Terrible Team Selection

Guest We Shall Overcome

1 minute ago, Arthur Bach said:

The poster couldn't even wait until the final whistle to honour us with his tactical prowess.

At least it wasn't all hindsight then lol

Its a football forum.....

I think we could have won that if we had started Joao...What now?..in trying to save players for the championship we give every f.ooker a game extra?

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

At least it wasn't all hindsight then lol

Its a football forum.....

I think we could have won that if we had started Joao...What now?..in trying to save players for the championship we give every f.ooker a game extra?

The issue was never about the actual team selection, it's about the salivating habit of creating dedicated threads, half an hour before kick-off, basically writing off the manager, the team and the game itself.

As I suggested, this behaviour has increased due to a small number of insistant fans who have reputations to uphold constantly digging and sniding at the overall hierachy of the club.

Theres a nasty habit thats formed in which it seems 'trendy' to give the club a bit of a kicking.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Arthur Bach said:

The issue was never about the actual team selection, it's about the salivating habit of creating dedicated threads, half an hour before kick-off, basically writing off the manager, the team and the game itself.

As I suggested, this behaviour has increased due to a small number of insistant fans who have reputations to uphold constantly digging and sniding at the overall hierachy of the club.

Theres a nasty habit thats formed in which it seems 'trendy' to give the club a bit of a kicking.

Its a calculated pre emptive strike mate.....Same as me ..If I suddenly shouted for the head of Jos....I would probably be right in the long run...This is just a shorter form of the same thing....

2 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

It was difficult for Jos today as we have a lot of games in a short period of time and our options are limited due to injury situation. To give a couple of players a rest today was good thinking in my view and I think we played better than many of us expected, at least in the first half.

This.

I was disappointed that Joao didn’t start today, but I trust the manager.

Just now, Wakefield owl said:

Perhaps a reflection of the position we are in. Hopefully things will improve on all fronts including the debates on here.

It totally will mate

The mod team are dealing with sniping and point scoring in a bid to create a more friendly and positive environment for all Wednesday fans to discuss the team 

Improvements on the pitch will definitely help

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, WE SHALL OVERCOME said:

Your next game is always your most important, and to start today with no attacking threat is scandalous, we are at home in the 5th round of the FA CUP, to a team Coached by a manager who was negotiating with 'Swansea' while we where dropping down the league,so any hope of a little bit of satisfaction, in beating the "BULLSHITERS TEAM". has gone out of the window, and to those that will say he is saving players for Tuesday there is no guarantee we will win at Millwall who ever starts. P.S. did Carvalhal tell Jos who to play?.  

You should stop and think for a minute before posting negative rubbish.

When I saw the team, I also was underwhelmed. But looked at the likely formation, I thought it might be quite good. 5-1-3-1 or something like.

Current scapegoats were well accommodated. Fox in the back three: he did very well as centre defender at Derby, and Butterfield as an advanced midfield where any sloppy play would be less catastrophic. I think the team selection was spot on: sufficiently solid, but with ability to break, and Nuhiu to hold the ball up. 

The proof of the pudding, as they say, all six replacements had good to excellent games, particularly first half.

Well done Jos. 

We made 5/6 changes between Barnsley and Derby matches, no one said we weren't taking Derby seriously. Make a similar number between Derby and today's FA Cup game and Radio Sheffield's Staton goes off on one.

We have to rotate the squad when games are in close succession especially when pattern repeats over a couple of weeks.

Small squad at the moment and some of the young players are cup-tied, so needs must and won't be a wonder team!

Relax and be glad that all the players over the last few weeks are working hard, are organised and have a much improved attitude (thinking of Burton game here).

7 clean sheets since that Burton game - really building a foundation.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Its a calculated pre emptive strike mate.....Same as me ..If I suddenly shouted for the head of Jos....I would probably be right in the long run...This is just a shorter form of the same thing....

Even during our darkest days, even when David Graham and Ola Tidman lined up when the clock struck 3 o'clock I always approached the game like we could beat anybody. The whistle blew and it was a clean slate.

I would like to think that that kind of attitude could extend within Owlstalk for the few minutes before we play - when the whistle blows for full time the inquest can start in earnest.

Otherwise, whats the point?