Carlos tells Radio Sheffield he won't be fired if we lose tonight

12 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Exactly this. Not sure how anyone can watch Carlos' press conferences and come to the conclusion he's comfortable and apathetic. They are the last things he looks to me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he comes across as comfortable and apathetic most of the time. On the contrary; he appears to be a man under pressure, rambling madly to explain away the season so far. And he should feel under pressure because performances just have not been good enough. 

However,  I feel his tone changes completely when asked about his job security. He seems in no way concerned that his job may be on the line. This may be part of his current state of delusion, but it's my belief that he has reassurances that he won't be going anywhere. 

We shall see. 

4 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

I don’t think he will be sacked either, not after tonight or at any point this season.....and he knows it.

I can accept Chansiri standing by him no matter what, as long as he suffers the consequences for it.

When fans have invested so much money, and on our 150th too, he can't be allowed to get away with that scot free.

Chansiri needs to be thoroughly punished when renewal time comes around.

Drown him in his own sweat, so next time he behaves differently.

4 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

I don’t think he will be sacked either, not after tonight or at any point this season.....and he knows it.

I think this is the case

If so it’s diabolical management at senior level.

Does DC have any concept of where this could lead us? 

As I have said - there is no leadership at this club at present...The required decisions aren’t being made.

Its a concerning time for fans of this club. 

1 hour ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he comes across as comfortable and apathetic most of the time. On the contrary; he appears to be a man under pressure, rambling madly to explain away the season so far. And he should feel under pressure because performances just have not been good enough. 

However,  I feel his tone changes completely when asked about his job security. He seems in no way concerned that his job may be on the line. This may be part of his current state of delusion, but it's my belief that he has reassurances that he won't be going anywhere. 

We shall see. 

His tone charges because he would probably welcome the sack with a nice severance cheque in his top pocket.

Thinking about DC sticking with Carlos regardless annoys me, because we have all invested in this club. I accept DC has invested much more than anyone else, but we were still asked to invest through inflated ticket prices, merchandise prices and contributions to various schemes such as the ill fated 1867 scheme. 

We have done this with the backdrop of dire performances on this pitch and consider it perfectly reasonable for fans to reflect on their return on investment and call for a change of management. Carlos is done, he has no clue, no ideas and is living in his own delusional bubble, increasingly marginalised from the reality we all see. The only person to blame here is DC, 100%. Failure to make the necessary decision is not in the best interests of the club and a slap in the face to each and every fan who has supported his vision by buying tickets, merchandise etc.

2 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

He wont be fired and while there is a large voice on here for him to go its really only on here not on match days 

Every Wednesday fan I know wants him gone. Those who attend games, those who don't. 

Footbalk cukture has seemingly changed, especially at S6. In seasons gone by we'd be screaming for him to be sacked, bus everyine justs sits there quietly. 

I've seen posts from several people saying that it's only posters on here that want him gone becasuse there are no chants at games. That's just not how it works anymore.

Only people who want him to stay that I personally know are my blades mates who take the wee wee out of me every week now. Made more annoying by the fact I never rubbed it in when we were a division above for 5 years. 

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

Every Wednesday fan I know wants him gone. Those who attend games, those who don't. 

Footbalk cukture has seemingly changed, especially at S6. In seasons gone by we'd be screaming for him to be sacked, bus everyine justs sits there quietly. 

I've seen posts from several people saying that it's only posters on here that want him gone becasuse there are no chants at games. That's just not how it works anymore.

Only people who want him to stay that I personally know are my blades mates who take the wee wee out of me every week now. Made more annoying by the fact I never rubbed it in when we were a division above for 5 years. 

I know loads who don't want him gone me included , hes got the rest of the season so why get worked up about it 

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

Some are going to be made it known in South stand tonight his time is up.

No they wont , they will continue to ***** on tinterweb but face to face is a different kettle of fish 

They will be easy to spot in South anyway .. anyone under 30 is instantly ejected anyone over 30 has grown up and wont think its important enough to shout about because there adults lol

1 minute ago, Dronowl66 said:

I know loads who don't want him gone me included , hes got the rest of the season so why get worked up about it 

Im not questioning you but who are these people? As in where do you talk to them? For what I do for work I talk to dozens of fans of all different ages, attitudes and outlooks on life. Then my mates and family too. Then add in the random people who I'll chat with in the pub whilst at the bar or having a cig. Couldn't be a more diverse bunch. 

All have one thing in common, Carlos needs sacking and he's long outstayed his welcome. Obviously there will be some but I've yet to personally meet anyone the past 4 weeks that wants him to stay.

Im not questioning you but who are these people? As in where do you talk to them? For what I do for work I talk to dozens of fans of all different ages, attitudes and outlooks on life. Then my mates and family too. Then add in the random people who I'll chat with in the pub whilst at the bar or having a cig. Couldn't be a more diverse bunch. 

All have one thing in common, Carlos needs sacking and he's long outstayed his welcome. Obviously there will be some but I've yet to personally meet anyone the past 4 weeks that wants him to stay.

I cant provide there names addresses and national security numbers I'm just making the point its really not even a majority yet or there would be a more vocal protest at games , fact is it simply hasn't happened 

11 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

I cant provide there names addresses and national security numbers I'm just making the point its really not even a majority yet or there would be a more vocal protest at games , fact is it simply hasn't happened 

I obviosuly didn't want that. Literally just wanted to know what kinda people are they. 

Vocal protests just don't really happen as much as they used to. Lots of football fans at games have changed. The cost and popularity of football has changed it from a working class game and therefore the attitude of supporters inside grounds change too. 

As I said in my personal life I know none. Of the small % of those I know whomgo

to games there's probably only a couple who would be vocal and chant for he to be sacked.

As everyone keeps saying, apathy has set in

14 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

Not at all Ive enjoyed the wins the play offs etc over last three years and I don't over react when it goes wrong for a period , each to there own though 

You enjoyed the playoffs? I didn't, we lost. I know I'm not out there on the pitch but I really don't like losing.

Losing is part of life, can't think of anything that I enjoy losing at though. 

You enjoyed the playoffs? I didn't, we lost. I know I'm not out there on the pitch but I really don't like losing.

Losing is part of life, can't think of anything that I enjoy losing at though. 

I enjoyed it because I spent the previous 15 years with absolutely nothing to look forward to except avoiding relegation and the courts 

Perspective 

5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I obviosuly didn't want that. Literally just wanted to know what kinda people are they. 

Vocal protests just don't really happen as much as they used to. Lots of football fans at games have changed. The cost and popularity of football has changed it from a working class game and therefore the attitude of supporters inside grounds change too. 

As I said in my personal life I know none. Of the small % of those I know whomgo

to games there's probably only a couple who would be vocal and chant for he to be sacked.

As everyone keeps saying, apathy has set in

They are Dirty Red and White Barstewards