I’m very angry tonight

Guest Willow Owl
38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not the fans fault that we are where we are in the league 

In fact we have struggled DESPITE top class support Home and Away 

Its not our fault the stripes are not on the shirts of Sheffield Wednesday

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

It’s not our fault the players don’t play happy positive attacking football

its not our fault the kits were late and then out of stock

Its not our fault the anniversary pre season games didn’t materialise

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

its not our fault that the exec boxes aren’t sold out

Irs not our fault that players are playing like they’re unhappy 

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

None is this season is the fault of ANY fan and it’s a disgrace to suggest so

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

The whole thing is a total smokescreen

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

Of course Owlstalk no best  and it is your millions that have  been invested. This site sometimes is a disgrace. 

Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

What I've found amazing today is the amount of sanctimonious and sycophant crap on twitter.  24 hours ago it was literally flooded with Carlos Out, now everyones upset and telling everyone else to show some respect.  WEIRD, well for starters respect is earned and its kind of a personal opinion, if you respect someone you respect them and thats that.  But simply to be told by a gaggle of middle aged women and men that it is nothing but a disgrace if we don't respect the last manager for some amazing memories is quite bizarre.  

1 minute ago, Watson said:

Are you going to highlight where he has criticised the fans or are you just putting up a smokescreen?

He's definitely had a pop at the fans mate, https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/ask-the-chairman/

The reality is that it is a small minority of idiots (not right but every club has them) and yet some of what he says seems to tar us all with the same brush. 

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

I can’t agree... I have heard Carlos Out chants at perhaps 4 matches all season (1 being yesterday). Seen 1 banner (on here - didn’t see it at the ground).

Exactly

There's been hardly any appetite for Carlos Out protests

Even when the banner was unfurled on Sky TV it was roundly criticised by most Wednesday fans who thought it was inappropriately timed etc

Carlos Out chants have led to the fans doing it being told to shut it

etc

I cannot for the life of me understand why fans are repeating this smokescreen nonsense that the fans are to blame or that Carlos was hounded out

It's total bull

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Willow Owl said:

Of course Owlstalk no best  and it is your millions that have  been invested. This site sometimes is a disgrace. 

Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I take it you have absolutely zero credible points you wish to put forward then and have instead resorted to just throwing that kind of reply around?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't think for a second that I don't' know you're trolling me mate

Happy to engage but not with trolls

I am merely seeking information you seem to be shying away from providing it.  

If you think I am trolling you (which I don't want you to think that) then please ban me from the site.  If you can back up your claims then fair enough.  

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You too mate

Same goes for everyone else whether I agree with you or not usually. No matter who you are or what you do I wish you all a very very brilliant Christmas.

and to you boss ,i'm on my own due to circumstances this year but i'm bloody well going to enjoy it

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Not watching Star Wars Neil you confused me with another poster 

I'm making love to the wife just give me a couple of mins I will be right back with you......:stuwinky:

lol

I didn't mean you were watching Star Wars

I was just making a statement about how poor it is (if you've not seen it - avoid)

lol

Good luck with the wife thing...

I had one once but she ran off with Owen Morrison

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Watson said:

I am merely seeking information you seem to be shying away from providing it.  

If you think I am trolling you (which I don't want you to think that) then please ban me from the site.  If you can back up your claims then fair enough.  

Grow up

The info is (and has been for ages) out there for all to see/read 

It's been posted on this very site

I'm not doing your work for you. Go educate yourself

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If he'd come out and thanked the fans for their ongoing support then he'd have more credibility and support today

Instead he's seemingly labelled the entire fanbase because a handful of idiots might have ranted on twitter occasionally.

What about the many thousands of fans who have sat there patiently watching our team fail to even shoot once at the opposition goal, when ordinarily and in any other season they'd have been irate and chanting for the manager/chairmans head.

The Chairman simply doesn't seem to realise how good he's had it over the last few months in terms of fans patience and tolerance

I totally agree the vast majority of us have been very very patient. The football has been dire, I think he will look back on this statement in a few month and cringe. The man is human and he's made a mistake, but I think the passion and loyalty shines through here.

But he's not worded it right and if you question that comment about the fans to him I reckon he would genuinely be like yea I should have said this, this and this differently. I find his loyalty refreshing in modern football, it didn't pay off this time mind. 

Totally also agree he's had it good, and now he's had his first little run in with the fans, which is a learning curve. I believe if he really resented us and didn't give two, he wouldn't care what we say anyway. 

1 minute ago, BobsMagicCalculator said:

What I've found amazing today is the amount of sanctimonious and sycophant crap on twitter.  24 hours ago it was literally flooded with Carlos Out, now everyones upset and telling everyone else to show some respect.  WEIRD, well for starters respect is earned and its kind of a personal opinion, if you respect someone you respect them and thats that.  But simply to be told by a gaggle of middle aged women and men that it is nothing but a disgrace if we don't respect the last manager for some amazing memories is quite bizarre.  

Depends what you regard as respect.

In my opinion he should have been let go a fair few weeks ago but I would never stoop to having a go at him personally in terms of his accent or calling him playground names or giving him direct personal abuse as some have done - that for me is disrespectful and crosses a line that doesn't need to be crossed for a man who has in the main been very dignified and raised the profile of the club in a positive light during his time with us.

1 minute ago, trevdi9 said:

and to you boss ,i'm on my own due to circumstances this year but i'm bloody well going to enjoy it

Good to hear mate (the enjoying it bit)

I really appreciate you being part of this site and all your amazing artwork that you do

You're a good bloke and we love you

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He's definitely had a pop at the fans mate, https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/december/ask-the-chairman/

The reality is that it is a small minority of idiots (not right but every club has them) and yet some of what he says seems to tar us all with the same brush. 

Please highlight whereabouts.., thanks

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

When the owner of a club turns on the fans then he's on a sticky wicket.without us the club won't exist 

But without his investment we would be staring down the barrel. Support means little these days, you have Bournemouth in the prem with hardly any fans and had Leeds, us etc in L1 with loads

He has more power than any of us combined. 

Just now, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

I totally agree the vast majority of us have been very very patient. The football has been dire, I think he will look back on this statement in a few month and cringe. The man is human and he's made a mistake, but I think the passion and loyalty shines through here.

But he's not worded it right and if you question that comment about the fans to him I reckon he would genuinely be like yea I should have said this, this and this differently. I find his loyalty refreshing in modern football, it didn't pay off this time mind. 

Totally also agree he's had it good, and now he's had his first little run in with the fans, which is a learning curve. I believe if he really resented us and didn't give two, he wouldn't care what we say anyway. 

I totally agree with everything you agreed with

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Depends what you regard as respect.

In my opinion he should have been let go a fair few weeks ago but I would never stoop to having a go at him personally in terms of his accent or calling him playground names or giving him direct personal abuse as some have done - that for me is disrespectful and crosses a line that doesn't need to be crossed for a man who has in the main been very dignified and raised the profile of the club in a positive light during his time with us.

your answering my post, respect is a personal opinion and you cant be told by another to respect someone else, just because you believe its the right thing to do.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I take it you have absolutely zero credible points you wish to put forward then and have instead resorted to just throwing that kind of reply around?

Same old same old , there are 5 or 6 like this one who offer nothing worthwhile to the debate and just criticise the posters .... now that is the pathetic ! 

Bang on original post. I’m not saying he’s out to ruin the club at all, but he’s got pretty much everything wrong. Rather than blaming the fans , Fix the easy bits, stop ripping off fans, sort out the hospitality / commercial departments and get a proper brand to make a proper shirt on time

Edited by james o connor