Jos Luhukay on Leeds United "They have unbelievable offensive quality"

4 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I'd imagine the talks with the players would have been entirely different.

He's managed bigger clubs than us.

Both good points. In all fairness, I think it's pretty safe to say the public message and the private one are two different things. I'd just like the public one to focus less on the opposition strengths and instead be something positive about us, however difficult that might be to find!!! Make it up if you have to Jos..... lol

I still believe he can't be judged although hopefully, we get chance to form an opinion as players return. As a club, we are nowhere near too big for him but I suspect our current circumstances on and off the pitch could be, I think we'd be a challenge for any coach in the world right now.

We are 1 round of fixtures away from either safety, or utter panic. This manager wouldn't inspire me to clear the drive of snow, never mind win a game of football.

This job, at this time, needed an old school, kick up the harris British manager that knew the players, league and club. If we escape relegation this season, we are the luckiest team alive. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, Morepork said:

Both good points. In all fairness, I think it's pretty safe to say the public message and the private one are two different things. I'd just like the public one to focus less on the opposition strengths and instead be something positive about us, however difficult that might be to find!!! Make it up if you have to Jos..... lol

I still believe he can't be judged although hopefully, we get chance to form an opinion as players return. As a club, we are nowhere near too big for him but I suspect our current circumstances on and off the pitch could be, I think we'd be a challenge for any coach in the world right now.

Agreed.

I should imagine that answering journalists' questions in his third language is not his main concern nor talent. It would be easy to go the other way and have a Warnock or Megson type of opposing manager pinning critical words on the dressing room wall with the rallying call of ramming the words down the quoter's throat just as they leave the changing room before the game. I'd imagine that would be even more impactive.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Really does sound like we are getting excuses in early. 

Fully expect a limp performance and a hammering if I’m being honest. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Leeds run up 3 or more  goals :(

To be fair Jos sounds more positive than you.

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

We are 1 round of fixtures away from either safety, or utter panic. This manager wouldn't inspire me to clear the drive of snow, never mind win a game of football.

This job, at this time, needed an old school, kick up the harris British manager that knew the players, league and club. If we escape relegation this season, we are the luckiest team alive. 

If we survive i feel  it will be down to the fact there will be three worse teams than us, not because we get the results ourselves. 

I hope im wrong ,but i just cant see where the next win is coming from. Every team we still have to play all have something to play for , either the play offs or relegation ( apart from QPR) . 

I do worry that we're reading¹ too much into Leeds' form. Reading² and Brentford aside, this is almost as tough as it gets.

image.thumb.jpeg.e295ed89f2d3c5b9e3a3c5962e47bfd4.jpeg

¹ Base verb + ing

² Needs citation 

Edit: But as this thread needs some optimism, hopefully their confidence is just as low as ours and we can grind out a 0-0. ;)

Edited by Samurai Blue

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If we survive i feel  it will be down to the fact there will be three worse teams than us, not because we get the results ourselves. 

I hope im wrong ,but i just cant see where the next win is coming from. Every team we still have to play all have something to play for , either the play offs or relegation ( apart from QPR) . 

I too can't see where the next win is coming but with Bannan, Hutch and FF looking set to soon be joining Lees back in the team I'm confident, no further injury disasters permitting, that we'll garner the points required to see us a few points above the bottom three.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

2 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I too can't see where the next win is coming but with Bannan, Hutch and FF looking set to soon be joining Less back in the team I'm confident, no further injury disasters permitting, that we'll garner the points required to see us a few points above the bottom three.

Its a sorry situation right now. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Its a sorry situation right now. 

For sure but I do expect those four players to have a huge positive impact when they return.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
23 minutes ago, vulva said:

Inclined to agree in the short term. Personally I'm confident that we will stay up then for me the real measure of Jos will be judged next season.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, Mountain Owl said:

I hope its Jos's restrictive english which is letting him down because if Leeds had unbelievable offensive quality they would be up top alongside Wolves.

Not with their defence.

The best policy for any manager is to use anodyne comments in press conferences. If they say the other team is great it can damage their own teams confidence and boost the oppositions. Say they are rubbish and the opposition manager can use it to fire up their players. Stick to the standard 'There are no easy games'.

The manager can say what he likes in private but he should be careful in public.

You would think an experienced manager would know that.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Luhukay is not the answer.

48044448-5EBF-4A5B-AD2F-07104D3FC1C2.jpeg

Lets not give up on Jos just yet, but Holloway is a proper football manager.

He took Blackpool to the Premier League. Just think about what an achievement that is in the modern game