GEORGE HIRST SCORES ON RETURN TO SWFC TEAM!!

6 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

He's hardly the second coming of Messi, I don't get the whole palaver around him. If he doesn't want to be here then get rid, rather give someone else a chance.

He was arguably England’s best striker at under 18 level. Scored 40 goals last season. 

If we don’t try to keep hold of the talented young players then we may as well shut the academy as if you ain’t producing players to potentially be in the first team then what’s the point 

Edited by Southie_Owl

When he does leave i hope he goes to a Premiership club and not a rival Championship club. Will be crap enough seeing him do well (which i think he will) but if it was somewhere like Leeds for example that would really be a kick in the balls that we werent able to keep him for whatever reason.

Edited by WalthamOwl

9 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

He's hardly the second coming of Messi, I don't get the whole palaver around him. If he doesn't want to be here then get rid, rather give someone else a chance.

How often will a potential homegrown talent like George come along , he scores goals for fun , his Dad was awesome , the lad carries on improving and he’s worth his weight in gold , I want him to stay because he is a natural goal scorer , something we need bigtime .

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Unless the CEO can thaw the frosty standoff

That's what I've been thinking.

We don't know the exact situation and there's always more than one side to a story, but our CEO does have a history of selling young players for a good profit.

Maybe Jos has told Chansiri he wants to see what the lad has got, maybe the CEO has thought the same.

My opinion is that Hirst is going to get every chance for the rest of this season, and that includes first team football. Prove yourself and we'll sit down in the summer. Want to leave? Then the club will capitalise on the increased exposure and therefore push up the tribunal price.

8 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

He was arguably England’s best striker at under 18 level. Scored 40 goals last season. 

If we don’t try to keep hold of the talented young players then we may as well shut the academy as if you ain’t producing players to potentially be in the first team then what’s the point 

Spot on 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The only reason Clare and Hirst are involved is down to Jos and the injury crisis. If Chansiri had his way both would be training on their own and not involved with either the first team or the under 23s.

You'd have been better fitted called SallySpeculation than SallyCinnamon

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The only reason Clare and Hirst are involved is down to Jos and the injury crisis. If Chansiri had his way both would be training on their own and not involved with either the first team or the under 23s.

And you know that how?