I’m very angry tonight

1 minute ago, NornOwl said:

He doesn't live in a submarine at the bottom of the sea, the man knew how the fans felt and tried to address it each post match interview. 

I'm not saying it was the only reason but to me the negative fan base has been all I've heard and seen online and in the papers in the last 3 months, that's now over- for that reason I'm glad he's gone... 

Regardless of what tipped the balance, results and performances sadly should have made this inevitable some time ago.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not the fans fault that we are where we are in the league 

In fact we have struggled DESPITE top class support Home and Away 

Its not our fault the stripes are not on the shirts of Sheffield Wednesday

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

It’s not our fault the players don’t play happy positive attacking football

its not our fault the kits were late and then out of stock

Its not our fault the anniversary pre season games didn’t materialise

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

its not our fault that the exec boxes aren’t sold out

Irs not our fault that players are playing like they’re unhappy 

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

None is this season is the fault of ANY fan and it’s a disgrace to suggest so

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

The whole thing is a total smokescreen

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

Drivel... as per a previous post earlier today Chansiri can say and do what he wants as he has 100% ownership. Maybe things from his perspective are somewhat different to yours?

Why not try to contact him and have an open forum to discuss your points directly with him?

Should the next manager appointed be one that the average fan is excited about and transfer backing is given to said new manager, will all be suddenly forgiven? I for one do not think Chansiri is perfect and certainly believe mistakes have been made but thinking back to previous regimes, maybe things aren't as bad as is being made out? We forget where we were only a few seasons ago when mid table in the championship was a great acheivement....

Cheer up and enjoy Xmas

Neil is bang on with all his comments under this thread. Either the chairmans had to make a decision he didn't want to make and so has a go at the fans for putting him under pressure. Or Carlos handed in his resignation, the chairman tried to talk him out of it but blamed the fans for pushing Carlos in his direction. 

All this about the fans is rubbish. Most other clubs fans would have been nowhere near as patient as what the majority of our fans have been this season with the absolute dross which has been served up. The chairman should be giving a rallying cry and leading the way with positivity of where we go from here instead he appears to be going completely in an opposite direction which is not what any of us want to hear as it causes further friction as this thread is an example of.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Iphone X

It's fantastic

But when you're on your next glass of proscecco after two big bottle of cobra and after a City Taxis driver tried every trick in the book to fleece you it's the last thing you wanna be typing a long thread on

lol

Did you have the cobras with the murgh mediche? Sounds like a good combination.

to be fair our support has been crap this last few months

the atmosphere has been toxic

the abuse dished out online has been ridiculous.

(maybe he has seen some of the bull we have had to delete)

the sense of entitlement shown at times has been unreal

think DC is spot on

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So the clock thing was running in the front

Got to our house and he said 'oh your card isn't working on the system thing you'll have to pay cash'

Then when trying tp pay cash said it was whatever the clock said and then the same again

Errrrrr nope and I'll be talking to your boss after Christmas about this

I love City Taxis to be fair and will always use them

I love their app too

This is the first bad experience I've had and I can do nothing but promote City Taxis as the taxi's of choice

Interesting that one bad experience - a small minority of your overall experience of the company - doesn't have a major adverse affect on your overall viewpoint and cause you to make a sweeping statement in respect of the company as a whole............

First up was Muppet Christmas Carol, then straight into Paddington 2, then finally straight into Jumanji

Then headed to Hillsborough to the excellent 'Front Room' restaurant where I had an immaculate meal

Gotta say that I was sat there all the way through them itching to be on here expressing my fury at the last 24 hours. Have had the odd look and post between movies but the number of people repeating the 'nasty fans abusing chairman and manager' spiel is grating on me when in fact none of those people can really find/point to any that's happened in any great number.

Don't know which is worse - the new Jumanji film which is awful - or the number of fans blindly following the Chairmans statement and then blaming our brilliant fans for hounding Carlos out when it's all a total smokescreen.

