STEERING GROUP - Official Matchday Thread

9 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Have you seen the performances this year?!?!?!?!

Seriously - the very definition of obstroculous (obstropolous)...... :)

You've replied to one post I made twice in this thread, having a little dig at me on both occasions. Neither of your posts have provided any evidence in relation to your initial post having been questioned for evidential facts about how the owner is having continued major impact into first team selections.

Yes I have seen the performances this year, no one thinks they have been good enough, is it as a result of the owner picking the side? Please provide some proof.

I saw the performances in 2009-10, I saw how the new man came in with a new broom to sweep out the old regime. I saw articles like this suggesting a more positive future: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/07/sheffield_wednesdays_man_with.html I saw him appoint Alan Irvine and keep faith in him after relegation........

I saw someone take credit for securing the future of the club by welcoming in Milan Mandaric, I later saw the same person take a step back from this after being more critical of MM's era.

You see, it's easy to take a position and be very critical of someone at the helm when things aren't going so well, regardless of what they are trying to achieve. 

9 hours ago, Arthur Bach said:

I'd like to make on post on this thread offering nothing more than whole-hearted support and faith in certain posters who I can gaurantee are totally independent of any given 'faction' and register complete shock that they are being accused and sullied in such a way by someone who needs to take a long, hard look at himself and his conduct.

Absolute staggered that these kind of cheap, lazy and now out-dated associations are being made in order to build a defence.

sonofbert2, SiJ, Hirstyboywonder, Jowl quite frankly deserve better than this on an independent forum.

Appreciate it. All I have ever done i give my opinion, I have not or never have had any agenda, hidden or otherwise. I don't think I am right every time and often appreciate an alternative response to my opinions that give a different viewpoint that I haven't considered. 

I certainly don't think the sun shines out of anyone's backside in respect of running our club and was critical of supporters who tried to drown out others who were keen to ask probing or difficult questions of the clubs representatives on Friday evening. DC has made errors as all owners & chairman do past and present at our club and every club up and down the land. I believe he is acting with the best intentions for our club and while I don't agree with every response he gave in the meeting I don' t think he is a liar and have only asked for some proof from those who suggest this.  

28 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You've replied to one post I made twice in this thread, having a little dig at me on both occasions. Neither of your posts have provided any evidence in relation to your initial post having been questioned for evidential facts about how the owner is having continued major impact into first team selections.

Yes I have seen the performances this year, no one thinks they have been good enough, is it as a result of the owner picking the side? Please provide some proof.

I saw the performances in 2009-10, I saw how the new man came in with a new broom to sweep out the old regime. I saw articles like this suggesting a more positive future: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/07/sheffield_wednesdays_man_with.html I saw him appoint Alan Irvine and keep faith in him after relegation........

I saw someone take credit for securing the future of the club by welcoming in Milan Mandaric, I later saw the same person take a step back from this after being more critical of MM's era.

You see, it's easy to take a position and be very critical of someone at the helm when things aren't going so well, regardless of what they are trying to achieve. 

Spot on. 

All we've had so far is the team numbers...which is a world away from picking the team, tactics etc. 

I'll continue to question anyone (don't care if it's a run of the mill fan or an ex-chairman) when they make such vague claims. 

When Chansiri is in the country he comes into the dressing room before and after a match to speak to the players.

Don't know if that's considered interfering or not. Might just be wishing them a good game or patting them on the back afterwards. Or he might be shouting tactics at them. Who knows. Is this common practice for an owner?

lol 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

When Chansiri is in the country he comes into the dressing room before and after a match to speak to the players.

Don't know if that's considered interfering or not. Might just be wishing them a good game or patting them on the back afterwards. Or he might be shouting tactics at them. Who knows. Is this common practice for an owner?

lol 

That's fine on special occasions, the rest of the time he needs telling to fizz off out of it.

28 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Seriously???

Where have I ever said that Chansiri is picking the team? I am saying his MO undermines the normal management of a football club and can not be sucessful. This includes breaking the chain of commeand and utilising an agent instead of a club aligned DoF.

Referencing a conversation after a match and clearly stating that it had nothing to do with what MM subsequently did is not taking credit for anything, suggesting so is just nuts.

&

You think I appointed Alan Irvine, me one of 5 votes taking direction from Howard Wilkinson???

&

I wasn't there after we were relegated......

If you think its right to take a contrarian position based on the opposite of the facts then you are living in Trumps reality......

Seriously this is what you call reasonable debate?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

lol 

No it is not, it breaks the chain of command undermining the manager.

