2 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Yet some still think should offload the likes of Westwood, Hooper and Forestieri. These are the players we need to build around. 

Yep, Bannan was getting stick on here only last week for too many hollywood balls against Fulham. No coincidence that our run of good results recently has coincided with his return.

Bannan is a good player but for me a central midfielder playing 40+ games a season should be scoring 7+ goals we are lucky if he get any.

Every good team in our division has goals from the middle of the park and the lack of them puts pressure on the front two produce every game.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Bannan is a good player but for me a central midfielder playing 40+ games a season should be scoring 7+ goals we are lucky if he get any.

Every good team in our division has goals from the middle of the park and the lack of them puts pressure on the front two produce every game.

But you find fault with every player going.  

27 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Good that he's on form but he's no captain

Listened to game on RS today.

Late on, commentators talked about the need for an experienced Wednesday player to ‘marshall’ us to the end.

They said Bannon bawled out Matias for taking a long shot rather than keeping it deep in Hull half?

Just now, Watson said:

But you find fault with every player going.  

No next season we need to push on and make the top 6 it will be the hardest season yet with 10-12 teams with parachute payments, we need everyone firing and fit.

As a team you hope your strikers get 40+ goals between them, midfield 20+ defence is a bonus in the goals scored though in years gone by we have had some good goal scoring centre back in reda, liara, pearson.

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I'm not bothered about his goal return; he makes about 50% of our team goals over the course of a season. For a midfielder who sits as deep as he often does, that'll do me.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No next season we need to push on and make the top 6 it will be the hardest season yet with 10-12 teams with parachute payments, we need everyone firing and fit.

As a team you hope your strikers get 40+ goals between them, midfield 20+ defence is a bonus in the goals scored though in years gone by we have had some good goal scoring centre back in reda, liara, pearson.

Thanks for that, I never knew any of that.  Good grief