Jos Luhukay

I'm okay with this, got Hertha and Augsburg promoted. I've kept an eye on Hertha over the past couple of years, and he looks to have brought in some important players while he was there. I'm pessimistic that people like Fonseca would ever be interested in us in our current state, so I think this is a decent choice from what's realistically available.

Only concern is whether we can survive the time he may take to adjust to Championship football.

I'm gutted.  Is Chansiri trolling us or something?

We are staring a possible relegation in the face and we've appointed a CEO, with a notorious past at Charlton and we're now in talks with a total nobody to come in as head coach.

No experience of managing in England.

There's not much to get excited about his chequered history in the Germany leagues.

Karanka, Bilic, Clement, Monk, Paul Hurst etc - all young, progressive managers with the right kind of experience of the English leagues.  4 of these are currently without a club and available.  The other manager, cannot stop winning games, is a Wednesday fan, and would love to come here.

Gutted.

This club never ceases to amaze me.

It's going to take at least five games to settle in, at which point, as he did at Stuggart, the bloke will probably throw a paddy and walk away.

I'm not doubting that he's done o.k previously, years ago. but he's had a gap for 18 months in German football, after a serious stress paddy at Stuttgart......and then he comes into this.
With his record, he would have been tapped up in Germany no problem at all..... yet he's been unemployed. Ask yourself why ? If he's that good, an able atm, he'd have been working !!!!

Hope He's not going to come here for the cash, throw a paddy, walk out, as at Stuggart  ( five games ) and sue us.
Retirement sorted.

An absolute shambolic decision again, if true, not based upon his ability, but based upon the real reasons why he'd be here, and his ability to work

with another club again. Many said he would never work again after Stuggart.

And they want him to work with US in the Championship........ good grief. We need a proven Championship manager.

WHY OH WHY OH WHY ? It just gets worse and worse

I've asked my mate, who is a huge football fan in Germany, and an Owls supporter as second team to give me a call this morning,

If this is the case, all respect for this Chairman has gone, you can see the game he's playing with the new CEO.
I'm afraid if true, DC's a bigger bullshitter than CC.

everything has been hype hype hype......  and all boll0cks

From the Shirts to the Badge to the 150th, the new CEO etc etc etc etc....  SHAMBOLIC

• Like 1

We supporters  need someone we believe in, it's true.... but more importantly

THE PLAYERS, now need belief, and someone they can understand and work with.

We have NO Germans in our side. NONE.... no one that can connect and form that morale building bond between players and manager
Those that can pass on those little German nuances... keep that belief going.

It's as if they look at a stat sheet and say... oh, he's had some second tier success, he's gasping for a pay packet.... he'll do and on the cheap.

WTF are they playing at ?

Clubs being run by a CEO with a record of failure and previously no football experience prior to that, and a chairman out of his depth and relying on people that are just after the cash.

This is how OUR club is being run.

Good grief !!

UTO !!!

Edited by quinnssweetshop

46 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

It's going to take at least five games to settle in, at which point, as he did at Stuggart, the bloke will probably throw a paddy and walk away.

Didn't he walk because they signed players he told them he didn't want? It's said he also didn't ask for severance pay. Doesn't this speak of decent character?

In contrast, "nice guy" Carlos didn't appear to care less when we were spending MILLIONS on players he wouldn't ever use, and I imagine he got a nice severance packet to boot...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

Didn't he walk because they signed players he told them he didn't want? It's said he also didn't ask for severance pay. Doesn't this speak of decent character?

In contrast, "nice guy" Carlos didn't appear to care less when we were spending MILLIONS on players he wouldn't ever use, and I imagine he got a nice severance packet to boot...

Yes...it's not HIM that's the problem....I will support HIM 100%, but it's the wrong decision. He walked after five games. And THAT in itself says a lot.
How the heck is he going to form a team to fight what could very well be a relegation battle, and get them to gel ? In a league he has no experience of
and a team with no Germans in to help communicate with....

I have NO problem with him...like many others have said... pre season..get him in and let him have a full season.....but we need someone in now who can stop this rot.

His appointment now would be such a risk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Hope He's not going to come here for the cash, throw a paddy, walk out, as at Stuggart  ( five games ) and sue us.
Retirement sorted.

Agreed, I hope this mad scenario doesn’t happen either. 

Remind me why he might sue us?

