalie lol

We are not going to be spending a fortune on players this next window so we need to get quality in the areas we need for me he would be a good signing at the right price but I think we will go down the cheap imports route but historically we have had more dodo's that Di canio's from the foreign markets in the past.

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Funnily enough Ben Marshal on loan at Millwall has 13 appearance 5 assists and 3 goals gross up his rate to Reach's 35 appearances 9 assists and 4 goals and his return doesn't look as good and we could get Ben 10 for the right wing for around £1m in the next transfer window.

Reach on the left, Marshall on the right who do you think would get more goals and assists - my money's on Marshall.

Junior hoilett at Cardiff, free transfer last summer .assists-11 goals- 9 on no more than 15k a week.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So.... which is it?

We paid £5m for a £2.5m player if I remember rightly this was classic DC transfers - make an offer - get rejected have no plan B of other players wait till end of transfer window then offer a silly amount. We did the same with Rhodes if I remember.

Just now, welsOwl74 said:

Junior hoilett at Cardiff, free transfer last summer .assists-11 goals- 9 on no more than 15k a week.

Good player and at this level has shown his quality when no fee to pay could be a good options if Cardiff go up.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We are not going to be spending a fortune on players this next window so we need to get quality in the areas we need for me he would be a good signing at the right price but I think we will go down the cheap imports route but historically we have had more dodo's that Di canio's from the foreign markets in the past.

We don't need to sign Reach we already own him !!!

Or have I missed summat here?

• Haha 1

Just now, room0035 said:

Good player and at this level has shown his quality when no fee to pay could be a good options if Cardiff go up.

Wanted us to sign him last summer

Free agent again this summer

Still only 27,low wages 

Him and Marshall on wings for a total of £1 million, no brainer is it? 

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We paid £5m for a £2.5m player if I remember rightly this was classic DC transfers - make an offer - get rejected have no plan B of other players wait till end of transfer window then offer a silly amount. We did the same with Rhodes if I remember.

Some of our fans aren’t happy unless they are moaning. He’s improving all the time and has had a good season, especially considering the injuries we have had and he drove us forward with nothing around him at times. How many of these others in the top ten are as versatile as him and have played in so many positions? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ohhh Milan said:

Some of our fans aren’t happy unless they are moaning. He’s improving all the time and has had a good season, especially considering the injuries we have had and he drove us forward with nothing around him at times. How many of these others in the top ten are as versatile as him and have played in so many positions? 

Read the context of the previous email I am not moaning I am just saying previously that we over paid on him, he has had a reasonable season and is probably now worth what we paid for him.

Having seen him play at left back this season and also his tackling I am hoping we get in a proven Left back and leave reach on the wing. We don't need versatile we need goals and assists that why you pay the big money for attackers.

The overriding thing that strikes me in this thread is that despite some really positive news, some cold as day facts, and undisputable statistics the thread has quite a few just dismissing it entirely and casting a shadow over whether Reach is a good player or not

Amazing

Owlstalk Shop

Also seeing a lot of comments about Reach neshing 50/50's. While I agree he needs to stop doing that, it may not be as bad as everyone makes out... he averages the 7th most tackles of any of our outfield players, ahead of the likes of Hunt, Jones, Pelupessy, Bannan and Palmer. Not saying he's a defensive powerhouse, but he's still ahead of a lot of our midfielders. Maybe wingback wouldn't be a bad shout? 

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The overriding thing that strikes me in this thread is that despite some really positive news, some cold as day facts, and undisputable statistics the thread has quite a few just dismissing it entirely and casting a shadow over whether Reach is a good player or not

Amazing

Indeed - facts v's opinions! 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Is this the same Adam Reach that has neshed every 50:50 challenge he has had this season.

He is improving but we over paid on him - he might now be worth what we paid for him, but you look at the strikers around him for a truly good winger and none of the have got particular good stats other than Nuihu over the last few months. Lets have a settled team next year with Reach on the left wing and see how he does. 

May have neshed the tackles.....but stayed out of the sick bay :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Also seeing a lot of comments about Reach neshing 50/50's. While I agree he needs to stop doing that, it may not be as bad as everyone makes out... he averages the 7th most tackles of any of our outfield players, ahead of the likes of Hunt, Jones, Pelupessy, Bannan and Palmer. Not saying he's a defensive powerhouse, but he's still ahead of a lot of our midfielders. Maybe wingback wouldn't be a bad shout? 

Stats again to back up opinion/observation - well done sir!

I think Reach has had a decent season and is one of the shining lights of a pretty depressing season for us. For me he has to play as a left winger that is his position. He doesn't like to get his hands dirty as such, he does pull out of tackles where he thinks he will get hurt and he certainly is no defender. He's not strong enough to play anywhere centrally either. But his delivery from the left is very good and he has created a good few goals this season, so we should be happy he seem's to have improved. The problem now though is fitting him into the new system where there isn't an out and out left wing position!

I do like Reach and he will get better. But we will win games of football easily without him in the team. As it's been proven though we struggle to win them without Bannan and Forestieri.

Edited by pazowl55