Ah the cult of Reach...

As in a group of fans who acknowledge the fact that Reach has had a decent season and want our players to do well...

As opposed to those oddballs who make their mind up about a player not being good enough and develop some weird obsessive complex about it. So much so,  they'll bring up said player in a thread which has nothing to do with said player just so they can get a few petty digs in. 

• Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, Think tank said:

For Bannan to be his most effective for us he needs to be in a midfield 3.

As part of a 2 he is not strong enough, a 3 gives him the license to focus on what he is good at.

I got sick of Bannan under Carlos but like several other players he was a victim of Carlos’s poor tactics. 

Now, I am really pleased we still have him and look forward to seeing him in the team next season. 

Couldnt agree more. Lee and Bannan ahead of a defensive midfielder should be the way to go next season. 

I would still like to go 4-3-3 but we do need to recruit a top centre half to partner Lees and a new left back to give us more strength at the back. 

It cannot be be underestimated how good a player Bannan is but in a midfield 3. Pace and movement ahead of him would make him an even better player.

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Couldnt agree more. Lee and Bannan ahead of a defensive midfielder should be the way to go next season. 

I would still like to go 4-3-3 but we do need to recruit a top centre half to partner Lees and a new left back to give us more strength at the back. 

It cannot be be underestimated how good a player Bannan is but in a midfield 3. Pace and movement ahead of him would make him an even better player.

We need to understand the situation with Lee quickly to determine what the midfield options are. As with Hutch, we can't be relying on injury-prone players moving forward.

It will be interesting to see with Bannan.

Firstly , whether we can keep him.

Despite his recent injury he has a good fitness record and could be somebody we could get a decent fee for if we are forced into selling.

Secondly the position he has played under Jos is different and it will be interesting to see how this develops.

Basically Joey has sat the deepest, Reach the furthest forward with Bannan allowed to play anywhere between them.

He is definitely not dropping back onto the centre halfs like he did under Carlos and he is getting on the ball more in the opposition half. 

We retain the ball a lot better with him and FF in the team. 

They have the confidence to get hold of the ball where others treat it like a hot potato.

Bannan, Lees and FF look a different quality to the rest although I guess we knew that.

Although Reach had his best game for a while yesterday.

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ah the cult of Reach...

As in a group of fans who acknowledge the fact that Reach has had a decent season and want our players to do well...

As opposed to those oddballs who make their mind up about a player not being good enough and develop some weird obsessive complex about it. So much so,  they'll bring up said player in a thread which has nothing to do with said player just so they can get a few petty digs in. 

I seriously can’t be doing with this anymore. This threads about Bannan as you say but Bannan’s going to get robbed of the PoS award due to the fact he’s unfortunately not played enough and one who has and in all honesty produces more often than not the square root of f**k all but is always fit and runs around a lot is going to get it. I don’t rate him, never have, never will but there’s no shortage of posters on here that will always take the chance to try and shove my opinion straight back down my throat because I don’t agree with them. It’s just an opinion after all, it’s neither petty or vindictive but the know all’s are always around trying to claim otherwise. It’s been a f***ing grind on here this season, it really has.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

I’m a bit schizophrenic about him.

I love to watch him play, And we look so much better with him in the team.

And yet I often think he’s too lightweight to take us to the level that we want to get to.

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I seriously can’t be doing with this anymore. This threads about Bannan as you say but Bannan’s going to get robbed of the PoS award due to the fact he’s unfortunately not played enough and one who has and in all honesty produces more often than not the square root of f**k all but is always fit and runs around a lot is going to get it. I don’t rate him, never have, never will but there’s no shortage of posters in here that will always take the chance to try and shove my opinion straight back down my throat because I don’t agree with them. It’s just an opinion after all, it’s neither petty or vindictive but the know all’s are always around to claim otherwise. It’s been a f***ing grind in here this season, it really has.

Stick with it.. we're nearly ready for the holidays.:tango:WTF!?

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

Bannan’s going to get robbed of the PoS award due to the fact he’s unfortunately not played enough...

You can't say he's been "robbed" when he's missed more than half of the season. Not his fault obviously, and he has played well, but... that's life.

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

...and one who has and in all honest produces more often than not the square root of f**k all but is always fit and runs around a lot is going to get it

Not for a moment do I suggest that such statistics are definitive (far from it actually), but according to the BBC...

Reach      8 assists, 4 goals

Bannan    0 assists, 1 goal

Just now, DJMortimer said:

You can't say he's been "robbed" when he's missed more than half of the season. Not his fault obviously, and he has played well, but... that's life.

Not for a moment do I suggest that such statistics are definitive (far from it actually), but according to the BBC...

Stats don’t lie, do they? That said you’re talking about a player who’s played arguably 20 times more than Bannan this season and more often than not his shooting and crossing leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Stats don’t lie, do they? 

They do, all the time. And they can of course be manipulated to suit.

That said you’re talking about a player who’s played arguably 20 times more than Bannan this season and more often than not his shooting and crossing leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Bannan 27+1 appearances,  Reach 48+2. That's still a big disparity in terms of goals and assists in Reach's favour. But I'm not dissing the little man. They're just numbers. He is a pivotal player for us as our recent upturn in results with his return have demonstrated.

• Like 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

What prejudice? I'm sick of being told what a superstar player Reach is when all we've done while he's been fit and playing is struggle. When you chuck your Bannan's, -Hutchinson's, Lees' and Forrestieri's back in the mix, players who all get their fair share of stick on here, surprise, surprise we start to pick up points on a regular basis, don't we? :laugh:

Ok others have different preferences to you that's all. But 'cult of'.......... utter bobbar.

13 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Hang on a minute.

So that 50 yard pass right onto Joao's head for his goal against Preston didn't count as an assist !?

:ohmy:

According to whoscored.com who only include league games, Bannan has 3 assists this season.

Edited by DJMortimer

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Hang on a minute.

So that 50 yard pass right onto Joao's head for his goal against Preston didn't count as an assist !?

:ohmy:

Ha ha.

It was a lovely ball for sure..but was eclipsed by the header...one of the technically hardest when it's slightly behind you.

WTF!?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

They do, all the time. And they can of course be manipulated to suit.

Bannan 27+1 appearances,  Reach 48+2. That's still a big disparity in terms of goals and assists in Reach's favour. But I'm not dissing the little man. They're just numbers. He is a pivotal player for us as our recent upturn in results with his return have demonstrated.

Agree with all of that and yes, had Bannan been available for the full season he'd have been a strong contender for POS. Mind you if we're talking impact in games played then Nuhiu might be unassailable.

38 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I seriously can’t be doing with this anymore. This threads about Bannan as you say but Bannan’s going to get robbed of the PoS award due to the fact he’s unfortunately not played enough and one who has and in all honesty produces more often than not the square root of f**k all but is always fit and runs around a lot is going to get it. I don’t rate him, never have, never will but there’s no shortage of posters on here that will always take the chance to try and shove my opinion straight back down my throat because I don’t agree with them. It’s just an opinion after all, it’s neither petty or vindictive but the know all’s are always around trying to claim otherwise. It’s been a f***ing grind on here this season, it really has.

The cult of being really angry

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

Well that’s another description for how much I rate Reach :laugh:

Nothing wrong with having a different opinion to the majority :laugh:

I think that Reach is a good player who will most probably (and deservedly IMO) win POS.