I spoke with the manager before and after a game wishing them well and then congratulating or commiserating them (always setting aside my opwn personal feelings in the given situation), never spoke to the players around game time.

31 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Seriously???

Where have I ever said that Chansiri is picking the team? I am saying his MO undermines the normal management of a football club and can not be sucessful. This includes breaking the chain of commeand and utilising an agent instead of a club aligned DoF.

Referencing a conversation after a match and clearly stating that it had nothing to do with what MM subsequently did is not taking credit for anything, suggesting so is just nuts.

&

You think I appointed Alan Irvine, me one of 5 votes taking direction from Howard Wilkinson???

&

If you think its right to take a contrarian position based on the opposite of the facts then you are living in Trumps reality......

Oh no, serious debate is what you have been giving us all over the past couple of days right......................................

23 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

One reply to the logins of cashley and the lost in france mob that have once again surfaced in the last couple of pages - it really is pathetic how you guys continue to lie and misrepresent what actually happened in 2009 / 10 but then you never had any integrity did you......

23 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Calling bullshite on that one. go on then give me your examples of many and many?

Just one more for you, the answer to Neils question earlier in this thread is Dejphon Chansiri.

22 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

You have been trolling me for nine years dude - it really is pathetic.....

hypocrite.....

Autistic memory, all of the logins used by Ben Alen and his  mentalist mate plus cashley and the caskateers are burnt into my brain due to the abuse. They are also a dead giveaway as the come up with the same garbage every time, all of which is completely unrepresentative of the truth and facts.

&

Why are you being so obstroculus?

21 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

lol - my bad, meant to type 'obstropolous'

21 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Every time I do that Neil deletes the thread :)

.....your a bright chap I think you can work it out for yourself anyway......

31 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

No it is not, it breaks the chain of command undermining the manager.

I spoke with the manager before and after a game wishing them well and then congratulating or commiserating them (always setting aside my opwn personal feelings in the given situation), never spoke to the players around game time.

The current manager walked out of his job at a major German side after a few days and he is known as a disciplinarian, do you think he would sit back and allow this if he felt in undermined him? 

40 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Seriously???

&

&

Sorry, my bad. Forgot that you resigned after that failure. Left us in a good position though right?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sheffield-wednesday/7733597/Howard-Wilkinson-replaces-Lee-Strafford-as-interim-Sheffield-Wednesday-chairman.html

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

There has been a very simple and relatively cheap solution literally staring the club and us in the face along:

We need to rent a pad for DC on Parson Cross and we'll be sorted.

You must really hate him. 

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sorry, my bad. Forgot that you resigned after that failure. Left us in a good position though right?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sheffield-wednesday/7733597/Howard-Wilkinson-replaces-Lee-Strafford-as-interim-Sheffield-Wednesday-chairman.html

So how big does typing that garbage make you feel?

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Same old story

Lee logs on and same people go straight for the scalp

Sad times

Don't wanna stifle debate but it's just tedious as it's so polarised nothing is gonna shift

He came into this thread and insinuated a regime where the chairman controls too many aspects that directly affect the first team. When asked for proof he has been personal against 1 or 2 posters - others would be pulled up on this - and in the few subsequent posts where he has responded to being repeatedly asked to prove his point the debate has continued. 

He has not replied to my last post about how our he views our manager as being in a weak/compromised position.

When he logs on and has a go at how the current chairman is running things it can't be a surprise that his time as Chairman is referenced.

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Same old story

Lee logs on and same people go straight for the scalp

Sad times

Don't wanna stifle debate but it's just tedious as it's so polarised nothing is gonna shift

A bit sad Really.

Very rare to get someone with such insight prepared to engage, yet they still prefer to attack the poster rather than discuss the post.

It's the Achilles heal of Owlstalk. 

29 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

So how big does typing that garbage make you feel?

It doesn't make me feel big at all, not sure what you are implying. When I think back to that period, feeling big about anything is the last thing that springs to mind. As for it being garbage, I haven't actually said anything other than it was a period of failure - relegation is failure - after which you resigned. I then referenced an article which includes an official statement from you.

Please tell me which part of the post you replied to is 'garbage'?

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

A bit sad Really.

Very rare to get someone with such insight prepared to engage, yet they still prefer to attack the poster rather than discuss the post.

It's the Achilles heal of Owlstalk. 

It was same when we had players log on and post - people immediately attacked them instead of engaging in a friendly way

Only exception ironically was when Kaven Walker logged on and posted that night and everyone just had a right laugh with him

lol

How mad is that?

ha ha

Owlstalk Shop