39 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

We supporters  need someone we believe in, it's true.... but more importantly

THE PLAYERS, now need belief, and someone they can understand and work with.

We have NO Germans in our side. NONE.... no one that can connect and form that morale building bond between players and manager
Those that can pass on those little German nuances... keep that belief going.

It's as if they look at a stat sheet and say... oh, he's had some second tier success, he's gasping for a pay packet.... he'll do and on the cheap.

WTF are they playing at ?

Clubs being run by a CEO with a record of failure and previously no football experience prior to that, and a chairman out of his depth and relying on people that are just after the cash.

This is how OUR club is being run.

Good grief !!

UTO !!!

But we have 2 Dutch players (Jos is Dutch albeit his coaching has been all in Germany). It’s more so how he can translate his coaching methods.

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Yes...it's not HIM that's the problem....I will support HIM 100%, but it's the wrong decision. He walked after five games. And THAT in itself says a lot.
How the heck is he going to form a team to fight what could very well be a relegation battle, and get them to gel ? In a league he has no experience of
and a team with no Germans in to help communicate with....

I have NO problem with him...like many others have said... pre season..get him in and let him have a full season.....but we need someone in now who can stop this rot.

His appointment now would be such a risk.

You do make some valid points, but perhaps such an appointment (along with the CEO) is a sign that DC is shifting his approach completely.

If we are to believe that DC and his advisers had (and will continue to have) a heavy hand in transfers, then Luhukay would presumably want nothing to do with it. If Luhukay was to take the job it could be indicative of DC acknowledging he got it wrong, and will instead have the manager be more involved with player recruitment and building a squad.

Another DC mistake was allowing his friendship with Carlos get in the way. A character like Katrien Meire may prevent this from happening again.

DC has taken quite a bit of flack on here, but if he's identified weaknesses and is working on fixing them, then it's really not a case of "same old" and he should be given some credit. With that said, please bring back the stripes, and the current crest is sheeite!

Some people really are talking out of their arses.

His record of lotsa clubs is bullpoo. He has MANAGED 6 clubs since 2000. Other jobs were either as a coach or assistant. (And he has been the assistant to a certain Juup Heynckes. He ain't half bad)

At those six clubs, he's won promotion 3 times.

At one club he set the points record in the 2. Bundesliga.

He has managed Borussia Monchengladbach and Hertha Berlin, two teams that are arguably bigger than Sheffield Weds.

German press have described him as a strict disciplinarian and task master - something everyone was calling for.

He won't work under a transfer committee or such like, as evidenced when he told Stuttgart to do one for similar reasons. Again, everyone was screaming for manager with control over recruitment, and it looks like we have that.

How about giving the bloke a chance rather than writing him off before he's taken a training session?

He'll be the best thing since sliced bread if we win next week. (Big if, mind you)

Edited by axolotl

11 minutes ago, BuckhurstOwl said:

But we have 2 Dutch players (Jos is Dutch albeit his coaching has been all in Germany). It’s more so how he can translate his coaching methods.

I appreciate that, the German game is streets away from the Dutch game, it's why his methods and ideaology have been put to use there.

I just think it's a shocking decision at this point of the season, and where we are.

And as I've said it's not HIM...I just think it's such a risk right now. We've all seen the madness of league 1 and how difficult it is to get out of.

If he was to start pre season, I'd be delighted.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

8 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Some people really are talking out of their arses.

His record of lotsa clubs is bullpoo. He has MANAGED 6 clubs since 2000. Other jobs were either as a coach or assistant. (And he has been the assistant to a certain Juup Heynckes. He ain't half bad)

At those six clubs, he's won promotion 3 times.

At one club he set the points record in the 2. Bundesliga.

He has managed Borussia Monchengladbach and Hertha Berlin, two teams that are arguably bigger than Sheffield Weds.

German press have described him as a strict disciplinarian and task master - something everyone was calling for.

He won't work under a transfer committee or such like, as evidenced when he told Stuttgart to do one for similar reasons. Again, everyone was screaming for manager with control over recruitment, and it looks like we have that.

How about giving the bloke a chance rather than writing him off before he's taken a training session?

He'll be the best thing since sliced bread if we win next week. (Big if, mind you)

Well said

I'm very happy with this man. His moustache alone is reason to employ

But you're right

I think most fans are excited and happy to have him so focus on those and ignore the negative Nigel's as they're far outweighed by the fans who love this man already

Owlstalk Shop