Unbiased Press?

2 minutes ago, M Royds said:

I apologise for misquoting you. 

The ironic thing about your last sentence in this post is it’s incredibly sanctimonious. Can you see that?

Ha ha. Touché mate. You’re right. 

Thanks for the apology though. I do appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Thanks scram.

Im seriously not an argumentative person but there’s one thing on here that grinds my gears and it’s this.

Any mention of the Sun or Mail provokes an immediate response from someone. Why? Just why?

As soon as Buxtongent mentioned it I thought somebody’s going to immediately post something righteous and hey presto that’s what happened . I thought hey ho just ignore it so I did. When the next few posts said exactly the same thing I thought no I’m just tired of this I’ve got to say something.

Of course it’s just pointless because we’ve all got our own views and we’re not likely to be swayed by someone else’s opinion.

I really don’t want to know on the Matchday thread what your political allegiances are and basically that’s what it comes down to. 

At the end of the day We’re all Wednesday, aren’t we ?

8 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Thanks scram.

Im seriously not an argumentative person but there’s one thing on here that grinds my gears and it’s this.

Any mention of the Sun or Mail provokes an immediate response from someone. Why? Just why?

As soon as Buxtongent mentioned it I thought somebody’s going to immediately post something righteous and hey presto that’s what happened . I thought hey ho just ignore it so I did. When the next few posts said exactly the same thing I thought no I’m just tired of this I’ve got to say something.

Of course it’s just pointless because we’ve all got our own views and we’re not likely to be swayed by someone else’s opinion.

I really don’t want to know on the Matchday thread what your political allegiances are and basically that’s what it comes down to. 

At the end of the day We’re all Wednesday, aren’t we ?

Yeh, but you have to admit that the Mail and Sun are shît. 

Edited by M Royds
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, M Royds said:

Listen mate, this isn’t a football team to which I show some sort of blind faith to. 

This is not about left journos verses right journos. I’m pointing out the lies, mistruths and division these newspapers have on the population. It looks like you’re falling for the rhetoric of the said newspapers. No one person has brought up the Guardian or other left leaning newspapers. You and others have brought up the Guardian. One fella even brought his dad who fought in the war for ‘these idiots.’ Blimey, from newspapers to WW2. What leap of nonsense. 

You can have right leaning views and tell the truth, be fair minded and show courage and conviction of your beliefs without resorting to lies. 

If you want to be the champion of the Mail and The Sun against the evil Guardian then fair enough. Can’t do much about that. Good luck in your crusade. 

Ok, so where have I mentioned the guardian ?

The best post in this thread was by GY owl on page 4. A decent common sense neutral view......which the lefties shot down.

You are pointing out lies and untruths on one side only !! You are blindly supporting one sides view..your view. The other is telling lies and untruths according to you. Surely you are the one falling for it.

Personally I don't support any one party. I think they are all awful and pretty much the same....i long to have a common sense party.

I do however really hate the left wing

3 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

The best post in this thread was by GY owl on page 4. A decent common sense neutral view......which the lefties shot down.

You are pointing out lies and untruths on one side only !! You are blindly supporting one sides view..your view. The other is telling lies and untruths according to you. Surely you are the one falling for it.

Personally I don't support any one party. I think they are all awful and pretty much the same....i long to have a common sense party.

You didn’t mention the Guardian but other posters did so I kinda lumped it in my reply. Apologies for misquoting you. 

However, you’re comparing left leaning  journos with right leaning journos. Why is this an issue of left and right? Why pigeon hole this in a left v right issue. It’s a true and lies issue. 

If newspapers lie and misinform, like the Mail and Sun does at an industrial rate, they need calling out. If you fall for that left right nonsense then their rhetoric is working. Proper fake news using the insecurities and gullibility of people to carry on what they’re doing. 

There are plenty of people with right leaning views that don’t resort to lies and bullshît to get their point across.    

• Like 1

Stopped reading the Guardian and Observer years ago when I realised the articles were biased and the journalism just reflected what the left wing bias wanted you to digest. There was no balanced debate , just one sided , sometimes untruths , that if the full facts / story had been presented , would have given an entirely different slant. 

It rejects middle class , white British people and almost makes you feel apologetic. 

It is wrong to judge and take the apparent , moral high ground , just because someone reads a right wing paper. They all report with their own agenda and give you what they want you to read. 

Im sick to death of the words “diversity” , “tolerance” and “racist”.  

8 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

So, your "common sense party" must have hatred of "the left wing".

Is that right ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Right wingers always think they have a monopoly on “common sense”.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Some newspapers have abandoned their Northern editions to save money, therefore Brentford will be seen of more interest.

Still the same price though.

Another example of inequality in this country, with the North / South divide increasing further, whilst we continue to pay lip service to equal rights for all. 

Take a look at central budgets, and then investment in the north vs the south, and tell me where all the money is going.

Spot on, Owlsman. Somebody buys a coffee in Meadowhall and it shows up as a profit on somebody else's balance sheet in London.

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

As opposed to a Blackshirts reunion?

lol

I know you are jesting but i really don't believe there's anyone that stupid to hold Nazi or fascist beliefs in this modern day and age on this forum, left, right or confused minded.

Edited by steveger

1 minute ago, steveger said:

I know you are jesting but i really don't believe there's anyone that stupid to hold Nazi beliefs in this modern day and age on this forum, left or right minded.

Surely Oswald Mosley was a patriot. The Mail told me.