Jos Luhukay on Leeds United "They have unbelievable offensive quality"

28 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Yes he does. IMO the returning players mentioned will help hugely.

You'll rarely get fans 100% behind managers. Fans form opinions that take a lot of shifting. This season's brief now is to grind enough points to survive and I don't care how ugly they are gained.

The fans that go to matches in the main will get behind the team and boss. Stuff on here should be taken with a pinch of salt.

i 100% agree, but he doesn't give off an air of confidence, he may well turn out to be a completely different manager with a fully fit injury free squad, with closed season additions, only time will tell.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
6 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i 100% agree, but he doesn't give off an air of confidence, he may well turn out to be a completely different manager with a fully fit injury free squad, with closed season additions, only time will tell.

I don't mind his public personna/image one iota.

Like you say time will tell. 

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I don't mind his public persona/image one iota.

Like you say time will tell. 

i believe a texan said during the civil war of robert e. lee, 'i'd charge the gates of hell for that old man'

i don't believe jos could induce me to charge the gates of hell, just saying.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

i believe a texan said during the civil war of robert e. lee, 'i'd charge the gates of hell for that old man'

i don't believe jos could induce me to charge the gates of hell, just saying.

Like I say his public persona bothers me not one jot. 

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, dnhc said:

he hasn't to fire you up though, has he?

he has to fire a whole different group of individuals up, and those seem to have been showing poor belief in their ability of recent. 

Inherited a shambles. Far more than fire and belief (or lack of) at play. I'll judge him on how the team perfoms next season.

Returning players will, I am certain, make a positive difference.

Anyway I guess we'll have to agree to differ on Jos.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

43 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Inherited a shambles. Far more than fire and belief (or lack of) at play. I'll judge him on how the team perfoms next season.

Returning players will, I am certain, make a positive difference.

Anyway I guess we'll have to agree to differ on Jos.

i don't see certain of our present first Xl improving their skills much before the end of the season, however an improvement in heart and desire wouldn't be too much to ask for.

as for returning players, how many will return?, how many will be fully match fit?, how many will pick up another injury?

we don't know, so this lot has to secure us points for us to play championship football next season, not rely on someone else coming in and doing it.

as agreeing or not on jos, joking aside, i believe if we survive, or not, he should be given the closed season, and money freed up for him new players.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, dnhc said:

i don't see certain of our present first Xl improving their skills much before the end of the season, however an improvement in heart and desire wouldn't be too much to ask for.

as for returning players, how many will return?, how many will be fully match fit?, how many will pick up another injury?

we don't know, so this lot has to secure us points for us to play championship football next season, not rely on someone else coming in and doing it.

as agreeing or not on jos, joking aside, i believe if we survive, or not, he should be given the closed season, and money freed up for him new players.

You have to think that our staggering injury situation must bottom out. Looking like Bannan, Hutch, Lees and FF might soon be playing together which would be a massive boost. Hooper, Lee, Westwood; who knows?

I expect us to survive and agree with your last paragraph; then it's up to Jos and he'll be rightly judged then.

3 hours ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I said bigger clubs. Hertha is a bigger club than us for one.

We'll stay up IMO and also IMO he'll be more properly judged next season.

But the original comment was that Jos was not up to this job. What’s the size of hertha got to do with that?

It sounds like your only real understanding of Jos has come from Wikipedia. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
11 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

But the original comment was that Jos was not up to this job. What’s the size of hertha got to do with that?

It sounds like your only real understanding of Jos has come from Wikipedia. 

I responded first to the original comment from the OP. The bit about Hertha was in response to a subsequent post.

Might sound like that to you but it would be a wrong assumption.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Great bit of psychology from Jos. Bull em' up, lull them into complacency then bend them over and roger 'em.lol

2 hours ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

You have to think that our staggering injury situation must bottom out. Looking like Bannan, Hutch, Lees and FF might soon be playing together which would be a massive boost. Hooper, Lee, Westwood; who knows?

I expect us to survive and agree with your last paragraph; then it's up to Jos and he'll be rightly judged then.

i think today's win is a massive lift, i need to look at a report from those that went, on a day when birmingham were closing on us, we've kept that gap, and increased it on others.

it gives us more maneuvering room, my worry with the injured guys coming back is, how match fit are they?

but a lot of that pressure has been lifted today,

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, dnhc said:

i think today's win is a massive lift, i need to look at a report from those that went, on a day when birmingham were closing on us, we've kept that gap, and increased it on others.

it gives us more maneuvering room, my worry with the injured guys coming back is, how match fit are they?

but a lot of that pressure has been lifted today,

Interesting point. Perhaps Jos will be rewarded for his refusal to rush players back as has happened in the past. Bosses with smaller sweetbreads might well have caved in to pressure of results and form.

3 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Interesting point. Perhaps Jos will be rewarded for his refusal to rush players back as has happened in the past. Bosses with smaller sweetbreads might well have caved in to pressure of results and form.

we have no idea whatsoever how close that actually came, had we lost today, and the next 2/3, it would have got very interesting indeed.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we have no idea whatsoever how close that actually came, had we lost today, and the next 2/3, it would have got very interesting indeed.

I suspect that he'd have stood firm. Short term fixes don't seem to be on his agenda and I welcome that personally. Anyway; we won and with more of our better players to come back after the break I'm confident that we'll kick on.

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I suspect that he'd have stood firm. Short term fixes don't seem to be on his agenda and I welcome that personally. Anyway; we won and with more of our better players to come back after the break I'm confident that we'll kick on.

let's hope so.