STEERING GROUP - Official Matchday Thread

Sheffield Wednesday Steering Group
Friday 9th March 2018
Kick off - early evening

Could be a mildly interesting evening.

Think there are a couple of Owlstalk members going along to have a look at it and see if early indications that it will be utter madness are correct

Tonight I'd expect the chairman, the ceo, and ideally department heads there and that ALL of them can reply to questions and not just the Chairman butting in to answer everything himself and leaving his colleagues sat looking like wet lettuces with no permission to speak.

I also think that it's fair that the Chairman delivers a very positive message at the start of the meeting by covering off all suggestions and points from previous meetings and how they've been taken onboard and delivered.

Furthermore I'd expect that under no circumstances should there be any blaming tonight. No blame of the chairman, CEO, Doyen, agents or fans and that discussions should be constructive, mature, calm and reasoned.

Most of all though that the Chairman doesn't dominate proceedings in every way, because you can't get steered in the right direction if you've got headphones on and aren't listening to the backseat drivers

Owlstalk Shop

Do you think DC will have the bottle to turn up or do you think he will send KM in his stead to take the expected flack.

On a positive note we are nearly at 11am and the club have not made any gaff today yet? lol 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Do you think DC will have the bottle to turn up or do you think he will send KM in his stead to take the expected flack.

On a positive note we are nearly at 11am and the club have not made any gaff today yet? lol 

That we know of!!

My thought is DC will say

- He's already answered questions about Doyen in his Q&A's earlier this season. 

- Hirst situation again already explained.

- Players not playing are injured

And nothing contractually stopping us playing players.

That some of what i think he'll say but I can the overral fan base not being happy with the depth of his answers 

1 minute ago, ReginaldD said:

My thought is DC will say

- He's already answered questions about Doyen in his Q&A's earlier this season. 

- Hirst situation again already explained.

- Players not playing are injured

And nothing contractually stopping us playing players.

That some of what i think he'll say but I can the overral fan base not being happy with the depth of his answers 

But the steering group are guaranteed to clap like seals.

• Haha 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It could actually be a good idea if all the fan attendees met in the pub beforehand and planned out their questions

Things like "what WAS that questionnaire all about and how on earth are you going to deliver what the fans voted for??"

Or got hammered before the meeting. Would make it much more interesting. 

• Haha 4

Also announcement that we'll be playing in stripes next. New shirt will be worn for the last home game and available to buy in June. 

The shirts are currently being stitched by mermaids and the gaffer will wear a coat of complete unicorn fur next season 

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Imagine if when you get in there. Chansiri is sat on a table and next to him either side are Clare and Hirst and they have pens in their hands signing new deals.

You will not be at the Steering Group Meeting you will have gone to the Wednesday Tap for the pre match beers WTF:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It could actually be a good idea if all the fan attendees met in the pub beforehand and planned out their questions

Things like "what WAS that questionnaire all about and how on earth are you going to deliver what the fans voted for??"

Everyone who doesn't have a good question planned has to have a shot of tequila for every crap question they are planning.

Be awesome.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

But the steering group are guaranteed to clap like seals.

Probably to extent though as @OWLSTALK says the meeting needs to be constructive. I wouldn't want it to descend into an argumentative meeting but also need total transparency from senior figures.

Those senior figures publicly stating mistakes have been made as well as bad luck would probably help. 

3 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Friday - "Look at how much he cares about the club, he was still there answering questions at 3 in the morning confirming we will make next seasons kit less fitted so fattys can buy one"

Saturday - 'Sheffield Wednesday 0 Bolton 1'

Its not fatties mate its child bearing hips - for guys.

• Like 1