Anyone who went?

17 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

We could have been 2-1 down within 25, Wildsmith pulled us out of it. Then second goal (pen) was huge. What a performance from Joe. 

It was a Van Aken mistake for one of those chances...which to be fair to him, was a little unlucky.  He should've just put the ball in the stands for a throw, but tried to play it up the line...it hit a Forest player and rebounded luclily for them, Hutch got done with a bit of skill and they were in.  He did realise his mistake and apologise to everyone, so he's learning.  

We edged it, but Forest's shooting was fu**ing terrible at times, we were lucky not to concede at all today.  

7 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Quite hilarious that some blokes in front of us were slagging Joao off all game and even suggested replacing him with Nuhiu after 35 mins. There's always some eh!!!

A lot of our fans seem to have it in for him, but reading, or listening to how they think the game should be played, they probably should be ignored. 

I think Bully set us up to counter attack, something we've been unable to do under Carlos

• Like 1

We rode our luck at times 1st half,wildsmith made two quality stops that kept us in the game (Yet again!)Reach and Joao in particular were having a very solid games,Rhodes,who had earlier hit a free kick that the keeper saved stepped up to put away a spot kick for a foul on Fox and that knocked them.

2nd half forest were stricted to long range efforts but we just pushed them back,Joao whod moments earlier hit the bar crushed any remaining hope they had with a lovley goal.For once wed looked lively from the off and the Reach goal was a reward for the attacking intent we showed.

Always nice to have a bit of black forest for christmas

We were good but not perfect - bit shaky at the back at times but that's no real surprise considering. Hooper was excellent before his knock, Joao and Reach throughout, Wildsmith superb as well.

Also, no idea how being about to run onto a ball three yards out from goal isn't a clear goalscoring opportunity, and with no attempt to play the ball at all it should have been a red card and a penalty.

Edited by PopePiusX

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Think it should be mentioned that Forest are one of the most open and attacking teams in the league and they seem to threaten everyone they play. We were no different. Least we managed to ride that storm and get on with some attacking of our own. 

Yep. You can see why they only ever seem to win or lose.

My take on it....

a lot better

pushed forward more

looked bothered

didnt look to pass back all time

wildsmith outstanding

palmer decent

loovens solid

reach ran n ran, quality goal, tried few more efforts too

Joao good energy, played well

wallace didn’t do much  

different game if wildsmith hadn’t kept us in it. 

First half when they attacked think we sat back a touch on edge of area inviting them on. Other than that great day. 

Fantastic result. 

2 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

How did wallace do today 

Much better on the left.

I just prefer him making deliveries from the left without having to cut back first. I wouldn't say there was a huge number of crosses coming from his side, but there were a few decent ones from what I remember.

I like Wallace and I can see why CC relied on him so much, but it used to get on my nerves that it would almost always be down the right.

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

Also Joao was unplayable, they didn’t know what to do with him. He has it in his locker today’s proved that 

I really like him, has struggled to get a look in lately but when he's given a chance he always gives 100%

He has pace and is a composed and quality finisher when opportunities present.

I'd like to see him feature more, we seem to be more direct as a team when he's involved.

17 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

I listened to it and commentator said he was sticking to touchline like a proper winger instead of coming in all the time

Yeah, moreso than he ever does on the right.

He actually went over to the right when João came off anyway, but the game was pretty much won by then.

31 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

My take on it....

a lot better

pushed forward more

looked bothered

didnt look to pass back all time

wildsmith outstanding

palmer decent

loovens solid

reach ran n ran, quality goal, tried few more efforts too

Joao good energy, played well

wallace didn’t do much  

different game if wildsmith hadn’t kept us in it. 

First half when they attacked think we sat back a touch on edge of area inviting them on. Other than that great day. 

Fantastic result. 

Palmer got torn a new one in the first half, has Wildsmith to thank twice and Joao for bailing him out. Fox was our best full back 

agree with all other points!