I’m very angry tonight

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Shut up

Discuss the topic and not the poster

Tell me where I"m wrong in what I've posted and I'll listen to you

If you can't/wont' then shut up

I’m not trying to be personal here, I know you’re massive Wednesday fan. I have great deal of respect for you.  I just think you’ve been proper negative of late. Thread after thread. There’s a thread already in progress on this topic, which was pinned for a few hours...until Carlos news broke. Why couldn’t you have just posted your thoughts on there? 

Just an observation really. 

Dont get me wrong, I’m not particularly happy at the moment. But it’s not all bad either. 

Anyway. Not trying to be tool. Merry Christmas mate. 

Edited by bigdan2003

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I know - wasn't ranting at you there mate - just out into the ether

lol

Have a great Christmas and hope you're well 

I know, thanks, same to you and yours. Having a good one so far but a run of wins for us over the fesive period is top of my list of prezzies right now!

Just now, steveger said:

For the Indian Restaurant Neil went to ? 

Yes there is a lot of abusive tweets about a bald bloke eating twice as much buffet as everyone else

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I just made a post that expressed how I feel

I don't want anyone deliberately trying to derail the topic away from the point of the the original post

No time for people doing that on here anymore

Discuss the topic and not the poster is our ethic and rightly so

Now..

Back to the original points I made....

Yea I understand, you feel strongly about this in particular I can tell pal. I would just say don't be too worried, imo the chairman is just as frustrated as us, and went on a mad Wednesday fan rant like we all do. Wouldn't read into the statement too much. It seems like he likes to be open with us, but some things are best not said at all. 

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

I’m not trying to be personal here, I know you’re massive Wednesday fan. I have great deal of respect for you.  I just think you’ve been proper negative of late. Thread after thread. There’s a thread already in progress on this topic, which was pinned for a few hours...until Carlos news broke. Why couldn’t you have just posted your thoughts on there? 

Just an observation really. 

Dont get me wrong, I’m not particularly happy at the moment. But it’s not all bad either. 

Anyway. Not trying to be tool. Merry Christmas mate. 

You too mate

All the best. I hope you have a brilliant one

Ps I've been negative because it's been the maddest, poorest season for many a year with the worst football, the maddest ticket prices, the craziest retail offering and the first season in a long time where the club appears to be taking on the fans head on with everything from the exec box holders to the fans now apparently at fault for hounding out carlos when we all know that's just a smokescreen.

:rolleyes:

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Been here a long time and not won in seven. Direct quote from a first team player tonight.

Dressing room lost?

How very perceptive of him.  You’ll excuse me if I do not think you have the insiders

sports coup of the year.

Edited by Davetherave
Spelling

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If he's not on social media though why would it play any part whatsoever in him leaving the club this week?

He wont' have seen it

See what I mean?

SMOKESCREEN

Our fans are AMAZING 

I've never known a season like it where so many errors and blunders have been made, and where the team has played so poorly (RECORD LOWEST NUMBER OF SHOTS ON GOAL REMEMBER) and yet have remained patient, tolerant and supportive.

This fan thing is a smokescreen

Not just at him though. At everyone, all over club posts on social media, at the players, shouted from the stands etc

He lived in the city, it was impossible not to hear. 

I have some great friends, but some of them were poisonous towards him as well. As much as it's not all the fans fault, I took my other half to the game yesterday and she said 'I don't want to come again', purely because of how everyone was spitting poison at him from the stand. 

That isn't being an amazing set of fans. Personally, I think all fans are the same at all clubs. Good fans and bad fans. 

1 minute ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Yea I understand, you feel strongly about this in particular I can tell pal. I would just say don't be too worried, imo the chairman is just as frustrated as us, and went on a mad Wednesday fan rant like we all do. Wouldn't read into the statement too much. It seems like he likes to be open with us, but some things are best not said at all. 

If he'd come out and thanked the fans for their ongoing support then he'd have more credibility and support today

Instead he's seemingly labelled the entire fanbase because a handful of idiots might have ranted on twitter occasionally.

What about the many thousands of fans who have sat there patiently watching our team fail to even shoot once at the opposition goal, when ordinarily and in any other season they'd have been irate and chanting for the manager/chairmans head.

The Chairman simply doesn't seem to realise how good he's had it over the last few months in terms of fans patience and tolerance

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I totally agree with you. I was confused about the statement even before the Carlos stuff came along and still no wiser.

Given it would appear the decision was made yesterday evening makes it even more bizarre. 

It's like a drunken rant post on Owlstalk that you read the next day and it's like WTF was I doing. 

The powder should have been kept dry and then a more conciliatory rallying call statement issued on Boxing Day

100% agree with this.

IMO it was poor judgement from the chairman to make that long winded rambling statement.

He has to rise above certain things. Occasionally issuing positive rallying cries.

This will not play well with potential top quality candidates for coach. You don’t air your dirty laundry in public. 

Looks like he couldn’t help himself.

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Personally, I think all fans are the same at all clubs. Good fans and bad fans. 

Exactly this

What's happened at SWFC this season has been no different than any other time a team fails to deliver and a manager is needed to be changed.

HOWEVER

Our fans have been infinitely more patient than at 99.999% of any other clubs that have been in the same position/situation that's for sure

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You too mate

All the best. I hope you have a brilliant one

Ps I've been negative because it's been the maddest, poorest season for many a year with the worst football, the maddest ticket prices, the craziest retail offering and the first season in a long time where the club appears to be taking on the fans head on with everything from the exec box holders to the fans now apparently at fault for hounding out carlos when we all know that's just a smokescreen.

:rolleyes:

Are you going to highlight where he has criticised the fans or are you just putting up a smokescreen?

3 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

Carlos out chants, social media attacks, Carlos out banners... were not fair on him. 

the fans have been terrible to him this season.

I can’t agree... I have heard Carlos Out chants at perhaps 4 matches all season (1 being yesterday). Seen 1 banner (on here - didn’t see it at the ground).