Extending Season Ticket Aaarrrgghhh!

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

No he isn’t!

Genuinely, have I missed something ?  I haven't researched it but I thought he ran several businesses, including the largest Tuna Company in Asia ? I know some believe he was funded with substantial sums of money by family members, but even so, if he's running massive company's he's got to know what he's doing commercially.

2 hours ago, Hookowl said:

All I can find is this to say he is a business man, doesn't say how successful though.

Dejphon Chansiri is a distinguished businessman in Thailand. The 46-year-old, who hails from Bangkok, owns companies in real estate and construction.

So he could own a caravan and build tree houses ? 

3 hours ago, hogster said:

I have been attempting to get through to extend my three year season ticket this afternoon for over two hours, for matchday tickets press 1 for any other enquiries please press 2 has been heard many many times.  Eventually you loop round to an American voice informing you that your call cannot be completed at this time and you should check the number you have dialled.

On the one occasion where i rebelled against the press 2 option and pressed 1 I was told sorry mate we cant do anything for you here you'll have to press 2.

I dont think I am going to bother now.

All in all an experience that reflects the current status of the club, half baked and frustrating.

Consistency is an admirable quality. Consistently half baked. That's Wednesday. 

37 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Genuinely, have I missed something ?  I haven't researched it but I thought he ran several businesses, including the largest Tuna Company in Asia ? I know some believe he was funded with substantial sums of money by family members, but even so, if he's running massive company's he's got to know what he's doing commercially.

He has nothing to do with the running of it.

he is a very minor shareholder.

4 hours ago, doubleo said:

This is what really surprises me. Mr C is a successful businessman. I can understand him not getting things right on the playing side, but when he arrived I thought the commercial side would have been sorted pronto. The debacle with the Anniversary Kit really sums it up. I know she has alot on her plate but I hope KM can get around to sorting this sort of thing.

Successful businessmen dont get badly advised as many times as our Chairman has.

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

Thai union food is owned by the Chansiri family, set up by his father and his brother has been the lead family member of the business for a while based on my short research.

http://www.thaiunion.com/en/about/people/global-leadership-team/393/mr-thiraphong-chansiri

This one worth reading too, basically DC has no management role in Thai Union Foods

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/Thai-tycoon-buys-Sheffield-Wednesday-for-Bt1-56-bn-30253095.html?

I'd assume as most families if we had a business worth billions would give Dejphon as part of the family a share though yet to see any details of success DC has had independently. 

14 hours ago, m77owl said:

Same last year. I would have got a multi year ticket but gave up and bought a one year instead. That might have been a smart move the way it is going.

The multi year tickets weren't on sale last year it was two years ago and next year is the final year...no wonder you didn't manage to get one lol

14 hours ago, hogster said:

I have been attempting to get through to extend my three year season ticket this afternoon for over two hours, for matchday tickets press 1 for any other enquiries please press 2 has been heard many many times.  Eventually you loop round to an American voice informing you that your call cannot be completed at this time and you should check the number you have dialled.

On the one occasion where i rebelled against the press 2 option and pressed 1 I was told sorry mate we cant do anything for you here you'll have to press 2.

I dont think I am going to bother now.

All in all an experience that reflects the current status of the club, half baked and frustrating.

Back in the days the ticket office were really shocking. Its not bad compared to them days.

8 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

Thai union food is owned by the Chansiri family, set up by his father and his brother has been the lead family member of the business for a while based on my short research.

http://www.thaiunion.com/en/about/people/global-leadership-team/393/mr-thiraphong-chansiri

This one worth reading too, basically DC has no management role in Thai Union Foods

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/Thai-tycoon-buys-Sheffield-Wednesday-for-Bt1-56-bn-30253095.html?

I'd assume as most families if we had a business worth billions would give Dejphon as part of the family a share though yet to see any details of success DC has had independently. 

Yes mate, but he's in OK shape to buy a round or two aint he.

13 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

It's never ending. In the other thread about season ticket renewals there's been a side discussion about the Bolton game being £20 a ticket in an attempt to get the lapsed or occassional fan back at the weekend. A couple of us have commented that we've only known about it because people have told us here. Going to the Wednesday website and there's no sign of it. Nothing on the front page, no easy link to get to the right ticket page, etc.

The club's a disgrace organisationally; no wonder it doesn't make a profit - they actually make it difficult for us to spend money with them! :ghoulguy:

This sort of stuff is so easy to get right. There should be a big banner this week, the first thing you see on the website homepage, pushing the £20 Bolton tickets. Instead it’s a fairly subtle banner 2-3 scrolls down the page (I’m on a mobile) beneath a gallery of photo stills from the Ipswich game and a banner ad for storage. Commercial suicide. 

13 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

But... but... Daddy gave him lots of jobs to do in his Tuna factory.

In all seriousness, open question to anyone, where is the evidence that Chansiri is a successful businessman, in his own right and independent of his family?

I keep banging on about this.

People keep quoting the "fact" that he is a successful businessman so he knows what he is doing.

Their is zero evidence on both counts!

9 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

His family

Thanks to the pair of you for that. I'm just having problems getting my head around it. I can understand a wealthy family making sure other family members are ok financially - same as I would do if I won the lottery. But if that family member kept squandering vast sums of money on dubious projects, eventually I'd say "no more". IF that's the case, and we are one of Mr C's projects, then the clocks ticking. I've supported Mr C, and I'm still with him, at the moment, but I've never been able to understand WHY he chose us - no connection with the club, no connection with the City, no particular knowledge of the game. Actions speak louder than words so it's a question of watch this space I suppose.