Terrible Team Selection

Guest We Shall Overcome

1 minute ago, Arthur Bach said:

Even during our darkest days, even when David Graham and Ola Tidman lined up when the clock struck 3 o'clock I always approached the game like we could beat anybody. The whistle blew and it was a clean slate.

I would like to think that that kind of attitude could extend within Owlstalk for the few minutes before we play - when the whistle blows for full time the inquest can start in earnest.

Otherwise, whats the point?

Its the opposite of your optimistic outlook Arthur...Some folk are different and prepare themselves for disappointment...I can understand that....Its like a comfort blanket....

For me, the team selection was right. Result was a fair one and either side could've nicked it.

It's all very well judging Swansea on how they played, and saying with a different selection we might've scored...  but they played the way they did, in part BECAUSE of our line up. 

They'd have preferred a more open game.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Its the opposite of your optimistic outlook Arthur...Some folk are different and prepare themselves for disappointment...I can understand that....Its like a comfort blanket....

Its not about being positive in a literal sense, I am totally tuned in to our shortcomings both now and historically.

When David Graham and Ola Tidman used to line up I was fully aware some minnow club were going to put 3 past us - but it's an unspoken respect for the game that you allow the manager and players, who have earned their right to play, to give us the 'ammunition' of critique.

But the petulant and entitled manner that fans of ALL clubs now conduct themselves means that the individual ego of a fan is means much more than the collective result.

It was the same on Tuesday. We won, but for some we didn't do it the 'right' way.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Even during our darkest days, even when David Graham and Ola Tidman lined up when the clock struck 3 o'clock I always approached the game like we could beat anybody. The whistle blew and it was a clean slate.

I would like to think that that kind of attitude could extend within Owlstalk for the few minutes before we play - when the whistle blows for full time the inquest can start in earnest.

Otherwise, whats the point?

David Graham jeez thought I'd erased him from my memory.

Those were the days and I'm surprised certain posters survived those days.

Let's trust Jos with team selections although I'm not happy with a midweek Swansea trip ffs.

3 hours ago, WE SHALL OVERCOME said:

Your next game is always your most important, and to start today with no attacking threat is scandalous, we are at home in the 5th round of the FA CUP, to a team Coached by a manager who was negotiating with 'Swansea' while we where dropping down the league,so any hope of a little bit of satisfaction, in beating the "BULLSHITERS TEAM". has gone out of the window, and to those that will say he is saving players for Tuesday there is no guarantee we will win at Millwall who ever starts. P.S. did Carvalhal tell Jos who to play?.  

3 hours ago, House Stark said:

A flipping dogshit on toast of a line up!

would normally have just negged ya but since i cant i guess i have to quote you to tell you what a load of foookin poopoo you talk

5 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Its not about being positive in a literal sense, I am totally tuned in to our shortcomings both now and historically.

When David Graham and Ola Tidman used to line up I was fully aware some minnow club were going to put 3 past us - but it's an unspoken respect for the game that you allow the manager and players, who have earned their right to play, to give us the 'ammunition' of critique.

But the petulant and entitled manner that fans of ALL clubs now conduct themselves means that the individual ego of a fan is means much more than the collective result.

It was the same on Tuesday. We won, but for some we didn't do it the 'right' way.

Its the way its gone now mate....the whole immediacy of it....

Its like having a post mortem while the "corpse" is still askin' 

"Whats up"

• Haha 2

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

Why ? Does he need a rest ? From what ? 

Got to be risk of injury hasn't it?

I disagree because I doubt we will go down....Jos has even a mostly second string dead steady....So as players come back, I would expect us to gain more points....

Chance of a good cup run has been lessened cos we have to do it at their place now...

We have more than likely blown a very good chance of progressing today . That line up and the way we set out to play was like watching a Carlos side . Not enough ambition by us , we were the home side  and it just wasnt good enough for me , we had the first 20 minutes then they were the better team . We just didn’t do enough to score never mind win !! Very frustrated with that today . 

I also would have preferred a team with more explicit threat up front.  But then again in the ongoing crisis that really means Joao and Joao only.  And the counterfactual is not simply that we might have been more likely to score, but also that we might have been more likely to concede.  

Credit to both Butterfield and Fox today, who are both long odd for player of the season, but had solid if unspectacular games.