Young George Hirst

2 hours ago, Mclovin said:

if he does sign no point getting on kivos back or anyone who shared what they knew, just embrace any good news that’s coming out of the club right now as I think people behind the scenes are genuinely trying to put a few things right in a disastrous season 

Of course there is no point in getting on at anybody - agreed

Football can, and does, change instantaneously

Whether its good news time will tell - but i'm sure those that saw the impasse from the GH side were only passing on info as they saw fit - no agenda

14 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

So the game of poker is coming to an end?

Sounds like we blinked first. I don’t care so long as we keep young George and see if he can live up to his potential. 

Not sure if anyone blinked as such. I would hope our new CEO had lots to do with it.

Be interested why you think the club backed down though.

On 25/02/2018 at 11:46, Triple O said:

Not sure if anyone blinked as such. I would hope our new CEO had lots to do with it.

Be interested why you think the club backed down though.

The current injury list, the realisation that hey could stand to lose millions if and when he does leave. 

Invariably player power wins and I think this is another example. Now we have to see if he has signed a new contract whether he fulfills his potential with us. 

On 24/02/2018 at 18:47, fingyfop said:

If he has signed, obviously a big praise to the people behind the scenes who have worked it out, but I think probably the biggest factor has to be that George and his Dad/advisors have seen from Jos how well he can develop young players and the chances hes prepared to give, Carlos did a lot of good things for this club but his treatment of youth and fringe players is no way to run a football club if you have any long term ambitions

I always though it was Carlos' refusal to play these players that was holding back negotiations. 

I really hope the rumours are true and the delay is because we wanna announce Clare at the same time. 

Just now, Reallondonowl said:

I have refrained from playing "i told you so" as you are doing enough for everyonelol

Has anything actually happened re the signature though ?  Yes we are now utilising a contracted asset through dire necessity but are we going to reach a deal? hope so