I’m very angry tonight

46 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Yep. Would agree with that. 

A lot of people saying he has been sacked but I can’t see it. I think he’s walked away. 

Yep and when a new manager comes in who actually knows what he's doing and gets us promoted I'm sure chansiri will be thanking the fans for making such an excellent decision. 

Or maybe he'll sat atop his high horse in all the glory of making the decision himself

35 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I totally agree with you. I was confused about the statement even before the Carlos stuff came along and still no wiser.

Given it would appear the decision was made yesterday evening makes it even more bizarre. 

It's like a drunken rant post on Owlstalk that you read the next day and it's like WTF was I doing. 

The powder should have been kept dry and then a more conciliatory rallying call statement issued on Boxing Day

The decision must have been made last night at the latest, Portuguese news were reporting it as early as 8 and 9am.

Firstly Muppets Christmas carol is the best Christmas film ever and just watch it myself. 

Secondly I think Chansiri is a bit at a loss when it comes to the whole manager needing to go thing.  Yes he got rid of gray but I think that was always the plan.  Since he bought the club is all been positive and going forward.  This season is the first he has experienced in football when the times are tough and it's a while different thing to a badly performing business.  The fans are a while different aspect to the situation and I don't think he was prepared for that level of emotion from the fans

Just now, modboy said:

You wouldn't think we all supported the same club 

There's no lasting split or impact here

The fans will come together as one whether that's because of a rallying cry from a new manager, or with a potential promotion push, or in the face of adversity such as a regelation scrap.

What won't help is the fans being referred to by the chairman as being even a slight % of the problem at the club

Same with the now ex managers comments about the fans in recent weeks

Wednesday fans will continue. The club will. Hopefully Mr Chansiri will and be a massive success. 

Our fans really only get overexcited and furious when the team aren't trying or the manager isn't learning from previous defeats.

We have the most patient fans in the WORLD

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure if it is trolling or an inability to read or understand what has been said. If it's either of the latter 2 then this post is pointless but I will give it a go anyway.

The owner has addressed the whole of the fan base with that statement. A very small minority of our fans have been abusive to Carlos and have seemingly asked Chansiri for a refund and yet he has used this to question the fans base as a whole and raise it in relation to parting ways with the manager and question his continued effort and investment with the club. 

The vast majority of supporters have not been personally abusive to anyone at the club and have been justifiably constructive of their criticism in what has been a very disappointing 150th anniversary year on and off the field.

It can't be that difficult to copy and paste his actual remarks, if I'm wrong then I'm happy to bow to your superior knowledge.

2 minutes ago, darklord said:

Firstly Muppets Christmas carol is the best Christmas film ever and just watch it myself. 

Secondly I think Chansiri is a bit at a loss when it comes to the whole manager needing to go thing.  Yes he got rid of gray but I think that was always the plan.  Since he bought the club is all been positive and going forward.  This season is the first he has experienced in football when the times are tough and it's a while different thing to a badly performing business.  The fans are a while different aspect to the situation and I don't think he was prepared for that level of emotion from the fans

Yeah I think that's true

We ultimately all want to push forward as one but the Chairman's ethic of everyone pulling together as a family was undermined primarily by Carlos and the head coach simply had to go. 

I'd really love Mr Chansiri to explain to us how things would have happened had Carlos NOT left the club today.

I'd love to hear that

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Watson said:

It can't be that difficult to copy and paste his actual remarks, if I'm wrong then I'm happy to bow to your superior knowledge.

I'm in the same boat, I'm confused as to where this criticism of the fans has come from which has lead to all this anger?  In that respect, I can only see a fair point from Mr Chansiri.  *shrug*   

1 minute ago, Will69 said:

The decision must have been made last night at the latest, Portuguese news were reporting it as early as 8 and 9am.

The hypothesis is that DC and CC chatted, He offered to leave but DC wanted him to sleep on it. Cue DC getting wound up that us the fans have almost forced a decision upon him when the reality is he has probably never had any dissent to his views before. 

