Owlstalk at it's very best! Target SMASSSSHED!!

It's taken 33 years & 8 months of literally blood (& lots of it) sweat, tears, a hell of a lot of fight & buckets & buckets of determination.. Years in hospital... (& I mean years)...
66 major operations, multiple bouts of sepsis, peritonitis, anaemia & lots & lots of line infections, failed operations, years of tube feeding, years of intravenous feeding.... A catalogue of errors, a multitude of battles with numerous senior drs, nurses, surgeons & hospital administrators... 
I've lost count of the times I've had to kick, shout, scream & stamp my feet at people...I've been doubted.. I've not really been given much hope.. I was expected to DIE lots of times...
I've never fitted into the neat little tick box the NHS system likes to be able to put u into... 
But through it all I've defied multiple odds, I've proved people wrong, I've stood tall when no-one could think I could.
I've found strength when most would have simply given up (with just cause)... 
To live my life you can't do half measures... You can't turn & run cos if you do?... You DIE! Simple as that!
I've faced fear multiple times,
I've taken risks with the odds stacked against me..
I've given everything I have to be where I am today... & I sure as hell wouldn't have met my amazing wife Lisa, who I love with all my heart!... back in 1990...
Yes I can be crazy at times...
Yes I can be a stubborn poopydoo...
Yes I can be argumentative & combative... 
But without that.. I wouldn't be who I am today... 
From the way I was born... & Everything I have been through.. all the fights.. all the blood, sweat & tears.. all the determination...all the exhaustive long drawn out extensive battles..  all the years in hospital.. it's shaped the person you'd see today! The person who despite all this has tried to NEVER LET IT DEFINE ME! 
Now here we are.. after 9 months of more fighting.. proving points I've proved many times before & standing my ground... 
SO TOMORROW THE DAY I finally go live on the TRANSPLANT LIST... For a Small Bowel, Abdominal Wall, & maybe Large Bowel as well... My life is now hanging on a phone call.. a phone call that can change my life forever! Am I scared... Yes... Am I nervous... Yes.. it wouldn't be natural not to be... But like I have before... I'm gonna face this head on.. give it everything I've got...& Get through this... I haven't got this far in life to give up now! & I don't intend to! I have a reason to live! I have a reason to fight! Thank you! For all your help & support X special thanks to @trevdi9 @Spencerowl xx

• Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Rixtermoate said:

It's taken 33 years & 8 months of literally blood (& lots of it) sweat, tears, a hell of a lot of fight & buckets & buckets of determination.. Years in hospital... (& I mean years)...
66 major operations, multiple bouts of sepsis, peritonitis, anaemia & lots & lots of line infections, failed operations, years of tube feeding, years of intravenous feeding.... A catalogue of errors, a multitude of battles with numerous senior drs, nurses, surgeons & hospital administrators... 
I've lost count of the times I've had to kick, shout, scream & stamp my feet at people...I've been doubted.. I've not really been given much hope.. I was expected to DIE lots of times...
I've never fitted into the neat little tick box the NHS system likes to be able to put u into... 
But through it all I've defied multiple odds, I've proved people wrong, I've stood tall when no-one could think I could.
To live my life you can't do half measures... You can't turn & run cos if you do?... You DIE! Simple as that!
I've given everything I have to be where I am today... & I sure as hell wouldn't have met my amazing wife Lisa, who I love with all my heart!... back in 1990...
From the way I was born... & Everything I have been through.. all the fights.. all the blood, sweat & tears.. all the determination...all the exhaustive long drawn out extensive battles..  all the years in hospital.. it's shaped the person you'd see today! The person who despite all this has tried to NEVER LET IT DEFINE ME! 
Now here we are.. after 9 months of more fighting.. proving points I've proved many times before & standing my ground... 
SO TOMORROW THE DAY I finally go live on the TRANSPLANT LIST... For a Small Bowel, Abdominal Wall, & maybe Large Bowel as well... My life is now hanging on a phone call.. a phone call that can change my life forever! Am I scared... Yes... Am I nervous... Yes.. it wouldn't be natural not to be... But like I have before... I'm gonna face this head on.. give it everything I've got...& Get through this... I haven't got this far in life to give up now! & I don't intend to! I have a reason to live! I have a reason to fight! Thank you! For all your help & support X special thanks to @trevdi9 @Spencerowl xx

All the best matey. I can see you’re a right stubborn sheeite like myself. All power to your elbow. We’re all behind you pal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Rixtermoate said:

foouuckin ell. short sharp shock!

when ya put it like that, when ya give details, it makes me sit up bolt upright in my chair.

i mean, youre the guy that has a problem and you need an op an these guys helped online and you gonna be fixed right? thats how i saw it till this post........ got the radio turned too low to hear now, and to be honest its become kinda irrelevant (though as i speak assombolonga nearly scores...come on Wednesday) 

where was i? dunno, dont even know what point im trying to make.. i guess your post made it real. really real. like a smack in the face.

good luck with everything buddy, you have more bravery in your little finger than i have in total.

• Thanks 1

great post Ricky ,and I think I can talk for all who helped mate  we did it cause we wanted to,  to help a fellow fan and a person in need mate 

,when the time comes for your op ricky we will be there in spirit willing you on ,god bless Ricky keep fighting and winning mate and keep proving em wrong ,

Edited by trevdi9
  • Thanks 1

Having lost a friend last year who didn't survive the wait for a transplant, I'm really hoping Ricky gets his soon.

We need to go down the opt out route for organ donation, people dying needlessly is insane.

p.s.......just had a terrible thought.......sorry if you're reading this Ricky.

Edited by Weshallovercome
  • Like 2