Consilio et Animis - really?

This isn't a slag off of Jos thread I've defended his efforts so far whilst recognising he messed up last night

This is commonly thought to mean By Wisdom and Courage   (although I can't get a basic latin translator on google to say that)

well there wasn't much of either on show last night apparently  

so I was thinking to lighten the mood a bit how about an alternative latin logo competition 

As we are on a club  Owlstalk sponsored positivity drive the most plusses wins in the event of a tie @Owlstalk can be the arbiter and I 'd like to think that the winner of the most apt and funniest will get a prize - err don't hold yer breath 

I used this https://en.eprevodilac.com/prevodilac-engleski-latinski

but other prob better translators are available for those like myself  that didn't do it a school 

nostris semper civitas

• Like 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

This isn't a slag off of Jos thread I've defended his efforts so far whilst recognising he messed up last night

This is commonly thought to mean By Wisdom and Courage   (although I can't get a basic latin translator on google to say that)

well there wasn't much of either on show last night apparently  

so I was thinking to lighten the mood a bit how about an alternative latin logo competition 

As we are on a club  Owlstalk sponsored positivity drive the most plusses wins in the event of a tie @Owlstalk can be the arbiter and I 'd like to think that the winner of the most apt and funniest will get a prize - err don't hold yer breath 

I used this https://en.eprevodilac.com/prevodilac-engleski-latinski

but other prob better translators are available for those like myself  that didn't do it a school 

nostris semper civitas

Using your own translator this says "The state had always to our"