Consilio et Animis - really?

3 hours ago, steelowl said:

This isn't a slag off of Jos thread I've defended his efforts so far whilst recognising he messed up last night

This is commonly thought to mean By Wisdom and Courage   (although I can't get a basic latin translator on google to say that)

well there wasn't much of either on show last night apparently  

so I was thinking to lighten the mood a bit how about an alternative latin logo competition 

As we are on a club  Owlstalk sponsored positivity drive the most plusses wins in the event of a tie @Owlstalk can be the arbiter and I 'd like to think that the winner of the most apt and funniest will get a prize - err don't hold yer breath 

I used this https://en.eprevodilac.com/prevodilac-engleski-latinski

but other prob better translators are available for those like myself  that didn't do it a school 

nostris semper civitas

Just a note about the current Latin motto... it does indeed translate to roughly something like by wisdom and courage. The by is omitted because you can get it by the case used (the word endings in latin). Translating from Latin can be a pain in the arse but with a knowledge of cases and a proper dictionary it is fun. This phrase was the first thing I translated when I did my year of Latin.

Edited by Havin-a-hoot
Phone is a piece of poo

3 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

MLS fixtures out yet ??

March 4th opener against Montreal.  Hoping the Caps have a better season than the Owls.. sheesh

Few of us Owls are ST holders (even one or two Blades...  not really sure I want to discuss Sheffield footy with the Blades fans this season though....)  ;-)

13 hours ago, steelowl said:

it's all going to pot this idea ffs   but I'm p*ssing myself laughing   and run right out of tenna ladies 

I know I'll use the cheaper ones - boomtish 

get  fiva ladies two lots for the price of 1   lol 

Edited by trevdi9

13 hours ago, Whitecap Owl said:

March 4th opener against Montreal.  Hoping the Caps have a better season than the Owls.. sheesh

Few of us Owls are ST holders (even one or two Blades...  not really sure I want to discuss Sheffield footy with the Blades fans this season though....)  ;-)

Yes I was a season ticket holder for a few years also, then I moved to North Saanich. Don't think I'm the only Owl in the area I've seen a car in Sidney with Owls stickers on it.

Russian Warship.... Go fxxk yourselves.