Jon Newsome 'Would you have swapped places with Hull City?"

"I am sure most Wednesday fans would agree that since our painful defeat to them at Wembley nearly two seasons ago it has been somewhat a turbulent ride following the Owls.

"If you consider the craziness of what has happened to Hull City in that time with a season in the Premier League and then flirting with relegation in their first season back after dropping out of the top flight would you have wanted to swap places with them?

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/why-i-was-pleased-to-see-the-return-of-a-more-familiar-tactical-approach-jon-newsome-s-sheffield-wednesday-column-1-9126117

Owlstalk Shop

Give me strength!!

Would we have liked to go up and get millions upon millions of pounds, have the opportunity to play in the most watched league in world football with some of the worlds greatest players?

Would we have like to see our ground full over and over again, playing against some of the biggest teams in Europe??

This question will take us a while Jon!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Ash76

Proper thick tw4t, @@owlstalk will say it’s an unnecessary dig at local media but if he bothered to read the article in full the real headline is Jon still doesn’t think we’re mathematically safe

:goalie:

Edited by Ash76

8 minutes ago, torres said:

Give me strength!!

Would we have liked to go up and get millions upon millions of pounds, have the opportunity to play in the most watched league in world football with some of the worlds greatest players?

Would we have like to see our ground full over and over again, playing against some of the biggest teams in Europe??

lol

7 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Proper thick tw4t, @@owlstalk will say it’s an unnecessary dig at local media but if he bothered to read the article in full the real headline is Jon still doesn’t think we’re mathematically safe

:goalie:

I think he posts what john newsome says for people to bite mate .we all know newsome talks absolute sh***

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No we dont

most people can see it’s an experienced ex Wednesday player giving his opinion

Asking if we would of rather been in prem last season hmmm thats an expert opinion isnt it

1 hour ago, torres said:

Give me strength!!

I'm not sure what your point is , is it a yes or no to have gone up ? lol

• Haha 2

Would you have swapped promotion with Hull?  Derrr, yes of course we would.

Would you have liked an owner like theirs , get relegated and then spend the season in the bottom quarter of the Championship?  Well obviously not.

Does Jon Newsome realise that it's actually possible to have the first scenario without the second? For what it's worth I expect that there's a very high likelihood that yes we would have been relegated, but I also expect that Chansiri would have used the PL cash and experience to rebuild properly after coming back to the Championship rather than just selling the best players and pocketing all the cash like theirs appears to have done. 

11 minutes ago, SiJ said:

"You would like to think the worry of a relegation battle is behind us..."

Can someone please introduce basic arithmetic to Jon?

The editor of the Star Sports section must be a real tough cookie to get anything past.

''Bannan was a huge miss'' earlier this week

Now - ''Would you have liked promotion & we are possibly safe'' 

I half expect them to send their work in on big colourful paper and the article written in crayon.

• Haha 1