STEERING GROUP - Official Matchday Thread

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's all chill out, stop with the namecalling, and get along ffs

I feel like a dad trying to watch Baywatch whilst his kids are squabbling over the rubik's cube

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd agree that you seem to get targetted by the same usernames the second you log on.

Sad times that

It's surely time for everyone to shake hands and move on now

Lee posts on here in the unique position of being ex chairman of the club for some strange reason I love.

When he posts opinions and allegations relating to the current chairman then I don't see anything wrong in both asking him to substantiate his claims and comparing his criticisms of the current chairman to decisions and actions he made/took himself when in the same position.

He hasn't answered a direct question asked of him several times now and has instead reverted to creating a smokescreen to point attention and tell lies about those asking rather than fronting up the evidence to back up what was said.

There have been posts deleted along the way which I can't really  see any justification for doing so and as per usual, the claim that anyone daring to challenge what's said is part of some organised campaign has been allowed to drift on.

If you were watching Baywatch and we were fighting over the Rubiks Cube, then it's pretty clear who would always get first go and as a less fortunate sibling who never came first I would be forced to sit and wait my turn whilst praying for mum to get home so I could tell her where you hid your muckfilm collection. :laugh:

Joking apart, and minus the deleted content, it's pretty clear enough for anyone reading  to make up their own minds.

• Thanks 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

There are a number of usernames on here that get targeted regardless of what they post. It's how it goes.

It's not just Lee

16 hours ago, daleblue said:

I agree, should have letters, when at junior school I played for the School team, we had letters, 1964/65.

Was this common or was it a Rugby thing, and were we wearing their tops?

Sorry going off on one, it's just that it came to mind when I saw your post.

Now, you are you sure that that was school your parents sent you to?

lexgene-hackman.jpg

Why would Lee Strafford lie?

First , I have never met either him or DC and we can only judge based on context and results - team, club, finances, stewardship , etc- and then media.

Like me, Lee came from a Sheffield Council estate and - here we differ - made really good, starting and building a brilliant firm, now sold to BT.

By contrast , DC appears to be a nice guy but a rich kid whose family gave him dosh but don't want him anywhere near their own company.

Like all of us, he and his son got suckered by great Wembley season but he's owner of our great club so has to steer it much better than at present.

His plan seems to be wait for 2019 when current contracts end (30 June, 2019) and then we can progress. Hmmm.

Yes, he's put in loads of dosh bit so have we. Typically, he may not have ego and executive nous to accept expert advice (a DOF , say).

Your power? Keep up pressure and purchasing decisions .     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

Why would Lee Strafford lie?

First , I have never met either him or DC and we can only judge based on context and results - team, club, finances, stewardship , etc- and then media.

Like me, Lee came from a Sheffield Council estate and - here we differ - made really good, starting and building a brilliant firm, now sold to BT.

By contrast , DC appears to be a nice guy but a rich kid whose family gave him dosh but don't want him anywhere near their own company.

Like all of us, he and his son got suckered by great Wembley season but he's owner of our great club so has to steer it much better than at present.

His plan seems to be wait for 2019 when current contracts end (30 June, 2019) and then we can progress. Hmmm.

Yes, he's put in loads of dosh bit so have we. Typically, he may not have ego and executive nous to accept expert advice (a DOF , say).

Your power? Keep up pressure and purchasing decisions .     

What has his son got to do with it?

1 minute ago, Doug Owlett said:

Because he frequently mentions him and their love club - have you seen the kid's video updates?

Also, that emotional family bond may mean he's not making rational footy and finance decisions.

Again , like many of us. Difference is, we are only buying our children lego. 

3 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Because he frequently mentions him and their love club - have you seen the kid's video updates?

Also, that emotional family bond may mean he's not making rational footy and finance decisions.

So its like his lad pointin' to Jordan Rhodes an' sayin' 

"I want that one Dad" ?

7 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Irrelevant

14 minutes ago, Doug Owlett said:

It has nothing to do with anything. 

@fred mciver has continually suggested that Mr C's son has had some sort of say in transfers. 

There's nothing to back this up. Likewise, he tried to make a big song and dance about our accounts not coming out and then they came out two hours later. 

Guy just makes stuff up and then trades it off as fact. 

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

Here's another one. Maybe DC doesn't want to be involved in TUF.

• Like 1

Yep. Just making stuff up time and time again. 

Either a serial liar or enjoys stirring the pot. Doesn't help the club really when fans are fed misinformation. Before you know it it's FACT. 

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

There has been a very simple and relatively cheap solution literally staring the club and us in the face along:

We need to rent a pad for DC on Parson Cross and we'll be sorted.

Loads of nice new builds there now he’d love it!