WHO WOULD HAVE BELIEVED IT .................................

Back in the late 60s when I started watching SWFC.......... If you had said yeah in the future we will be in a league below Bournemouth 

Brighton and Swansea.....Losing matches against Yeovil Town and Stevenage Borough to name but a few teams we'd never even heard 

of then.......... They would have thought you had just escaped from the asylum..... what a sad state of affairs our precious club has come to.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, Samurai Blue said:

Well I have even worse news. In 2054 we're going to lose to Wibble Wanderers and London Galactic.

And we will still be waiting for the 2019 home shirt to arrive.

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

To be fair if you'd said we'd spunk 40 million, abandon stripes and be relegated to the third tier in our anniversary celebration year, I'd have called you mentalist.

And that was just last year lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

To be fair if you'd said we'd spunk 40 million, abandon stripes and be relegated to the third tier in our anniversary celebration year, I'd have called you mentalist.

We abandoned stripes in the 60s too, and spunked 10s of pounds on players 

1 hour ago, attyjake said:

Back in the late 60s when I started watching SWFC.......... If you had said yeah in the future we will be in a league below Bournemouth 

Brighton and Swansea.....Losing matches against Yeovil Town and Stevenage Borough to name but a few teams we'd never even heard 

of then.......... They would have thought you had just escaped from the asylum..... what a sad state of affairs our precious club has come to.

I bet arsenals agreeing with the Brighton one at the moment 

Doesn't really make any sense this!

In the period since the 60s we've been higher, lower, in between, most of these clubs and numerous others like them, as have Man City, Man Utd and other luminaries at times in their recent history.

Not sure why you flag this up, when remembering the "Save our Owls" season (and others) this train wreck of a season would have been a high point by comparison.

Also Swansea were a solid top division outfit for a good few years & Brighton dumped us out of the semi's a few years ago & Bournemouth are there by merit & good on em. 

• Like 1

you're correct, but other than finance, what else has brought us to this present place?

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

tbh as a long time wednesday supporter, the £40m takes some believing, but the stripes not so, and the latter has (sadly) been more par for the course.

21 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Doesn't really make any sense this!

In the period since the 60s we've been higher, lower, in between, most of these clubs and numerous others like them, as have Man City, Man Utd and other luminaries at times in their recent history.

Not sure why you flag this up, when remembering the "Save our Owls" season (and others) this train wreck of a season would have been a high point by comparison.

Also Swansea were a solid top division outfit for a good few years & Brighton dumped us out of the semi's a few years ago & Bournemouth are there by merit & good on em. 

Dont forget you only have to go back to the 90’s when clubs like Oldham, Notts County, Swindon etc were global icons of the new Premier League and idolised world over on manager games and in sticker books etc.

And Norwich City were European talents!

Football has always been a great mixing pot, that’s why betting on it is big business and always has been, as Wednesday know too well...