GEORGE HIRST SCORES ON RETURN TO SWFC TEAM!!

There’s so many factors involved in negotiating contracts, some mud has obviously been slung in all directions here and I’ve made my own opinion known about wether the club should bow to possible demands based on what the chairman said , which I have no reason to believe was anything other than the truth 

For people to suggest the chairman doesn’t want him involved is a bit wild ... if that was the case and the reason he didn’t feature under CC then I don’t see for a second why it would change now under Luhukay, Meire will ultimately do whatever she’s told to by the owner 

52 minutes ago, neo hippy said:

He probably is. If someone is willing to pay then he certainly is.

Sadly we can't match it and so he's off somewhere else

I'd rather we'd have chucked 10k a week at Hirst for 4 years than £10m and 40k a week on Rhodes. I've no idea of actual figures btw.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Oh right, so DC didn't think he was good enough?

What you on about? DC doesn't like players who don't sign contracts. Reluctantly lets them back into the fold when we have an injury crisis. Personally find it ridiculous that Hirst has been frozen out for so long, the lad hasn't actively refused to play. 

If Clare doesn't start tomorrow I think that says a lot. Personally hope he does.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
7 minutes ago, briggowl said:

I'd rather we'd have chucked 10k a week at Hirst for 4 years than £10m and 40k a week on Rhodes. I've no idea of actual figures btw.

Both too much IMO

Guest Grez Bez
8 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Easy to say in hindsight!

28 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

All speculation, no one except DC, KM and GH know the situation BUT this is the best bit of positive news we've had for a long time and already the sceptics are dismissing it.

Come on guys, let's see how it develops.

Hopefully to all our advantage, I'd would like to think.

Exactly. We seem to have people on here who think they know all about this situation. I don't think they do. We have a new CEO and a new manager who has said if they're good enough they're old enough!  GH claims he's older and wiser. Should he be on the bench or involved tomorrow in front of a big crowd he may well have second thoughts. There could well be further negotiations, we just don't know. it's definitely positive news.