Perhaps in Thai culture that would never happen from folk not at the same financial level and where there is less respect to those that just because they are richer think they are better

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not the fans fault that we are where we are in the league 

In fact we have struggled DESPITE top class support Home and Away 

Its not our fault the stripes are not on the shirts of Sheffield Wednesday

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

It’s not our fault the players don’t play happy positive attacking football

its not our fault the kits were late and then out of stock

Its not our fault the anniversary pre season games didn’t materialise

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

its not our fault that the exec boxes aren’t sold out

Irs not our fault that players are playing like they’re unhappy 

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

None is this season is the fault of ANY fan and it’s a disgrace to suggest so

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

The whole thing is a total smokescreen

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

Enough of such talk! Do you wish to be labelled a cretin? lol

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This whole smokescreen about the Wednesday family and Carlos and Chansiri being abused on the internet 

Its made me really angry

I knew early this morning Carlos had gone and have been in the cinema and restaurant all day and night so not been online much

As a result have had time to reflect on the nonsensical rant that our Chairman delivered in the early hours, knowing it was a precursor to Carlos leaving 

To even try and suggest our fans have had any part to play in Carlos leaving is an absolute disgrace to me and total bull

The blaming of fans for a toxic atmosphere at the club is simply unbelievable and I’m not buying it 

Our fans this season have been the most patient tolerant and understanding fans a struggling Manager could ever have wished to have on their side

To then even mention them when parting company with the Manager is nothing short of scandalous

what should have happened is the chairman should have explained that the manager and Club have parted company, wished Carlos well )because he  is a top guy, and thanked fans for their ongoing support 

Instead we get a tirade that seems to suggest that the chairman is genuinely shocked that fans would be unhappy with what’s happened this year at the club.

Its not our fault players are injured despite the entire medical team being put out of work in the summer 

Its not our fault that the shirt sizes have changed to some random sizes meaning loads of returns 

It’s not our fault the anniversary watches were oversold and refunds and other items had to be offered instead

It’s not our fault that fans are angry at being totally priced out of going to the matches 

its not our fault that those who can afford to go are angry at the prices they are being asked to pay - we didn’t put the prices up 

Fans should not be taking this nonsense about it being any fault of the fans whatsoever never mind putting it forward as a reason to other fans

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Look at the league table, look at the ‘injuries’, look at how happy the players are despite their massive wages and then look at everything else that’s gone off at our club this season

Anyone suggesting the fans have been anything short of unbelievably patient and tolerant and fantastic needs to sit down in a quiet corner for a minute and look at the bigger picture instead of an angry rant from a Chairman who seems surprised that the fans would be miffed at paying massive ticket prices for the worst football since Gary Megsons last few weeks in charge 

Wow, I'm surprised you have come out fighting like that, but you're absolutely bang on the money. I don't get on the Chairman's back, we all make mistakes, hopefully these mistakes will be learned from and put right in due course, the most immediate one been the right managerial appointment, and we can all pull together again and bring back happy times. WAWAW. 

I always wonder if some of these people who stir stuff online are actually Wednesday fans. I mean anyone can set an account up on any social media platform very easily and from just reading YouTube comments you can see the lengths people go to to troll. I’m surprised how thin skinned Chansri is if social media has played part in any of his decisions regarding the club. I personally think that everything was turning abit sour at Hillsborough,Carlos’s strange rants in press conferences and saying he would change stuff yet the players didn’t seem to be listening or even trying in some games, fans starting to write Carlos out signs etc he had to go unfortunately, I’ve had to sack a nice guy who was a bobbar Chef so I know how hard it is lol 

The only positive I personally think there is in chansri’s rant is that he seems passionate, he seems to give a bobbar and hopefully now carols is gone we can stop the pettiness and bitching and all get behind the lads 

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That list is about 50% of what I could list about the shortcomings this season to be fair

I stopped because I was on my Iphone and it was becoming a right bind to type

lol

There's loads more that could be added

That list is just the tip of the iceberg

What iPhone have you got?

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure if it is trolling or an inability to read or understand what has been said. If it's either of the latter 2 then this post is pointless but I will give it a go anyway.

The owner has addressed the whole of the fan base with that statement. A very small minority of our fans have been abusive to Carlos and have seemingly asked Chansiri for a refund and yet he has used this to question the fans base as a whole and raise it in relation to parting ways with the manager and question his continued effort and investment with the club. 

The vast majority of supporters have not been personally abusive to anyone at the club and have been justifiably constructive of their criticism in what has been a very disappointing 150th anniversary year on and off the field.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's trolling

Check his previous posts - https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/profile/13640-watson/

He regularly trolls

It appears all 3 of the above are applicable!

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

Thanks, I'm only asking for evidence of your claims.  Sorry if I have upset you.  Happy Christmas.   

7 minutes ago, Watson said:

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Its made me really angry

Dont believe the hype 

We are better than that 

Completely agree .... Know some on here don't like to criticise the chairman ( we all know what he's done/ spent) but he's making a right balls up of running the club !!

and if he doesn't get the next appointment right then we could be stuck here ( or worse) for a long time to come. 

Time DC took a step back and looked at some of the decisions that have been made and mentioned in above post..... It's far from a happy ship !!!!