So Jos in or out at the end of the season??

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, jack whitham said:

Fans dont pick the manager thats the job of the club.

We can be thankful for that at least.

Just now, jack whitham said:

Fans dont pick the manager thats the job of the club.

They don't pick the squad or play in the matches either.

Maybe we should shut the forum down and start a new one where every one just talks about their day jobs or the kids

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, victorturner said:

It may be an attempt to find his best role. He has not starred as expected anywhere else and we are short of good fit midfielders.

Yes and Reach aint the answer  , Its clear he is good going onto the ball when its in front of him , when it comes to him with his back to goal he has not got a clue , and 50/50 challenges  I would back my missus in them 

53 minutes ago, CE-Owl said:

We need a manager who knows this division. And one who can speak fluent English and therefore communicate his tactics.

42 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Oh... you mean like Nuno Espirito Santo at the runaway leaders?

36 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Or David Wagner last season?

30 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Or Aitor Karanka the season before that?

28 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Or Slavisa Jokanovic the season before that?

And of the last 24 teams relegated from the Championship, 22 of them had British managers for all or most of the season. Couldn't be bothered to look back any further.

• Like 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, Pale Rider said:

Hope they keep up the good work. lol

Too right. Carlos did OK but went past his sell by date.

Jos will be fine once he gets his own squad and a summer to get it fit and ready.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

And of the last 24 teams relegated from the Championship, 22 of them had British managers for all or most of the season. Couldn't be bothered to look back any further.

Still jerking yourself off over that are you?

I think I acknowledged you had a point.

I still would like a bit more common sense from our chairman though.

Its a sorry state at this club if we sack jos we have to start again and if we keep him its a huge gamble with a fresh new season.

Carlos should have beenfucked off after the hudd game but DC didnt have the know how and balls to do it.

Its okay though, he will be saying how much he is part of the family and how much time he is away from his family at the next steering meeting....all will be fine again .

Edited by TaxiMark

2 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Too right. Carlos did OK but went past his sell by date.

Jos will be fine once he gets his own squad and a summer to get it fit and ready.

That's the issue isn't it though. What funds and flexibility has he got to put together his own squad? Not many out of contract in the summer and were hardly going to be swamped with offers for the squad of crocks we have.

He's not a motivator, he struggles to change a game and his marquee signing of JoeyP hasn't filled me with the confidence that he's fit to look after a pivotal pre-season full of new signings.

Let's not make the same mistake we did with Carlos and leave it until all the money's been wasted and we're on a downwards slope. 

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Its a sorry state at this club if we sack jos we have to start again and id we keep him its a huge gamble with a fresh new season.

Carlos should have beenfucked off after the hudd game but DC didnt have the know how and balls to do it.

Its okay though, he will be saying how much he is part of the family and how much time he is away from his family at the next steering meeting....all will be fine again .

Exactly. And remember, he bought us that big screen for all the ads, repaired the pitch and brightened up the disaster stand with a cartoon owl...

• Haha 1

I'm not one for chopping and changing but as we limp towards the end of the season im becoming less and less convinced. Will be interesting to see if he drops Wildsmith at the weekend. Would love to know if he's thinking of offering Pudil a new contract, which would give me a big indication on where he's at. Apologies for just mentioning Pudil as he's far from on his own but we need players who beleive, are positive and don't look for excuses not to have a go and make a difference. 

We need a fresh start and new faces around the place, no tinkering around the edges. New coaches, loans in loans out as well. 

He’s just about succeeded in the job he came to do ie keep us in this division.

But for me, he’s shown nothing special, to give any confidence he’s the man to take us forward. He might do ok if we kept him, but there are probably a number of better options out there come the end of the season.

Time for a fresh start

I'd like to know at what point Venâncio was declared unfit for today. I assume that he was unfit and that it was a late call because it's hard to otherwise explain that his shirt was out.

The change to 4-4-2 and the ensuing performance really looked like it'd just been dropped on the players moments before kick off. If this is the case, is it really sensible to change formation? Not one single player seemed to know what was going on in the first 15 minutes or so. Impossible not to ask questions of the management tonight.