So angry tonight

There are a lot of fans blindly take everything the Chairman days as being the truth .

1 hour ago, NornOwl said:

Amen.

It's NOT our fault! 

The quote of a generation and people who think that words and actions have no conciquences. 

Calling the mangers rubbish all season and seeing Carlos out everywhere HAS had an effect on things down at S6.

Sorry the negative fan base HAS had an influence in this and people thinking otherwise is more blind than the blunts thinking they were going to walk the league. 

Absolve the people of responsibility and they will love you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Interesting that one bad experience - a small minority of your overall experience of the company - doesn't have a major adverse affect on your overall viewpoint and cause you to make a sweeping statement in respect of the company as a whole............

One rogue driver on Christmas Eve trying to max out his takings

Cheeky git

White Audi A5 - avoid getting in it tonight people

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Dot said:

think DC is spot on

The negativity on the pitch caused the negativity in the stands as it would do at any football club. I agree some of it was OTT and not called for. 

4 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Neil is bang on with all his comments under this thread. Either the chairmans had to make a decision he didn't want to make and so has a go at the fans for putting him under pressure. Or Carlos handed in his resignation, the chairman tried to talk him out of it but blamed the fans for pushing Carlos in his direction. 

All this about the fans is rubbish. Most other clubs fans would have been nowhere near as patient as what the majority of our fans have been this season with the absolute dross which has been served up. The chairman should be giving a rallying cry and leading the way with positivity of where we go from here instead he appears to be going completely in an opposite direction which is not what any of us want to hear as it causes further friction as this thread is an example of.

Yep

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

think DC is spot on

Our football has been crap this past few months

The atmosphere has been resigned to this rather than toxic

The abuse from a minority has been rightly condemned by the majority who have been constructive in their criticism

DC should not address the whole of the fanbase in this regard.

7 minutes ago, BlackGold said:

Drivel... as per a previous post earlier today Chansiri can say and do what he wants as he has 100% ownership.

Sorry to hear you think my O/P is drivel

I agree Chansiri can do what he wants with the club as he has total ownership

What I'm saying is that the stuff being thrown around today/tonight about social media posts having any impact on Carlos leaving is a total smokescreen

I'm staggered you overlooked the long long list of issues at the club this season by the way

I don't understand why you'd do that

Ps - Merry Christmas to you too mate - have  a brilliant one

:rolleyes:

Owlstalk Shop

First up was Muppet Christmas Carol, then straight into Paddington 2, then finally straight into Jumanji

Then headed to Hillsborough to the excellent 'Front Room' restaurant where I had an immaculate meal

Gotta say that I was sat there all the way through them itching to be on here expressing my fury at the last 24 hours. Have had the odd look and post between movies but the number of people repeating the 'nasty fans abusing chairman and manager' spiel is grating on me when in fact none of those people can really find/point to any that's happened in any great number.

Don't know which is worse - the new Jumanji film which is awful - or the number of fans blindly following the Chairmans statement and then blaming our brilliant fans for hounding Carlos out when it's all a total smokescreen.

So angry tonight

You sound furious. Are you angry mad?

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not the fans fault that we are where we are in the league 

In fact we have struggled DESPITE top class support Home and Away 

Its not our fault the stripes are not on the shirts of Sheffield Wednesday

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

It’s not our fault the players don’t play happy positive attacking football

its not our fault the kits were late and then out of stock

Its not our fault the anniversary pre season games didn’t materialise

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

its not our fault that the exec boxes aren’t sold out

Irs not our fault that players are playing like they’re unhappy 

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

None is this season is the fault of ANY fan and it’s a disgrace to suggest so

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

The whole thing is a total smokescreen

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

Is that what you really mean though.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know that

But if he's not on social media then he'll never know what was being said of/to him would he?

If he's said time and time again that he doesn't go anywhere near social media then it can't be used as a reason by anyone that it was something that contributed to him leaving our club

Fair enough. 

I still think it's a factor in him going.