So Jos in or out at the end of the season??

1 minute ago, cowl said:

I'd like to know at what point Venâncio was declared unfit for today. I assume that he was unfit and that it was a late call because it's hard to otherwise explain that his shirt was out.

The change to 4-4-2 and the ensuing performance really looked like it'd just been dropped on the players moments before kick off. If this is the case, is it really sensible to change formation? Not one single player seemed to know what was going on in the first 15 minutes or so. Impossible not to ask questions of the management tonight.

Probably just didn’t fancy it.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
7 minutes ago, poite said:

That's the issue isn't it though. What funds and flexibility has he got to put together his own squad? Not many out of contract in the summer and were hardly going to be swamped with offers for the squad of crocks we have.

I expect that there will be some wheeling and dealing. Maybe a couple of fans favourites will be used to fund incomings. Probably only Nuhiu of the out of contract players offered a new deal. 

I think that there will be a radical change of culture in the summer; strategy, fitness and discipline.

16 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Yes and Reach aint the answer  , Its clear he is good going onto the ball when its in front of him , when it comes to him with his back to goal he has not got a clue , and 50/50 challenges  I would back my missus in them 

A midfield beast he is not. It's a sorry state of affairs when he's in contention for player of the season, which I might add he may deserve to win (I think that could be a back handed compliment).

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Katrien meire has to earn her money now in finding a good championship manager and getting rid of the crap in the squad. 

Then find good players who will take this club forward and promoted 

Over to you katrien now

Let's see if your as good as we hope you will be

She'll need to earn her money for sure but I think it's nailed on that Jos will be here next season which I'm happy with. 

DC has the credentials but wants to do it his way which I get but he’s got to realise that his way so far this season isn’t working. It’s now seemingly down to Katrien to use her influence and get this club moving forward again.

I suspect there will be some higher profile experienced managers with a history of success in this league. Will KM advocate this or does Jos get another crack with a fully fit squad?

Which way we go will have a huge impact on next season for me. Thanks Jos but I’m hoping we move on from him. 

Leaning towards getting rid. Don’t like the way he sets up going into games and through our 3 game purple patch the system didn’t work for long periods in each game. We haven’t got the pace nor fitness in the wing back positions to make it successful in my opinion. Thankfully we are pretty much safe but can’t see us kicking on under him next season to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

DC has the credentials but wants to do it his way which I get but he’s got to realise that his way so far this season isn’t working. It’s now seemingly down to Katrien to use her influence and get this club moving forward again.

I suspect there will be some higher profile experienced managers with a history of success in this league. Will KM advocate this or does Jos get another crack with a fully fit squad?

Which way we go will have a huge impact on next season for me. Thanks Jos but I’m hoping we move on from him. 

What credentials does DC have exactly?

24 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

He's not a motivator, he struggles to change a game and his marquee signing of JoeyP hasn't filled me with the confidence that he's fit to look after a pivotal pre-season full of new signings.

Let's not make the same mistake we did with Carlos and leave it until all the money's been wasted and we're on a downwards slope. 

Yeh, let's just keep signing loads of managers for a few games in the hope it works out...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

Or maybe he's blown his 50 mill and sum body has turned the tap off...

The published accounts say otherwise. 

Comes from a family who's business turn a 4 billion profit annually. Openly says he'd spend if allowed. Ok he's not Wolves rich but the richest owner we've ever had. 

I guess we'll really see how rich he is if we ever go up. 

12 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

And of the last 24 teams relegated from the Championship, 22 of them had British managers for all or most of the season. Couldn't be bothered to look back any further.

All very well and good but I don’t think you have factored in the following DJ lol

FE703550-170B-4241-A05D-605F6CD30B93.jpeg

I think between a three game winning streak followed by two crap losses on the bounce views are naturally gonna bounce around a fair bit.

Mine has shifted a little and I’d probably say at this point that I’d be OK with the club moving on from Jos in the summer, but only if we have a very good replacement lined up. If we bring in Mick McCarthy or another top manager at this level then I’m happy and I’ll thank Jos for his efforts. If we’re looking at Dean Smith or other questionable/unproven alternatives then I’d rather we stick with Jos - short-termism is absolutely crippling us so we’d better have a bloody good reason to do some more chopping and changing.