THE ADTHE NUHIU SHOW

10 minutes ago, dazaston said:

The difference tonight Big Dave had a quick striker playing off him.Thought Matias was a man possessed after his goal & was always looking for flick ons & trying to run in behind.

I thought they paired up fantastically well! 

I hope Jos plays them together more often.

1 hour ago, dazaston said:

The difference tonight Big Dave had a quick striker playing off him.Thought Matias was a man possessed after his goal & was always looking for flick ons & trying to run in behind.

Th difference tonight was that we were playing a team halfway down division 4!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, a_weishaupt said:

The things he does well are very good -- the things he doesn't do well are simple things.    The guy is very good with close control.   He has a good pass - but then he looks like bambi when challenged by a 5 foot midget.    

Like so many players, you can see what he has in his locker and he could be so much more.   

I don't quite get why he isn't more of a goalscorer on the pitch for us, or more of a creator.   I see he is good enough, but I don't see him being good enough......if that makes sense?   Ok, I know it doesn't quite make sense.    Please can someone turn my ramblings and put them more eloquently?

Made sense to me pal.

6 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Let’s get things in perspective people. 72 goals in 380 appearances. Stands 6’6” but jumps 5”6. Slow as molasses. Looked good against the team ranked 81/92. We all love Big Dave due to his passion, commitment and endeavour but if he’s the answer.....

I don’t think anybody is saying he’s the answer, we are just celebrating a great performance form him and his effort and commitment.

Hope the journey back to Glossop wasn’t too bad.

Edited by someone in my head

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Guy behind me loved it when NUHIU made a mistake 

He enjoyed slagging him off to his kids

My daughters soon put paid to that tho

lol

Sadly, it happens all the time.

If you listen to the comments and calls, made by some people  whenever Atdhe Nuhiu is on the ball, it is an absolute disgrace.

Stupid comments, exaggerated laughter,   foolish nick names and deliberately mispronouncing his name are just some examples of their behaviour.

7 hours ago, Ian said:

Th difference tonight was that we were playing a team halfway down division 4!

A wins a win against any team.Most who played last night wont even make the bench on Saturday but did a job while we rested the only other players we have available.Cant fault the new guys thinking or any player on that pitch last night.We have no more injury worries & the young lads got a taste of 1st team action.Lets enjoy it we don't get many wins lately.

An old gent who used to sit next to me in North stand once said to me when I was defending Brunt &Whelan from their detractors. Save your breath Steve most of this lot wouldn't know a footballer if he came and sat on their knee.

Make of that what you will. 

Just now, mike312 said:

I don't get the comments on Atdhe not jumping? He wins a lot of what's hoofed up to him. I could understand the same criticism pointed at Fletcher or Rhodes who win hardly anything.

The only header he didn't win last night was when two Carlisle players sandwiched him and gave him no chance

Owlstalk Shop

If you wanted a 5 second snapshot of Nuhiu's time with us you could do worse than use the bit near the end, just in front of the dug outs where he did a lovely turn / trick to beat two players and then with his next touch to run down the wing kicked it out for a throw to them....all to rapturous applause!

Just now, Ian said:

If you wanted a 5 second snapshot of Nuhiu's time with us you could do worse than use the bit near the end, just in front of the dug outs where he did a lovely turn / trick to beat two players and then with his next touch to run down the wing kicked it out for a throw to them....all to rapturous applause!

booooooooooooooo you Nuhiu hater

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Good to hear Adthe had a decent game and got his goal.

Don't get why RS were so disparaging about him on the commentary? At one bit Giddings laughed out loud when he mentioned that he had a shot and missed again, which was after his goal!?....Haters gonna hate I 'spose.

Edited by Fuzzy logics