Bragging about averaging 30,000?

Just having a debate with a Pig on Twitter who is claiming Wednesday fans regularly brag about averaging 30,000 over a season.

I have never ever heard of a Wednesday fan do this - though I do know that lot regularly like to gloat that they have averaged 30,000 more times than us over the last 50 years. They've done so twice, while we haven't.

They are ignoring my argument that we're beating them 4-0 when it comes to averaging 40,000 as the 50's are too long ago to be relevant, and that we're beating them 34-17 (GAHAHA) when it comes to averaging over 20,000 in the magical 50 year period they see as being relevant.

Twitter conversation here -

The best bit is where I push for an example that Wednesday fans have bragged about us averaging 30,000, and a Pig replies by posting a screenshot of a Wednesdayite tweeting about our 30,000+ crowd vs Huddersfield - apparently that supports the argument that we're all deluded and reckon we sell 30,000 every game.

So, has anyone ever heard of a Wednesday fan bragging about us averaging 30,000 in recent years? Or is this just another Pigmyth like the Ordnance Survey mock-up and the 'deluded' tag?

Typical pigs bending stats to support their arguments. 

We average more than them for ages, then they go above us in the attendances chart and bang, they're now a bigger club and ticket prices aren't a factor in this.

On a level playing field we average more because we have more fans, its as simple as that.

2 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Typical pigs bending stats to support their arguments. 

We average more than them for ages, then they go above us in the attendances chart and bang, they're now a bigger club and ticket prices aren't a factor in this.

On a level playing field we average more because we have more fans, its as simple as that.

To be fair all I’ve been hearing from the ticket price advocates is that ticket prices don’t affect our gates...so wouldn’t we be averaging what we would anyway? I’m confused.

Guest Theboylangers

I'm on Twitter, signed up for it, got an account and everything.

Unfortunately I still don't get it. 

I mean genuinely what is the point? 

Happy to be educated on this one.

17 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Just having a debate with a Pig on Twitter who is claiming Wednesday fans regularly brag about averaging 30,000 over a season.

I have never ever heard of a Wednesday fan do this - though I do know that lot regularly like to gloat that they have averaged 30,000 more times than us over the last 50 years. They've done so twice, while we haven't.

They are ignoring my argument that we're beating them 4-0 when it comes to averaging 40,000 as the 50's are too long ago to be relevant, and that we're beating them 34-17 (GAHAHA) when it comes to averaging over 20,000 in the magical 50 year period they see as being relevant.

The best bit is where I push for an example that Wednesday fans have bragged about us averaging 30,000, and a Pig replies by posting a screenshot of a Wednesdayite tweeting about our 30,000+ crowd vs Huddersfield - apparently that supports the argument that we're all deluded and reckon we sell 30,000 every game.

So, has anyone ever heard of a Wednesday fan bragging about us averaging 30,000 in recent years? Or is this just another Pigmyth like the Ordnance Survey mock-up and the 'deluded' tag?

didn't we get 54.000 somewhere along the way Kivo many years ago 

22 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Is this your Twitter pal. No doubt playing Annie’s song.

BC07FF5E-BEF5-4C11-B397-CE33A533FCBD.png

The argument is not fair.   Their average was in the heady days of the Premiership.    More away fans, more glory hunting fans wanting to watch Premiership football.

Add to this such facts as 

1) More free or cheep tickets given away per match (to the tune of several thousand, sometimes as many as five thousand for lesser games

2) (This one doesn't happen now, it has been stopped)  Fans signing up for Sheffield College courses that cost as little as £60, so that they can then get student season ticket prices instead of adult season tickets.    I believe this ran into almost 1k fans who signed up, but never attended.    The college understood what was happening so accepted the sign ups knowing they would never be over crowded.

3) Blatant lies by SUFC.    When you look around and guestimate around 18k inside, but then it gets quoted as 25k.    I'm sorry, but this is obvious but still gets allowed.    The reason it happens is because the figure given to the FA is not the figure that is put on the accounts figures.

4)  Most clubs do not declare unused seats on the attendance figures, SUFC do.

I put the above down to the "Chesterfield syndrome" - Chesterfield quote their club age at older than SWFC because they believe it gives them something over us.    It doesn't - the quoted age of Chesterfield is correct, but it is for a different football club that the current Chesterfield are not a continuation of.

SUFC and gate figures are the same - they think it gives them one up on us.   In truth it doesn't, but they think it does so they persist in this.   Including the McCabes - they even use it when talking to potential investors "We are the best supported club in Sheffield" - yeah right!

Edited by a_weishaupt