I’m very angry tonight

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

See this is what I'm talking about

Seeing Carlos Out everywhere all season?

Looks like the Chairman's mad rant has had the desired effect and won him over a whole new army of people ready to repeat blindly everything he said in his statement as thought it's fact

Carlos Out everywhere??!??

There's been one banner for about 3 minutes at a home game, and one sign held up at a darts match and that's it and I CHALLENGE YOU to show me anywhere/everywhere else it's been splattered about (you won't because you can't)

The whole fans fault thing is a massive smokescreen

Carlos has said himself on many occasions recently (that I can pull up the interviews for) that he doesn't even use or go near social media too so.......

All over social media

its why he deactivated his account in February. 

Social media has been poisonous for the best part of 12 months

1 minute ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

Some so called fans can't leave it alone can they? Now CC s gone those who haven't already done so are turning their attention to DC. Reading some of the moans and groans as well as the abuse and vitriol, and some of the unbelievable crap that's been spouted over various topics on here recently has made me almost ashamed to be a Wednesdayite associated with this forum. DC s done what's needed with regard to CC so let's get behind him in his attempt to turn us into a Premier League Club both on and OFF  the field. 

Blaming the fans??

Unbelievable

Owlstalk Shop

I totally agree with you. I was confused about the statement even before the Carlos stuff came along and still no wiser.

Given it would appear the decision was made yesterday evening makes it even more bizarre. 

It's like a drunken rant post on Owlstalk that you read the next day and it's like WTF was I doing. 

The powder should have been kept dry and then a more conciliatory rallying call statement issued on Boxing Day

I whole-heartedly agree with everything you've said in the OP Neil.

In some senses, I can perhaps understand that Mr Chansiri feels somewhat betrayed that he has sunk a great deal of money into the club and spent a lot of time away from his family in order to "manage" the club and over the last few weeks in particular, there have been moans and groans from the fanbase about the current situation the club finds itself in.

However, if he is capable of being objective and looking at the big picture in all its aspects, he would surely come to the conclusion that there is justification for the complaints from the fans.  You have listed several issues that are not the fault of the fans and most of them are the result of the Chairman's inexperience in football or of him staying loyal for too long, to a head coach who had clearly lost his way.

Maybe now that the Chairman has had his "rant" at the fans and subsequently parted company with Carlos, - he will be able to look at things through fresh eyes.  The important thing now is for the next appointment to be the right one for the club and also for DC to give sufficient authority / autonomy to the next head coach to bring in his own ideas and over time, the players that he wants to strengthen the squad.  Clearly with the current financial position and FFP, any changes in January may have to be modest or self financing, by selling players that are not deemed good enough or the right ones for the way forward.  In subsequent transfer windows, there may be more scope to make changes if the finances are managed carefully.

I would feel confident that the fans will get behind the new head coach whenever he arrives and we can only hope that performances improve significantly in the short, medium and long term.  As many others have said, this season is now a write off, - other than ensuring that we are still in the Championship next season.  Let's all hope that this at least is achieved and we can prepare properly for a flying start next season with a fit squad that is raring to go.  Certainly under Carlos, we never had a good start to a season and were always having to recover the situation after about October.

UTO  WAWAW 

• Thanks 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why would he do that if the fans are irrelevant to anything other than brilliant support to our (OUR) football club?

Our support also includes people who who tweet Forestieri's missus, slag off Chansiris son on YouTube etc, so let's not have this fallacy that our support is perfect. 

They might be the minority, but often those voices are the ones that stand out

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

All over social media

its why he deactivated his account in February. 

Social media has been poisonous for the best part of 12 months

If he's not on social media though why would it play any part whatsoever in him leaving the club this week?

He wont' have seen it

See what I mean?

SMOKESCREEN

Our fans are AMAZING 

I've never known a season like it where so many errors and blunders have been made, and where the team has played so poorly (RECORD LOWEST NUMBER OF SHOTS ON GOAL REMEMBER) and yet have remained patient, tolerant and supportive.

This fan thing is a smokescreen

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Two cobras and now on the proscecco (it's like fizzy water that though innit)

Totally sober but VERY VERY angry

And angrier at fans who would dare read the chairmans statement and then start to attack our amazing fans on the chairmans behalf when in fact it's never been the fans fault and never will be.

It's a smokescreen and anyone who falls for it needs to stop and think about it

Just jesting, I have had one or two more than you this afternoon as is tradition.

For what it's worth I agree with you, here's what I had to say before I had a drink....

Got to say the Chairman is being over-sensitive on this and someone within the club needs to point that out to him. There are morons at every club, take Bristol City for example. Lee Johnson was getting death threats in the post last season from some of their 'fans'. I doubt that he or his Chairman have questioned whether it is worth them continuing to the fan base as a whole though.

Anyone who has directed personal abuse at Carlos, Chansiri or their families is an idiot but Chansiri has to realise these idiots are a tiny minority of the fan base and he should nit spit the dummy out at all of us as a result. 

In this our 150th anniversary year we have certainly had plenty worth complaining about, the vast majority have done it constructively. He speaks of people writing to demand their season ticket money back. Out of 20,000+ season ticket holders the amount that have actually done this should serve as reason for him not to label us all in the same way and make veiled threats about ongoing investment. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Why would he do that if the fans are irrelevant to anything other than brilliant support to our (OUR) football club?

Coz he doesn't want the fans to feel they have wasted their money perhaps?   I don't why he has offered to repay the fans, I can't read his mind, can you?

Are you collating all the statements where he has unfairly criticised the fans?

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't know which is worse - the new Jumanji film which is awful - or the number of fans blindly following the Chairmans statement and then blaming our brilliant fans for hounding Carlos out when it's all a total smokescreen.

So angry tonight

Firstly, I enjoyed the new Jumanji. I was the wrong age to watch the previous film from mid90s but now can take the kids and enjoy the cheese...

secondly, I can't say our fans have been patient this season... 

theyve moaned at every single thing from the cake, to lack of shirts, to design of shirts, sponsor of shirts, the anniversary, lack of big preseason match, the pig derby.... our fans have hounded Carlos.

hes not been at fault for all of it, but the boos, Carlos out chants, social media attacks, Carlos out banners... were not fair on him. 

If people at my job were treating me like he's been treated, I would've resigned long ago. 

I like(d) Carlos & he's provided me with some great football memories that I treasure. But the fans have been terrible to him this season.