Petrescu, advisors and Wednesday

Guest Hillsborough Mole
27 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

It does clearly say in the article: 

https://www.footballparadise.com/dan-petrescu/

that DC rejected the long term deal and opted to go down deal by deal basis. 

Looks like murky waters though. Little bit worrying! 

It actually says "Timidly at first," - suggesting that a longer term deal and other contractual terms may well have changed as the relationship develops.

The Portuguese guy is still at our club

And Palmer wasnt 'teminated'

3 minutes ago, DazUK said:

It says he signed a 3 year contract.

I thought he was on a yearly rolling contract

We were constantly lied to about CC's contract

After one year here he signed an extension that we were told was for multiple years... 12 months later he's signing yet another here. We were told one thing, but the frequency of contract negotiations flew completely in the face of what we were being told RE length of deal etc... I suspect there's a great deal of "murk" with them too that's been somewhat glossed over or will indeed never be found out. I doubt it was a rolling contract, we were never told this I think it was just something fans said to explain away the yearly contract talks. 

Unfortunately the nature of the Doyen beast means I doubt things were very straightforward in the contract department. Murk. Lots of murk. 

35 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

It actually says "Timidly at first," - suggesting that a longer term deal and other contractual terms may well have changed as the relationship develops.

The Portuguese guy is still at our club

And Palmer wasnt 'teminated'

Ok , but Champions League to a pub team in 2 years looks terminal to me.

• Haha 1

You can’t have the same company advising the chairman, acting for the manager and the players. If that is the case, I don’t know.

Hopefully if we didn’t take up the 3 year deal with the 10m payments in the premier league then most of this isn’t an issue. But it will be interesting to see what the craic is this summer if players are moved on en masse, hopefully we are the ones getting the money.

Edited by Bluesteel

Football needs cleaning up, but whilst ever so much money is swilling around, it will never happen. The game needs another ITV Digital scenario to reboot it. 

Just on us, and Doyen, playing Devils advocate, you could argue they need to do well, for us to do well. It’s well outside their best interests for them to supply us with duff managers and players. I can see why the likes of DC go down the Doyen route. 

23 minutes ago, vulva said:

Football needs cleaning up, but whilst ever so much money is swilling around, it will never happen. The game needs another ITV Digital scenario to reboot it. 

Just on us, and Doyen, playing Devils advocate, you could argue they need to do well, for us to do well. It’s well outside their best interests for them to supply us with duff managers and players. I can see why the likes of DC go down the Doyen route. 

The last part is a fair point - but I still see the multiple conflicts of interest as an issue that trumps the pros of any sort of deal like this. Doyen weren’t going to deliberately give us duff players and managers, but especially on the manager front they would only ever offer us the best from within their client base, which is a pretty restrictive field really. Their involvement with playing staff at the club has hardly been a huge positive - look at the George Hirst debacle. The financial commitments to repay would have also neutered the benefits of promotion slightly.

I find the kind of involvement Doyen have in the sport in general very, very troubling, although, I'm inclined to agree with vulva that you can understand the appeal to Chansiri given his lack of footballing knowledge.

It seems that unlike DC's cautious approach to Doyen, Wolves' owners have signed up for the full package with 'happy ending', and you can see the full power of Doyen with the team that's been assembled at Wolves.

It's hard not to be more than just a little bit envious of Wolves' season so far, but there might well come a point where their relationship with Doyen and all it's on-going fees might be something the Wolves' owners want to get out of - although maybe not; I think DC's aims for Wednesday seem to be different than with the Chinese investors at Wolves for whom it seems to be purely financial. With DC though, it seems also about something that he wants to preside over, get to grips with, and conquer for himself. I get the impression that succeeding at this is something that DC has become very much invested in on a personal level.

The investors at Wolves seem to see Doyen in the way they might see a hedge fund manager, and as things stand right now they're probably very well pleased with the state of affairs.

The sooner CC disentangles himself and the club from "Doyen" activities of any nature, the better. No wonder he does not want to appoint a DoF. Which self respecting person would walk into that lot. There must be a better and cheaper way of doing things. If that is the quality of "advice CC has been getting, no wonder he has his problems.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

We were constantly lied to about CC's contract

After one year here he signed an extension that we were told was for multiple years... 12 months later he's signing yet another here. We were told one thing, but the frequency of contract negotiations flew completely in the face of what we were being told RE length of deal etc... I suspect there's a great deal of "murk" with them too that's been somewhat glossed over or will indeed never be found out. I doubt it was a rolling contract, we were never told this I think it was just something fans said to explain away the yearly contract talks. 

Unfortunately the nature of the Doyen beast means I doubt things were very straightforward in the contract department. Murk. Lots of murk. 

Good post.

We have a lengthy Q & A and DC refuses to say how long the new manager is contracted for.

A 0-0 draw has hidden the stormy times ahead.

19 minutes ago, cowl said:

I find the kind of involvement Doyen have in the sport in general very, very troubling, although, I'm inclined to agree with vulva that you can understand the appeal to Chansiri given his lack of footballing knowledge.

It seems that unlike DC's cautious approach to Doyen, Wolves' owners have signed up for the full package with 'happy ending', and you can see the full power of Doyen with the team that's been assembled at Wolves.

It's hard not to be more than just a little bit envious of Wolves' season so far, but there might well come a point where their relationship with Doyen and all it's on-going fees might be something the Wolves' owners want to get out of - although maybe not; I think DC's aims for Wednesday seem to be different than with the Chinese investors at Wolves for whom it seems to be purely financial. With DC though, it seems also about something that he wants to preside over, get to grips with, and conquer for himself. I get the impression that succeeding at this is something that DC has become very much invested in on a personal level.

The investors at Wolves seem to see Doyen in the way they might see a hedge fund manager, and as things stand right now they're probably very well pleased with the state of affairs.

Just to correct myself here; it's Jorge Mendes, rather than Doyen, that are the main influence at Wolves, but I think the same argument applies.

18 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Strange that during a week of really positive vibes coming from this site about the club someone brings up another Doyen thread...where's that ten bob note when I want it lol 

It's hardly the OP's fault that an article talking intimately about our current owner, previous manager, previous recruitment advisers and previous potential managers was published yesterday.

Or should we just not pay any attention to it because it's a little bit negative?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Good post.

We have a lengthy Q & A and DC refuses to say how long the new manager is contracted for.

A 0-0 draw has hidden the stormy times ahead.

What are you on about I'm chatting about the now departed Carvalhal and Doyen not the now here Luhukay and his complete lack of Doyenness

Guest Hillsborough Mole
23 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Strange that during a week of really positive vibes coming from this site about the club someone brings up another Doyen thread...where's that ten bob note when I want it lol 

Strange that you should drop into a thread clearly identified in the title, amongst the many positive threads, to tell people they shouldn't be talking about something that could be perceived as negative.