Bragging about averaging 30,000?

1 hour ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

That's my point.

They were the ones that restricted the away allocation for derbies years ago and now we are in a position where both teams get a pathetic allocation of 2k. It all stems from their desperation to get one up on our support. 

McCabe admitted it in an article and I thought it was tongue in cheek, until an employee of the club showed me. They replaced Wednesday with 'Tuesday b' instead. This was some years ago now so not sure if they still do it.

Tuesday v2.0 would have been more "with it" imho...uto...FTB.

FFS.

3 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

That's my point.

They were the ones that restricted the away allocation for derbies years ago and now we are in a position where both teams get a pathetic allocation of 2k. It all stems from their desperation to get one up on our support. 

McCabe admitted it in an article and I thought it was tongue in cheek, until an employee of the club showed me. They replaced Wednesday with 'Tuesday b' instead. This was some years ago now so not sure if they still do it.

I don't think they've ever acknowledged that we were once playing games at bramall lane before they existed.

They go on about first floodlight game and it being oldest ground (even though Field Mill is older) but not heard or seen owt from them about us playing there.

6 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I stopped debating with United fans years ago. I know that deep down they know who the biggest club is, who the most successful club is, who has the bigger fan base, who has the history of better players, and who has the biggest and best stadium. And it ain't United.

This^^^.   Any neutral looking at the documented official  facts can see that this is true.  Apart from FA Cup wins, we win on every criteria there is. This is not partisan bragging it's just a fact. If it were the other way round I would admit it but still support Wednesday. The fact that they can't just say they don't care that Wednesday are the top club but I support United speaks volumes.  I don't know much about giving tickets away except my main United friend has only gone in the past 8 years when there's a cheap offer on. And today I've met two men (one, amazingly, a Wednesdayite!) who went to BL on Boxing Day with a free ticket, and have both gone a few other times this season, again on a freebie.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, trevdi9 said:

nah I was working sadly I was dahn t'pit   lol 

Not then you wer'nt but if you were later.....

Which one my family dad, grandad, wife's dad  et all were miners ?

Edited by Copthorneowl

On 17/01/2018 at 22:06, KivoOwl said:

Just having a debate with a Pig on Twitter who is claiming Wednesday fans regularly brag about averaging 30,000 over a season.

I have never ever heard of a Wednesday fan do this - though I do know that lot regularly like to gloat that they have averaged 30,000 more times than us over the last 50 years. They've done so twice, while we haven't.

They are ignoring my argument that we're beating them 4-0 when it comes to averaging 40,000 as the 50's are too long ago to be relevant, and that we're beating them 34-17 (GAHAHA) when it comes to averaging over 20,000 in the magical 50 year period they see as being relevant.

Twitter conversation here -

The best bit is where I push for an example that Wednesday fans have bragged about us averaging 30,000, and a Pig replies by posting a screenshot of a Wednesdayite tweeting about our 30,000+ crowd vs Huddersfield - apparently that supports the argument that we're all deluded and reckon we sell 30,000 every game.

So, has anyone ever heard of a Wednesday fan bragging about us averaging 30,000 in recent years? Or is this just another Pigmyth like the Ordnance Survey mock-up and the 'deluded' tag?

They are deluded. 

So much anger they didn't win 4-0 so they could claim a real massacre after the mock massacre. 

They hate Wednesday first, then love Utd. We are the bench mark hovering just above their heads. 

lol

23 hours ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

That's my point.

Nothing to do with one upmanship, it’s simple economics.

Bramall Lane isn’t big enough for the home support for derby games.

This season the ground is too small for the SU and could do with being bigger, hence why EVERY away club is treat the same and only allocated 2,200 tickets.

However this season SW have actually lost money from giving away fans 2,200 in the Sheffield derby because the home areas didn’t all sell.

Modt other clubs are offered over 4000 tickets in the Leppings Lane end, so this season it’s been one upmanship from SW.

Although the be fair to both Chairmen and I think there’s a real pressure from SY Police to keep allocated away tickets for the Steel City Derby to an absolute minimum.

Its a shame because I would love the days to return when both clubs have a good 7,000 behind the goals on both away ends.

Edited by sheffsteel