Jos Luhukay on Leeds United "They have unbelievable offensive quality"

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

“I think they are a very strong team,” said Luhukay.

“They have unbelievable offensive quality. All four strikers are very effective. We have a lot of work on Saturday to stop their quality. 

“Leeds, in the last weeks, have also not had good results, so they also will look for success. It will be an interesting game. “I think in a derby you must have the passion and a winning mentality to get a good result. Both sets of fans will give 100 per cent support, so we must give everything we have.

“We have spoken with each other, we know what we have done, what we must do, and what we can do better. There’s no problem with motivation. The position in the league does not lie.

Why do our managers seem to spend their energy worrying about how good the opposition is, the players must feel up against it before a ball is kicked....Weirdo’s.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, prowl said:

The best policy for any manager is to use anodyne comments in press conferences. If they say the other team is great it can damage their own teams confidence and boost the oppositions. Say they are rubbish and the opposition manager can use it to fire up their players. Stick to the standard 'There are no easy games'.

The manager can say what he likes in private but he should be careful in public.

You would think an experienced manager would know that.

Inclined to agree but then they get panned for being grey or dull

I'm sure I've seen/heard opposing manager's praising us the day before turning us over this season though . Just words. They key thing to avoid though is being critical of the opposition in public before a game.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
6 minutes ago, OzOwl said:

Why do our managers seem to spend their energy worrying about how good the opposition is, the players must feel up against it before a ball is kicked....Weirdo’s.

As said earlier I'd expect that the talk with the players would be entirely different.

I doubt that the public words are a sign of worry; just answering questions and taking care not to malign the opposition. As prowl suggested probably best to just have a stock "I don't talk about the opposition". line.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

1 hour ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I'd imagine the talks with the players would have been entirely different.

He's managed bigger clubs than us.

Which of those clubs do you believe were a bigger job than the one he took in at S6 in January? 

This type of post just shows that many of our fans haven’t got a clue about this guy, much like our chairman before handed him the job too probably. 

Jos is not the right man for the job. 

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This^^^

Why not say, whilst they are a good team they have had some indifferent performances and results and we have beaten them once this season. Can see why the players remain fragile shells who fail to deliver week-in week-out.

'oh dear, they have a big shitty stick and will repeatedly hit us with it' can't see that team talk failing.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
32 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Which of those clubs do you believe were a bigger job than the one he took in at S6 in January? 

This type of post just shows that many of our fans haven’t got a clue about this guy, much like our chairman before handed him the job too probably. 

Jos is not the right man for the job. 

I said bigger clubs. Hertha is a bigger club than us for one.

We'll stay up IMO and also IMO he'll be more properly judged next season.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

40 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Praising the opposition just like Carlos. Brilliant. 

Was thinking that.

I used to wonder why he set out to counteract how he thought the opposition would play, instead of concentrating on having a go at the opposition, and letting them worry about us.

This mentality smacks of “I think they’re better than us”. Not sure what a leader of men is doing sewing this seed of doubt. Crap leadership imho. 

1 hour ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

For sure but I do expect those four players to have a huge positive impact when they return.

They didnt earlier in the season before they were injured . Or was that down to Carlos ? Can Jos make them perform ? 

Maybe some of what Jos says gets a little lost in translation. He might use the word ‘unbelievable’ to just mean ‘good. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt here but to be honest I don’t like it. When we can all see that Leeds are an average team in dire form, saying they have unbelievable quality just irritates the fans and reduces faith in the manager.

Football managers need credit it in the bank for when things go wrong and unfortunately I think Jos is using up a lot of his with his statements and some negative tactics and team selections. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
42 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

They didnt earlier in the season before they were injured . Or was that down to Carlos ? Can Jos make them perform ? 

We didn't start on fire but:

First 7 league games  - 12 points - If we'd just matched this in either of the sequences below we wouldn't be worrying about relegation now

CC's last 7 league games  - 4 points  Bannan featured in all 4 games where we took points. (As an aside he also had Hooper, Westwood,Fletcher and Lee featuring in 3 of those 4 too too).

Jos's last 7 league games - 4 points 

IF Hutch, Bannan, Lees and FF are all ready after the break I reckon we'll see their worth and how much we've missed them.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

who do you think we'll get in come late september?

There'll be reason to consider a replacement.

Just now, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

We didn't start on fire but:

First 7 league games  - 12 points - If we'd just matched this in either of the sequences below we wouldn't be worrying about relegation now

CC's last 7 league games  - 4 points  Bannan featured in all 4 games where we took points. (As an aside he also had Hooper, Westwood,Fletcher and Lee featuring in 3 of those 4 too too).

Jos's last 7 league games - 4 points 

IF Hutch, Bannan, Lees and FF are all ready after the break I reckon we'll see there worth and how much we've missed them.

cheers for that mate . Interesting stats 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
42 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Was thinking that.

I used to wonder why he set out to counteract how he thought the opposition would play, instead of concentrating on having a go at the opposition, and letting them worry about us.

This mentality smacks of “I think they’re better than us”. Not sure what a leader of men is doing sewing this seed of doubt. Crap leadership imho. 

If this was how he communicated behind closed doors with the players I'd agree 100%. I just doubt that's reality though.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, dnhc said:

he needs to start producing the goods, he needs the fans onboard, it's a very uphill battle without them.

Yes he does. IMO the returning players mentioned will help hugely.

You'll rarely get fans 100% behind managers. Fans form opinions that take a lot of shifting. This season's brief now is to grind enough points to survive and I don't care how ugly they are gained.

The fans that go to matches in the main will get behind the team and boss. Stuff on here should be taken with a pinch of salt.